• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS displaying actual template variables names

247meds

Hi

I've been working on a clients website which has STS V4.6 installed. However during the checkout process on the site the template variables are being displayed. You can view this happening on the site for yourselves at http://www.247medicines.com

If you just add something to basket and then checkout and follow the subsequent steps till you reach the point where to put in the credit card data. Don't add any credit card data and just click on proceed. At this point the template variables get displayed whilst the cart does some background processing. e.g.

$templatevariablename1$

$templatevariablename2$

$templatevariablename3$

these variable names are positioned on the screen as per the underlying template.

I am trying to figure out why this is happening. Is this an STS install error? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards

Jamil

Jami,

This is known bug from a template set (freeosc009) donated by a user. I have not been able to locate in the template set what is causing the bug but I do have a stable fix for users who still want to use that particular template set as a foundation for their site.

You can find the work around here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/295660-contribution-sts-v4/page__st__5760__p__1514546%26#entry1514546

Hope that helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Bill

thanks for your reply. I have modified the code as suggested i.e. modified to code fragment below. This however did not fix my problem the template variables still display in the $variablename$ format when checkout confirmation is executed. Have i missed something? also i just wanted to say i did not use the free template set (freeosc009). However i did use 3 of the template files from the template set sts_templates/multiple/. Maybe this is where the issue lies?

Please advise.

Thanks again

Jamil

######################code fragment##################################

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<?php /* BOF: STS checkout page break fix */

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;

} else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

}

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td>

<?php /* EOF: STS checkout page break fix */ ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

#####################end code fragment#################################

Off subject but if you view the site in IE you get the infamous "unsecure items" popup on SSL pages.

The g00gle analytice script is one source of your problem.

And maybe the only souorce. I didn't do a complete reconnoiter of the source code.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Since you are using stop char in your variable names (recommended) you will need to make sure the following is at the top of each template page:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<?php

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Off subject but if you view the site in IE you get the infamous "unsecure items" popup on SSL pages.

And maybe the only souorce. I didn't do a complete reconnoiter of the source code.

Thanks germ for bringing that to my attention. I'll look into it and fix it. I fixed many "unsecure items issues previously" it seems the recent introduction of the google analytics code has brought back that issue.

regards

Jamil

Since you are using stop char in your variable names (recommended) you will need to make sure the following is at the top of each template page:

<?php

Hope this helps you out,

Hi Bill

yes that seems to be the case with each of the templates. My template files begin as such is that the same as you would expect ? :-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

$warning_header$

<!--$headcontent-->

<?php

Hi germ

i've looked into the issue and seem to have the correct code to prevent this. Looking at some old post of yours also in this respect could it be that the check I am doing for SSL is not correct for my server? I'm using $request_type == 'SSL' maybe i need to use some other check?

since i am using STS i used the code in this oscommerce thread (below) to install google analytics on my site.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/270912-google-analytics-with-stshtc-and-seo-url-installed/

Please advise.

regards

Jamil

You're using the "old g00gle code".

Read this (2nd post in that thread)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

You're using the "old g00gle code".

Read this (2nd post in that thread)

Hi

Thanks germ I've implemented the new code and the issue does not arise with I.E. now.

Now to modify the templates so I can improve on the crappy menu boxes.

regards

Jamil