• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recommendation Engine?

nealc

Does anyone know of any recommendation engines out there that are free open source and plug and play compatible?? I have been searching Google all morning and can't seem to find anything that is close to what I am looking for. I am either hoping someone here in the community has developed something like this or can maybe point me in the right direction.

Basically I am looking for this recommendation engine to show potential customers products that they may like, something similar to Amazon, and I did see the contribution for upsell/cross sell but that is manual i.e I have to add linked products but this is something that will not work with my site as I have over 30,000 products, I am looking for something a little more dynamic.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

what kind of scenario are you thinking off ?

Isn't it always going to be a bit manual ?

I currently have products specifications installed which allows me to enter something along the lines of 'xyz suitable for 123', the specifications can be filtered and passed as Get variables.

Secondly, google code has this open source script

http://code.google.com/p/interactive-decision-tree/

demo here; http://www.hungry-media.com/code/interactive-decision-tree/demo.html?0001

which I'm hoping to integrate into the site at one point.

I think it should be possible, but i have not found the time or developer to do this for me.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

No, not necessarily. Take a look at Baynote and Strands to name just a couple of companies offering product recommendations. These are all based on algorithms and will show products that the customer may be interested in based on their search criteria on your site or on the specific product they are looking at. They may even be able to show products based on what the customer is searching for from whatever search engine they came from. Both of these sites offer paid services which is why I was looking for an alternative, open source remedy.

I am going to take a look at the product specifications add on though.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

My mistake, I assume customer traversing a tree, while you talk about personalisation engines.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived