• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out error "strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in general.php on line 163"

vincenthedan

Hi guys,

right after check out (which goes fine), I get this:

Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/dismagig/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 163

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dismagig/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:163) in /home/dismagig/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

No idea what's going on. I can see the order on the admin panel, but this warning message right after the check out is quite disturbing...

Any solution?

right after check out (which goes fine), I get this:

Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/*******/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 163

Might be the bug that was fixed in the section labeled [C] Update product notifications in the update.html that comes with the download of RC2a.

• 5 weeks later...

Might be the bug that was fixed in the section labeled [C] Update product notifications in the update.html that comes with the download of RC2a.

I am using the latest version of Oscommerce webshop RC2a but still I get the same Warning ( strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in general.php ).

Please some one help.

I just fond out that the warning will not come agian if you set the Enable GZip Compression to "true" in Admin.

But I still dont know why it helps.

so if anyone out there know this please help ....

here is the solution, for this warning:

Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/***/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 163

replace this:

// Return all HTTP GET variables, except those passed as a parameter
 function tep_get_all_get_params($exclude_array = '') {
   global $HTTP_GET_VARS;

if (!is_array($exclude_array)) $exclude_array = array();

$get_url = '';
   if (is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS) && (sizeof($HTTP_GET_VARS) > 0)) {
     reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);
     while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
       if ( (strlen($value) > 0) && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'error') && (!in_array($key, $exclude_array)) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
         $get_url .= $key . '=' . rawurlencode(stripslashes($value)) . '&';
       }
     }
   }

return $get_url;
 }

////

By this:

global $HTTP_GET_VARS;

$get_url = '';
   if (is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS) && (sizeof($HTTP_GET_VARS) > 0)) {
     reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);
     while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
       if (  is_string($value) && (strlen($value) > 0) && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'error') && (!in_array($key, $exclude_array)) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
       }
     }
   }

return $get_url;
 }

////

:thumbsup:

Wayand

While that will fix the immediate problem (passing an array rather than a string to strlen()), it would be better to figure out why you have an array within your $HTTP_GET_VARS/$_GET array. Is this a hack, or a coding error, or is there really supposed to be an array there?

• 3 weeks later...

While that will fix the immediate problem (passing an array rather than a string to strlen()), it would be better to figure out why you have an array within your $HTTP_GET_VARS/$_GET array. Is this a hack, or a coding error, or is there really supposed to be an array there?

Was this problem solved beyond a "immediate solution"? I have the same problem and I don't know if to wait for a solution, or to apply the solution posted above?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am a true novice at this (and based upon this comment) I went to the osQuantum Development Forums who offer many many different fixes for OSCommerce. The forums are located here for OSCommerce specifically -

http://forums.osquantum.org/index.php?showforum=3

I gave them the ORIG code and the fix given above by wayand. This was their reply...

REPLACE WITH

global $_GET;

$get_url = '';
   if (is_array($_GET) && (sizeof($_GET) > 0)) {
     reset($_GET);
     while (list($key, $value) = each($_GET)) {
       if ( (strlen($value) > 0) && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'error') && (!in_array($key, $exclude_array)) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
       }
     }
   }

return $get_url;
 }

Hope that helps...

BJ

• 4 weeks later...

Since I am a true novice at this (and based upon this comment) I went to the osQuantum Development Forums who offer many many different fixes for OSCommerce. The forums are located here for OSCommerce specifically -

http://forums.osquantum.org/index.php?showforum=3

I gave them the ORIG code and the fix given above by wayand. This was their reply...

REPLACE WITH

global $_GET;

$get_url = '';
     reset($_GET);
       }
     }
   }

return $get_url;
 }

Hope that helps...

BJ

Hello,

Please,help!

The same thing happened to me but mine was on line 33:

public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

What is line 33 in your copy of the file? In standard osC 2.2 RC2a, that line is

header('Location: ' . $url);

If you're getting "strlen() expects parameter 1..." errors, the closest strlen() is in lines 28 through 30:

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url
       $url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL
     }

HTTP_SERVER should be a simple string like "http://yoursite.com". Is HTTP_SERVER properly defined in your includes/configure.php file?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As MrPhil already stated HTTP_SERVER is a define in catalog/includes/configure.php, PHP 5.3 nor the latest 5.4.6 changes this fact.

• 2 months later...

The issue stems from customers checking off the "Notify me of Product updates" at checkout.

Here is a replacement for the entire function, with some additional logic. Picked off of the zenCart forums and converted back to OSC:

$exclude_array = array_merge($exclude_array, array(tep_session_name(), 'error', 'x', 'y'));
$get_url = '';
 reset($_GET);
 if (is_array($value) || in_array($key, $exclude_array)) continue;
 if (strlen($value) > 0) {
	 $get_url .= tep_sanitize_string($key) . '=' . rawurlencode(stripslashes($value)) . '&';
 }
 }
}
while (strstr($get_url, '&&')) $get_url = str_replace('&&', '&', $get_url);
while (strstr($get_url, '&&')) $get_url = str_replace('&&', '&', $get_url);
return $get_url;
}

Archived