• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DynamoEffects One Page Checkout

Does anybody else use the DynamoEffects One Page Checkout?

The guy that makes and sells it is terrible at responding to my questions/concerns.

For example, ever since he installed it for me, Recover Cart Sales quit working, and no orders are being saved in order history in the database, so I can't look people up that ordered last month, etc....

Also, if customers try to confirm their checkout without having entered their e-mail address, it will jump them back up to that field which is outlined in red and says their e-mail address isn't valid. BUT, if they forget some other required field, like name or address, at the bottom of the page when they click "Confirm," nothing happens, they just sit there staring at the page not doing anything.....IF they happen to scroll up, they'll see what they forgot to fill in, but often they don't.

I'm also just curious about anyone else's experience with this one page checkout. It doesn't appear that many folks know about/use it.

I've used it a couple of times, but had to customize it to meet my customers' needs. I have also had customers who've used Brian's installation service. You've got to be careful -- he didn't seem to be quite comfortable to overwrite existing customized code for my customers too, rather than do a proper merge installation.

I hope you have a backup and can use WinMerge.

-jared

Archived