• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS integration - do you use the included module?

lindsayanng

I can not get the included module to work, even with my API access key.. I just get the error that the sit ecould not access USPS website to retrieve the info.. the error shows on the checkout page and there are no php errors.

I am begining to think that maybe the USPS addon is just not old or not the right one because even the url in the setup panel for that module does not exist.. So I am wondering, to those of you who use USPS for shipping, what module do you use and how do you have it configured?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I took the existing USPS module as a template and then modified it to make my own version. Had to update it to use the latest version of the API (which was defined in a USPS PDF document available on their website).

Check out Chad's News.

Would you be interested in sharing your modifications with the community?? Or if you tell me I can put it together as a patch and upload it for you if you don't wanna manage a contribution

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Would you be interested in sharing your modifications with the community?? Or if you tell me I can put it together as a patch and upload it for you if you don't wanna manage a contribution

Thanks for the offer. I'll need a bit of time on this. I added some custom code for splitting up large shipments that use Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes (they split differently than non-Flat Rate shipments), and I'll need to remove that code before posting it as an add-on.

And when I was developing it, I couldn't use the test server because it was running on v2 of the API while production was running on v3 (don't know if that's still the case).

Check out Chad's News.

Ok, well let me know.. I might actually be able to pull out the split boxes module you have myself if you wantd to just turn over what you have.. as long as I know what you were doing when you designed it, I can make it production ready...

The changes you made (minus the split boxes) where mostly in the module page.. correct?? There should have been no changes to the DB or anything too complex. The changes were likely just in the connection to USPS

Yes, no database changes, other than the configuration items for the module (I added a few). Give me a bit of time on this, and I'll get back to you.

Check out Chad's News.

• 2 weeks later...

I REALLY need to get this working as soon as possible.. if ANYONE has a working USPS mod, PLEASE let me know

Archived