• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Client is having some problems with other's people's info in forms

kstudiofx

I recently redesigned a client's oscommerce... not sure which version it was... i gave them a custom design, didn't really touch any of the core coding so not sure why this is happening but they mention that whenever they go to the contact page that other people's information is already pre inputted in the form fields... (ive checked the page on my end in a few different mac browsers and ie on a pc but am not seeing it so i can't see what the problem is) also had one of their own customers complain that they couldn't change their shipping address when placing an order (i've made my own account to test it and i'm adding and changing addresses with no problem so i can't see what the problem is with this either) then the client says they're getting ready to checkout and in the information on checkout it dispalys someone else's information... any thoughts anybody? this has to be a security issue no?

www.kettcosmetics.com

I had a similar problem today. A customer placed the order and then the buyer and shipping information was

automatically filled in with another customer's information (this customer's order was placed a few days ago).

The correct customer tried four times to edit the information, but the SOLD TO name was still incorrect. Neither

customer created an account, so I don't know where the previous customer's information came from. I placed

a test order myself and have had other orders that look ok, but I'm concerned about how this could have happened.

Archived