• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping questions

pantera28

I'm totally confused on the whole shipping thing- first online store! Is there a link where the "basics" are explained?

My issues are:

Half of my products will ship from the Bahamas and the other half from Georgia in the US. From the Bahamas I would like incremental "flat rates" and from GA I would like to use UPS. Is there a ready made add on that will do this??

The MVS addon will do this. You'll need to set up the UPS module for the US shipper and probably the Table module for the other.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

That addon looks like it will do the trick for me. I installed the SQL file successfully, added the new PHP files, and copied and replaced the modified files over as well( thinking I didn't have to many modifications to the original OSC installation that I couldn't go back and tweek), however it was all screwed up. The main index page ( store front) was fine, but as soon as an item was added to the cart, things started acting up... on the cart page there was no "check out" button, then if I clicked "check out" from the main header menu, the browser went blank.

I'm now deleting the files in the "catalog" folder on the local and server and replacing them with a backup made prior to this addon, in hopes to get back to my original state. Do I also need to do something with the SQL file run on the database? I think I may have made a mistake copying the file over ( location wise) on the first go, so I am going to try and redo that first. But will I need to undo the SQl file to get back to normal if this doesn't work?

Edited by pantera28

The SQL just adds things to the database, so it should be safe to leave it in. If you're not going to use MVS, it would be better to back those changes out as well.

Regards

Jim

Ok,

All files modified, new files uploaded... sites down- www.wildislandtradingcompany.com/oscommerce2/catalog/index.php shows blank. I may have two issues : first my version of OSC is 2.2_u060817 is this version compatible with MVS ??? Second, when merging the modified files , instructions say add code on the //MVS lines or between the MVS start / end lines. I basically added everything that was different in the files that didn't have to do with the CSS or table changes that I had made to my files. I thought this would be ok as it says if you have a new install all the file could just be copied over your original files. There were differences, which is why I think I may have a different version??

Edited by pantera28

Yes, your site should work normally with MVS turned off.

As stated in the instructions, MVS currently supports osC 2.2RC2a. It will not work on anything older than RC1, and possibly not that. You need to upgrade to 2.2RC2a before installing MVS. Given the number of security fixes since your version, you need to do this anyway.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Upgrade to RC2a went fine and then the install of MVS. However, I have lost the Adim site?? When going to the admin I get 404 file not found: http://wildislandtradingcompany.com/oscommerce2/catalog/admin/login.php?osCAdminID=28q9n0hrsojd25oe8kbo123nu6 . Any ideas? the admin address is www.wildislandtradingcompany.com/oscommerce2/catalog/admin/index.php and there is a "index.php" in the "admin" folder, but I don't have a "login.php" in the "admin" folder...

Good. Now go rename your admin folder and secure it, since you've just given the address to every hacker on the planet.

Regards

Jim