• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Allow php scripts as a banner in banner manager?

lindsayanng

I can't believe i never used the banner manager before like this, but I realized it is really a GREAT thing for my clients.. To turn the banner manager into almost a widget area. Since the banners allow users to easily upload, edit, and change pictures in that area AND lets them enter their own HTML code, using them should be standard for making websites for people who aren't code savy/

Anyways.. I would LIKE to make one of my banner areas PHP ready. I want to pull wordpress plugin content from wordpress to the oscommerce store, but it requires some php which seems to be stripped at the moment. I originally tested by using a simple

<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>

This is clearly getting stripped because in the source there is nothing there...

So where is the function that chooses what language to allow and how do i override that? Any thoughts?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Code is not currently possible because the banner manager is pulling text from the database. This text is not interpreted by the PHP parser. You can force it to parse with the eval() statement, but that opens a really big can of worms. Are you certain that you want your clients to be able to add PHP code?

If you truly want to do this, I have an eval script around here somewhere.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived