• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support Fix

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After updating the live support files, I have found that the "operators are busy" error has dissapeared.

I now have another problem though. I am able to get the call waiting working in the admin, and the customer can log in to live support and the dialog ahows up saying "an operator will be with you momentarily" (or something like that) but the admin is never notified that someone is waiting.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

After updating the live support files, I have found that the "operators are busy" error has dissapeared.

I now have another problem though. I am able to get the call waiting working in the admin, and the customer can log in to live support and the dialog ahows up saying "an operator will be with you momentarily" (or something like that) but the admin is never notified that someone is waiting.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Chris

chmod the sound files to 755 or 777 and that should work

I am sorry I want to ask a question that you might found stupid but I really dont know what I can do...

I want to ask how I can change the name of the sales, so that my customer can see in the chat window

Linda: Hi My name is Linda, How may I help you?

instead of

Sales: How may I help you?

I've change the name from ls_tech in the sql but seems nothing is change. Can any one help?

I am sorry I want to ask a question that you might found stupid but I really dont know what I can do...

I want to ask how I can change the name of the sales, so that my customer can see in the chat window

Linda: Hi My name is Linda, How may I help you?

instead of

Sales: How may I help you?

I've change the name from ls_tech in the sql but seems nothing is change. Can any one help?

It's in the catalog\admin\ls_answercall.php

Just change the $start_msg = "How may I help You?";

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Rocking Contributions, Batman!

I just installed the lastest version of Live Help on my test site and all I can say is WOW!

I'm a Mac user, so it does NOT work in Safari, but it works fine in Netscape (I can't stand IE and Safari has spoiled me on Tabbed Browsing window).

Thank you SO much for this contribution. I have so many customers that have questions or get lost on what they are supposed to do when they are checking out. We have a number of elderly customers who are braving the new world of technology and this contribution is exactly what we needed so that we can walk them through the things they need to do if they are unsure or get confused.

Wow. What a godsend!

Thank you SO much!!!

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I have gotten this working on both sides and had one succsesful test chat with a friend. Sadly, the "Hang Up" did not work and I was finally forced to use PHP Admin to empty 44 records from the ls_conversations table.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, unless the requester clicks "Hang Up" the system thinks they are still there no matter what I tried. This seems like it would be great if this bug is ever fully resolved.

I think I have this up and running fully, Hang up works the lot.

I need someone to come and test it out, try and get it to fail etc.

I have used a combination of about 3 contributions in total to iron out all cracks. Once I have it fully tested and no-one can fault it, I will .zip all the changes and post back here.

Please chat to me HERE

guys, m too waiting for the fix. Hope someone replies to this soon.

Thanks

Jack

Yes, I am not really a programmer, but I feel that the admin part Processing status is mixed. And the small chat window can not recognize Processing status, and get sth wrong then.....

• 2 months later...

ok whats the status here...

i just read through this whole thread and saw like 10 fixes for live person

im running osmax and i managed to get it all working

but im getting the pop up error i saw listed about 5 times here

i saw some code for java

ie//

define('FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT', \"java script:void(0);\\" onclick=\\"window.open('live_support.php','livesupport','width=280,height=280') \");

to fix it but it didnt say where too put this

i ran grep -Hrn FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT * |grep java

and only found one file

filesnames.php

which was located in

catalog/inc

i replaced the line but it seems as if the code was mistaken

because it made all my code go red

so i removed the last \

ie

define('FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT', \"java script:void(0);\\" onclick=\\"window.open('live_support.php','livesupport','width=280,height=280') ");

and that seemed to correct the error but now the page wont display..

so i set it back...

what i need is the code to stop the admin window from popping up on the screen

during refresh over and over

great contrib

mucho respect

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm a fairly experienced osCommerce user and I've got this module up and running with osCommerce 2.2 MS2

Seems to work great. If you want any help getting it to work you can reach me at one of the following.

http://www.myden.org < website

e-mail: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

AIM: csmyden

YIM: cmyden

Regards,

chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just installed the LS 1.3b and did everything following the instructions.

now, I have a not really working instllation.

Everything looks fine until the point where the customer requests help.

by clicking and entering his name he gets the msg that all operators are busy... but that is not true.

I have seen a very early posting on page 2 - but I do not know if this is what I got to do as I have the newer version.

Hope somebody can help me (to help my customers :) )

Regards

Kai

The way mine works is initially the customer will see 'all users are busy'.

A popup will show to the admin, or Live Support Operator, letting them know that a customer has requested to start a conversation. Once the Operator clicks the popup to begin the conversation the conversation will start and the 'all users are busy' will not be shown to the customer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if this contribution works on OSC 2.2? The reason I ask is that I started to install it but the instructions seem to be wrong. It says:

Open 'includes/application_top.php'

around line 82 you will see the following:

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

In my shop, FILENAME_ZONES is defined in filenames.php.

Then it says:

next around line 129 you will see the following

define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

but TABLE_ZONES is defined in database_tables.php. At this point I stopped. I've installed quite a few contributions but none have never had this many major mistakes so I have to wonder if it is ony for previous versions of OSC ? Anyone able to get this going with a new shop? Did you just search your files to find where the changes belong?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons