• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support Fix

I just have installed the Live Support v1.3b on my MS2 shop (of 09.2003) installation and it works well. But I have to disable my Norton Antivirus to have a correct popup in the admin section.

Some remarks :

1. I'm starting to localize this contrib because my shop has multiple languages.

2. I will also try to use the css stylesheet instead of the ones included in the php files.

3. I have 2 assistants in my database but I do get this to work. This will need further investigation.

4. @Jack_mcs : what version did you take ? I do not find your text in my installation.txt.

I'll keep you posted during the next days.

Didier.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. @Jack_mcs : what version did you take ? I do not find your text in my installation.txt.

Thanks for posting this. Turns out there are three listings in contributions named Live Support. I tried this one because it says it is V 1.2 d. Turns out that is not true. I downloaded the one you mentioned and it behaves much better.

Now, can you, or anyone, tell me if I can test this myself? That is, open admin in a browser and start Live Support. Then open my site in another browser (same computer) and talk back and forth. I tried doing this but the browser with my home page on it says all operators are busy. So I don't know if this is normal when testing like this or if I have it installed incorrectly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack I believe you can do that. When a customer starts a chat session, they are shown 'all operators are busy' first. The admin is then notified that a person has just signed on. Once the admin clicks on the customer's name and begins the chat session, the customer no longer sees 'all operators are busy' and the chat session has begun. Make sure you do not have any popup blockers enabled.

If it doesn't work, then I am 100% sure it works across 2 different browsers, mozilla and IE for example.

can someone post a link to the live support v1.3b

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Jack I believe you can do that. When a customer starts a chat session, they are shown 'all operators are busy' first. The admin is then notified that a person has just signed on. Once the admin clicks on the customer's name and begins the chat session, the customer no longer sees 'all operators are busy' and the chat session has begun. Make sure you do not have any popup blockers enabled.

If it doesn't work, then I am 100% sure it works across 2 different browsers, mozilla and IE for example.

It seems admin is not being notified in my case. Here's what I am doing:

With Internet Explorer I click on Start Live Support in admin->Live Support - I get a small window for Live Support. The text "Waiting For" is blinked on about every 5 seconds.

In Netscape I bring up my site and click on the Live Support image. I get a Login window asking me to enter my name. After I do, I get the All operators busy message.

That's it. I have Ad Blocking disabled in Zone Alarm. Am I suppossed to see a new message in admin? Does anyone know how I would go about finding the problem since it is not giving me any indication of where the problem is?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Does anyone know if there is a contribution to stop the window, while chatting, from blinking every 5 secs? I know that it's the way that it "communicates", but I find it a little annoying.....

Jack,

As far as I can recall, after you get the all operators are busy message, the admin side should get a notification that a user has started a session. It should come in the window that pops up every 5 seconds.

Thanks Safoo. That's not happening in mine. I'll play around with it and see it I can figure out what the problem is. If anyone figures it out though, please post it here.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I need help!

I have a pop up windown with a call coming in, but I have no one there, because the window closes right away!

Now this is the error that I'm getting....

Warning: Host 'cgi1_proxy' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /mnt/web_g/d47/s36/b01f2394/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host 'cgi1_proxy' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /mnt/web_g/d47/s36/b01f2394/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server

Someone help please!

Hmmm.I also have some strange behaviours with this contribution. I will install the Crafty Syntax Live Help GPL software. Seems much more interesting than the OSC contribution that still needs a lot of tuning.

This is the one I used :

URL : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,live

Well, I definitively will abandon all OSC contributions for Live Help Support and do a donation for that Crafty Syntax Live Help software. Installs in 5 minutes, works perfectly and has a lot of options.

Try it out if you want a professional but "free" live help system. It is also allowed of course to do a donation to the author.

Didier.

• 1 year later...

I just installed this contrib and had the exact problum and never really found any good way to resolve this in the forum so I worked on it and found the answer if you get this error your file admin/includes/database_tables.php does not include the necessary information add these files to the end of that file

define('TABLE_LS_TECHS', 'ls_techs');

define('TABLE_LS_STATUS', 'ls_status');

define('TABLE_LS_CONVERSATIONS', 'ls_conversations');

If you sill have errors chedck out admin/filnames.php and catalog/include/filenames.php

Hi ibandyop

Yup--I realised after I wrote my post that I had to create 2 files.. heh.. ok that done..

I seem to be having a problem with it.

If the admin is available.. a customer can click the image and sign in.. but then it says that all reps are busy... but nothing comes through to the admin to say there is someone waiting.. The admin popup still says waiting for calls...

Tracy