• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support Fix

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are on the page where you enter your name - before you enter chat and get the "page not found" message - right click and view source to 1st see where your baseurl is pointed. Mine looks like this:

<base href="http://www.mysite.com/">

Then look at where the "Enter" button is directed.

Mine is:

<form action="live_support.php" method="post" target="livesupport">

So the target of the form would be "http://www.mysite.com/live_support.php".

You need to see where your form is pointed and fix accordingly. It's just a matter of finding where it's pointing.

that did not do it

here is the file it is looking for

http://http_serverdir_ws_catalog/live_support.php

any idea why

Hi,

Where can i download this lastest version of support live.. I want to know where. or can someone zip up all the bugs and fixes. and release it under the contribution. thanks, because its too hard to fix everybug one by one.. please do it..

thanks

Hi all,

this suck, because last time this live support thread was long, and really no one every got a good contribution out of it. and now this thread is happening again, with soo many things to changes, and so many differnet version of the live support. what is going on here? I suggest someone who havea clean copy of it. Please pack it up and releaes it under the contribution, so we don't have so many copy floating around, this is too confusing for people. I mean for one myself.

I'm begging someone please be kind enough and take some time out to pack it up for others to use it so we don't have that much trouble

thanks

when live support is ended by clicking close on client side, admin side resets to waiting, but gets a not found window

any ideals?

thanks in advance

Tom

I installed michellez1 zip-file (page 12), and now everything works! Thx for that!

Just one note: I never got it to work with MyIE2, only with Microsoft IE.

OK now that my live support is working fine no problems after about 2 weeks i have a box opening every 5 seconds behind my live call window. It didnt do that before but it is now. any idea why?

Hi,

i have install the contri from Site 12, but there ist some problem.

A User clicks the support and enter the chat with name and in the admin the User calls Screen comes up.

Ok.

But when i click the name, nothing happend .

Have anyone a idea where is the problem ?

WOW I AM SOOOOOOO STUPID

I am using the template version of osc and i couldnt figure out what was wrong then I remembered that the template version has its own box directory and that i needed to change the file there. i did that and BANG. it works

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Does anybody have Live Support working on MS2? I'm trying to install it on MS2 and everything seen to be working ok so far, with the exception that I can not get the LIve Support Link to show up in my Admin in the Tools section.

This is the code that I am using;

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT, BOX_TOOLS_LIVE_SUPPORT) .

When I try to use the original code of;

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_LIVE_SUPPORT . '</a><br>' .

I do get the link but I get an error message that states "Access Denied No Right Permission Access" whenever I click on the link. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thank you in advance for any and all help

Jose :D

Hi Everybody,

Ok I got the Live Support Link showing up on the Tools Section of my Admin. However when I click to activate the Live Support Mod. It take me to a new Admin login windows. Where if I login on it, it will take me back to the Admin. and Live Support is never Activated. :? :? Any ideas on this?

Thanks everyone.

Jose :D

Hello everyone,

I am completely amazed at how big this has gotten. I was browsing the message boards and found this thread.

I have gotten emails from several people about Live Support not working with MS2. Well this has gotten my a** (hmmm butt) in gear and have begun working on another version for MS2.

This new version is going to be complete re-write, with more features and I am working on a solution for the constant clicking for the page refresh.

I have no expected release date and I am hoping it will be sometime this fall. I hope that this next version will be a bigger success than the first.

Mike Lessar

@Mike

This modul works good with 2.2ms2.

@all

But i missing a Soundalert on Supportside (like a *.wav) , when a User calling the "live-support" is available/ON to the supportside. Very important for me.

There is already a solution of the problem ? It gives there a code-hack? Any hints & ideas? I hope you understand me and my problem?!

regards & many thanks

MasterX :D

PS: Sorry my english is not so good

Hi MasterX,

Can you share how you got LiveSupport to work with 2.2ms2? :lol: It would help me if you can tell me the paths of where you install all your files. I know that because of the way ms2 is written that you must break up the way you install some of the files like

1) Open /catalog/includes/application_top.php and add the following lines:

// Live support modification

define('FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT', "java script:void(0);" onclick="window.open('live_support.php','livesupport','width=280,height=280') ");

AND ADD:

define('TABLE_LS_TECHS', 'ls_techs');

define('TABLE_LS_STATUS', 'ls_status');

define('TABLE_LS_CONVERSATIONS', 'ls_conversations');

2) Open /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php and add the following line:

// Live support modification

define('FILENAME_LIVE_SUPPORT', 'live_support.php');

AND ADD:

define('TABLE_LS_TECHS', 'ls_techs');

define('TABLE_LS_STATUS', 'ls_status');

define('TABLE_LS_CONVERSATIONS', 'ls_conversations');

I've install these modification in there respected filename.php and database_tables.php but I'm not sure if this is correct or if I put them in the right place. :? :? Can you please look at my above post and see the problem that I am having?

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much MasterX, :D :D

Jose

Yes judoka, so is right,

the filename-definition put in filenames.php and table-definition put in database_tables.php. By me works so fine, additional with the Live-Support-Fixes at TOP of this thread.

@Mike

I such no more *.wav-files :D . My problem is, when a user calling or click on "live-support, the supporter on the support-side see the chat-window, but become not a soundalert.... now understanding me?

regards

MasterX

Hi Masterx,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I have it set up correctly but it still does not work for me.

As for your sound problem first look in you admin/livesupport folder and make sure that you have a beep.wav and a warning.wav files in there.

Than in the install instructions you were suppose to have added the following lines in admin/includes/application_top.php,

define('LS_COLOR', 'white');

define('LS_ARCHIVE', 'false');

define('LS_WARNING', 'warning.wav');

I do not know where you install these lines but the third line is the one that calls the ring function. Can you tell me where you put these lines?

I hope this helps you,

judoka :D

Hi Judoka,

thanks for your help.

all Definitions and Files have a right Place in Files and on the Server. Soundcard und Speaker is activated - No Sound :cry: :?: ...

Now wait we of the new released Live_Support from l3ackdraft 8)

regards MasterX

I read through 15 pages or so of this post and my exact problem was never mentioned so I am making a new post.

After the "waiting for calls" window has been running for a few minutes, it changes from "waiting for calls" to "service" and makes it so no calls come through. On the catalog side, it still says Live Support is Available, but on the admin side, it's like it shuts down without really shutting down. If I right click in the "Service" (aka "waiting for calls" window) and click refresh, it says "closing this window has turned off live support." However, the window doesn't close. It actually resets it to say "waiting for calls" again.. which is a good thing! However, it is quite annoying to have to refresh the window every few minutes just to receive calls, especially when you forget about it!

Also, I have never had sound. Anyone know why? I"ve checked the file locations and names and they are all correct. This isn't a big issue right now because what's the point of having sound if you can't accept calls. :)

Please help! I love the Live Support function but don't use it right now because of these issues.

Thank you in advance!

Jenny