• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support Fix

Hey, just a note to say.

last night I downloaded the live support, and installed it, with no problems. Working great, even after having the support window die on me.

Thomas Keats

Still reving new catalog system up...

Edited by Johnson

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tkeats

Good for you! Will you please post the link to the actual download that you used that is currently working for you after you installed it? Many of us have downloaded all of them and applied multiple patches with no affect. If you are able to share which one you used and whether you followed the base instructions or had to make modifications many of us might be able to get ours working as well. Thank you much!

tkeats

Good for you! Will you please post the link to the actual download that you used that is currently working for you after you installed it? Many of us have downloaded all of them and applied multiple patches with no affect. If you are able to share which one you used and whether you followed the base instructions or had to make modifications many of us might be able to get ours working as well. Thank you much!

I used http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1035

And I followed the stock instructions. However it does seem to be missing a 'exit' file.

Looking through all the live support contribs, it could be nice if there where more specific differences in the version name. I counted at least 5 different Live Support contributions, some built/building off of each other. I think this could have been your problem. I know it was mine once with another contrib.

Thomas Keats

Edited by Johnson

-- anonymous

I need a tester for Live Support. I think that there is still a problem with this but let's test anyway to be sure!

http://yourbasketstore.com

Thanks.

Thomas

tkeats

And I followed the stock instructions. However it does seem to be missing a 'exit' file.

Looking through all the live support contribs, it could be nice if there where more specific differences in the version name. I counted at least 5 different Live Support contributions, some built/building off of each other. I think this could have been your problem. I know it was mine once with another contrib.

Thomas Keats

Rainbow Computers

I need a tester for Live Support. I think that there is still a problem with this but let's test anyway to be sure!

http://yourbasketstore.com

Thanks.

Thomas

tkeats

Thomas Keats

I am sitting here with the window open for support.

Its 23:15 EST

Thomas Keats

Edited by Johnson

-- anonymous

I installed the scripts and it seems to be working fine. However, I did install most of the changes from page one (1).

This product is still a bit buggy and needs a fix for the refreshing of the chat screen.

The change below from page one is a really important change along with the two (2) new files that must be added!

My Live Support is up and running! http://yourbasketstore.com

Thomas

Begin Change to admin/ls_support.php

a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="NewWindow('ls_reset.php','tech','220','200','no');return false"><b style="font-size:14pt;">Reset Live Support</b></a>

End Change

I also had no reply just now!

I rally want to test this again as soon as I have time, there is nothing else to do I hope!

Okay Thomas, i think there's a typo mistake in your code.

It should be more like this:

admin/live_support.php, Find line 64 or 65:

<a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="NewWindow('ls_reset.php','tech','220','200','no');return false"><b style="font-size:14pt;">Reset Live Support</b></a>

<br> Fixes open window error!!

with

<a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="NewWindow('ls_reset.php','tech','220','200','no');return false"><b style="font-size:14pt;">Reset Live Support</b></a>

Now that we have Live Support running, I notice that the screens refresh at 5 seconds. In most chats the only time the screen visibly refresh is when new content is introducted. Is there a fix for this. Can we use a program like Blue Chat to substitue for this chat?

Enquiring minds would like to know!

Thanks,

Thomas

The problem with making the refresh rate longer means that anything typed into the chat window and submitted won't be updated to the other side until the refresh occurs.

Thats one of the cumbersome things I found with this mod.

The better solution would be to refresh only when something is submitted to the chat window, rather than at a particular time interval.

I will look into how to do this and let everyone know what I have found.

Have a great day!

-R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm getting this error at the bottom of my pages. it says

Error!

Unable to detemine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

how do i solve this.

Also in admin area. when i click on Tools then click on LIV CHAT. it says can't be open only One can open at a time. And I didn't got any open. Why is that? How do i close the other one. is this a BUG Please help me thanks..

Ok, i got everything to work, but one thing is not working is the admin area.. when a user click on live support. and the admin area see the user. when i admin click on the user, it doesn't go anywhere it just stay there, Anyone know what is going on there? please let me know if you know what is wrong.

thanks

I have been pulling my hair for days :(

can someone who has this contribution working give a direct download location and also let us know if they had to implement the changes mentioned at the beginning of this thread or any other changes? It would be nice if someone who has this mod working could upload a working version of this contrib with all the fixes to the contribution section or somewhere for ppl to download. Thanks.

I just installed livesupport1.3 with the fixes here. works great and i am surprised that the fixes here wasnt released to the contributions. I made some changes to the refresh rates on both the tech and user and also the waiting for calls module.

Now i need someone to test with ...please someone come to my site and click for live support at the bottom left of the page.

http://inbox.webhop.net

thank u

I'm having trouble with the admin side of Version 1.3 when I try to answer a call I get an error message saying

"cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() previously declared in /admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

anybody got any ideas?

Did you go the the beginning of the thread and install the changes?

Thomas

I'm having trouble with the admin side of Version 1.3 when I try to answer a call I get an error message saying

"cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() previously declared in /admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

anybody got any ideas?

Yes, that was the first thing I did when I noticed the problem.

It looks to me as if one of the files is calling tep_db_connect()

But I'm stuffed if I can find it! It happens when you click on the users name in the new call display or if you click on "REMOVE"

Yes, that was the first thing I did when I noticed the problem.

It looks to me as if one of the files is calling tep_db_connect()

But I'm stuffed if I can find it! It happens when you click on the users name in the new call display or if you click on "REMOVE"