• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting Up PayPal Payments Pro - Step 1?

Barbie97

Hi everybody!

I have worked with osCommerce before, but have always used it as a catalog instead of an actual shopping cart. So I finally get to use it as it was designed and cannot figure out the first thing I need to do. I have been looking all over the forums and can't figure out what to do.

My client has set up PayPal Payments Pro.

[*]I don't know what the API information is... is this something that payPal sends to us or do we enter what we want it to be?

[*]What's the difference between sandbox and live version? Should I do sandbox until I'm ready to go live to make sure ever

ything works ok?

[*]What is the payment zone? Is this where the shop owner's business is located?

[*]What is set order status?

[*]Do I enable PayPal Direct?

So as you can see.. I'm totally clueless and really need some assistance pretty please! :) Thanks so much in advance!!

Barb

• 1 month later...

Nobody can help?? :(

I am not sure why know one has helped you with this but here is the location of that API information.

1 Log into the customers account. Click the "My account" Tab.

2. Click the word "Profile" in that menu.

3. Under the "Account information" group. Click "Request API credentials" ( One note. If the customer has "Website Payments Pro" it will be listed under the "Services" Box at the top of the screen. The Status should be "Live".

4.Under "Option 1 - PayPal API" Choose #2. "Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions"

Under this area titled "API Access" if you have not already created an API Access Permissions the Choose "Add or edit API permissions" under Option 1. I would first Choose option two (2) to "View API Signature" just to check and save time. I think that it takes 1 to 2 days to get the API. It has been awhile since I last did that part. So when you "View or Remove API Signature"

You should see this.

Credential API Signature

API Username email_name.text.domain.com

API Password ################

Signature ######################################

Request Date Jun 1, 2010 11:01:18 PDT

What's the difference between sandbox and live version? The "Sandbox" is the area that you play around in until you go live. If your not doing anything "Out of the box" so to speak with the store the live account should do just fine. I just deactivated all of the payment modules until I was ready to go live. I filled out all of the PayPal info but made it not available to the public.

What is the payment zone?

The payment zone is used for all sorts of cool features. You can assign payment zones to add special fees to ship wine to areas that require some special tax for example. PayPal can be only available for one zone and not another. COD for local areas. You can get pretty creative with the zones.

What is set order status?

I believe that you might be referring to "Pending" "processing", "Delivered", and "Preparing PayPal standard" in the PayPal module. I would keep this at "Preparing PayPal standard" to identify what payment method was used or default. I would then adjust the orders from "Customer"-"orders" area. For both cases, this is just the area that you track what stage the order is in. I you are delivering wine. You may need the default status to "pending" for example if you need time to get the mail, and deposit the check for that local COD order. When that's done you can change the "Status" to Processing and place a comment that you can optionally "Notify the customer". Once the wine is delivered and you get the UPS email saying that it was delivered. You can then change the "order status" to "Delivered".

Do I enable PayPal Direct?

I am not sure about this one.

I hope that I was able to help.