• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with "Category Tabs with Subs"

I ahve installed this and it worked fine with the "default" catagories

when I deleted all the Default Catagories and Sub-cat's and added my cat's and sub-cat's the Top level Tabs worked perfectly, but now the subcatagories dont show up

anyone else use this mod, and have this problem

i searchjed for "tabs" and all I found were people using the orginal one without subcatagory support,

Any Help appercaited

Michael

I am trying to get this to show subcatagories too but have no luck.

see what has mee stumped is the fact that is did show the subcatorites when i had all the orginal Defualt OSc catagoires still one there (I am totally redoing my site using MS1 now) but as soon as I deleted all the the orginal catagories and started adding my subcargoires they dissappeard

there must me something wrong with the SQL query, but damned if I can find it

Michael

I'm having the same problems. Seems if you add a new sub cat to one of the defaults main cats, it does show up. Just not when you add a sub to a new cat.

I contacted the author of the contrib and he said he'd look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

i've found a way to show all subcategories.

The parents categories have to be entered first in the database from id=0 to id= ... and then writing subcategories. but if you enter 1 cat and then all its subcategories it doesn't work. I've tested it. There is one problem to these method, you can't add a newer parent categorie after all the categories are written.

It's boring but it works. I had to move 1000 products one by one in order to have them in the right place.

And now i would like to hide categories from a level higher than 3 (parent<subcat<subcat) because all the layout with background is shifted

anybody has an idea???

PL DTM

-----------------------------------------

Sur un malentendu, ... ?a pourrait marcher

I was able to finally get this mod to work, albeit not as expected.

Is there a limitation to the number of categories for this to work well?

I have numerous categories - enough perhaps to fill several rows, but only one row shows up, and the header is pushed off the page and the page is extended way out to the right.

I suppose one workaround may be to alter the stylesheet to use a smaller font, but I have the feeling that if my hunch is correct about the single row thing, then the only way it could work is by making the font unreadable if at all. I really like the idea of this mod and hope that maybe I'm just doing something stupid, but I have followed the directions very

carefully.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi

Did anybody manage to solve the language syncronization problem?

When I switch to English (from german) all looks fine other than the categories part, for which the links keep pointing to German version (the categories' names themselves are corectely translated) . It happens when both Tabs and Box are selected ... and is valid for both categories in Box and Tabs

Any ideas?