• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to complete order process?

I have installed Paypal Website Payments Standard, and it works great. This only issue i am having (as are many others) is that if the customer does not complete the PayPal process by clicking to return to my site, the order is not complete - it shows as 'preparing'. I still get the email from PayPal verifying payment, which means i know i have the order, even though i dont get the automatically generated website order emailed to me. I can then go into my Admin>Customers>Orders and see the complete order there - so i know what has been ordered.

I also have "Recover Cart Sales" addon installed, which again is great! So, with these incomplete PayPal orders, whilst showing in my 'orders' page, they are still showing in my Recover Cart Sales (incomplete orders) list. Normally with the incomplete orders (in Recover Cart Sales) there is an option to delete the order (or email the customer). However, with these incomplete PayPal process orders, the delete button is not there.

So, i have 2 issues:

1 - how do i delete the order from the Recover Cart Sales list?

2 - is there a way to get into paypal to complete the order for the customer?

Yes, that was quite long winded, but i hope i make sense!

Cheers,

Richard

2 - is there a way to get into paypal to complete the order for the customer?

Hi,

There is never going to be a way to 'get into paypal' - thats like getting into someones bank, but maybe someone (not me!), knows a way that, for example, the administrator can log on as the customer (i.e using a master password, afterall you can easily find there email address, hence login details).

When they fail to return to the site the items are still left in the basket, so if we could simply go in and finish the job and choose say 'cheque' as payment then it would still be logged against the customers account without needing further payment. You could then simply update the comments field and status to show they had paid via paypal.

Previously i had a 'prepaid order' option, and emailed a customer and asked them to 're-check-out' choosing this option (which was just like the cheque option and didn't need an instant payment)- the downside being that many other people (who had paid nothing) also chose this option!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

There is a contribution for a master password - whoa!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2180

thank goodness for clever people who are happy to share!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.