• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IP Containment and Management

s_pauley

Hello,

I'm new to osc and I am going to add IP Containment and Management System V1 to my shop so I can see visitors IP addresses. I'm not having a problem with installing it yet, I just have a question: in the instal.txt it said that in catalog/includes/functions/general.php it already grabs visitors IP addresses. My question is where would I go to see my visitors IP addresses. My server only keeps a 30 day record of visitors and two months ago I had someone sign up with information using a name of someone that died over a year ago but with a wrong address, state, zip and phone information. I would like to see if I can track this user with his IP address.

Thanks in advance,

Sherry

The author means that the code is already there and he just is using it in his contribution.

If you have no application already installed that utilizes the IP "grabbing" feature and stores the info somewhere, the info from anyone that visted the site in the past is lost (unless your host will restore past logs for you).

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I installed IP Containment and Management System V1 without a problem and found out it wasn't what I need to track all visitors IP's. So I searched and found this: Visitors Web Stats Lite

One of the key features is:

Captures a variety of useful web stats such as the visitors IP address, browser language, site language used, language country, number of visits, date of last visit, uri and referrer.

So now I have a new question; since I installed IP Containment and Management System V1 can I use the Visitors Web Stats Lite default OSC installation? It said it was for installation on OSC with no prior versions of Visitor Web Stats installed. If not, can someone help me out with what version I should use? I uploaded the install page is here:

http://www.artifactsguide.com/catalog/install.html

In case you need to know i'm running on OSC V2.2 RC2

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Sherry