• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I embed video with FCK Editor?

Hi

I'm trying to embed video on my site using FCK Editor but not sure how. I created and produced a video using camtasia. When in FCK editor, do I click the "Insert/Edit Flash"? When I choose this option, there is nothing to choose from.

When I produced the video, camtasia created a folder with about 7 different files in it. Which files do I need to upload to my server? Do I need to create a new folder (say catalog/videos) and upload them there? This is my first time trying this and I really dont know what to do next.

Eventually, I want to have video tutorials on my site and only people who sign up will be able to click on the video icon to view the videos. Thanks

Sorry, I may have used the wrong word "embed". I want customers to be able to click on a "play video" icon and the video open up in a new window. I'm not sure if I go about it by clicking the "Insert/Edit Flash" or "insert/edit Link".

When I choose Insert/Edit Flash, a flash properties window appears and I click browse server but there's nothing listed for "resourse type": flash

When I choose "insert/edit Link", I click browse server and I get a drop down menu under "resourse type". I can choose from:

2. File
  3. Image
  4. Flash
  5. Media

Flash, file and media options have nothing to choose from. Image lists all my images on the server (obviously I dont want that).

I tried creating a new directory: catalog/media and uploaded the folder (and all of the files) that camtasia created for me but I cant get further than this.

Cheers.