• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Try to create breadcrumb in osWrapper

mugitty

I've been trying to solve how to get the breadcrumb to show in the osWrapper contribution. The original contribution made no provision for showing the breadcrumb path, so all files called with it just showed

Home >> Catalog

I have succeeded in getting the file name to show:

Home >> Catalog >> local.php

with this for the breadcrumb code in wrapper.php

$breadcrumb->add ('' .$file. '', 'NONSSL');

But the active link on "local.php" is

which is obviously not correct... it should be

and I would even be satisfied if the link wasn't active and just showed the filename (ideally without the filename extension)

Anyone have any pointers?

Thx

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Hmm I think you are both being a little redundant in the coding of that breadcrumb. This is unnecessary:

$breadcrumb->add (NAV_TEXT_WHAEVER,'' .$file. '', 'NONSSL');

This will work as well, note the lack of '' things around $file. It doesn't need them.

$breadcrumb->add (NAV_TEXT_WHATEVER, $file, 'NONSSL');

But I reckon that this will be pretty cool ... It will get rid of the file extension, and convert all other dots to spaces.

$breadcrumb->add(implode(' ', explode('.', $file)), tep_href_link(FILENAME_OSWRAPPER, 'file='.$file));

Now that's what I call a one-liner. All I have to make it do is make it drop the PHP extension, for which I reckon I would need at least a two-liner. I'll try and think of a way to do it.