Sign in to follow this  
etzeppy

Which Authorize.net module should I use?

I am currently processing cards manually with the Authorize.net virtual terminal. I am mostly an off-line business but lately my web sales have ramped up to point where manual processing is taking way too much time. I assume my best bet is start using one of the Authorize.net AIM modules. There seems to be two major candidates and I am reading here that many shops are having issues with both.

Should I start with the Certified version or "Authorize Net AIM module (GPL)"? Ideally I would like to review transactions before capturing. If I set the payment module for authorize only, will I have to manually retype all of the order information before capture or can I just tweak anything that needs to be changed and capture?

Thank

I am currently processing cards manually with the Authorize.net virtual terminal. I am mostly an off-line business but lately my web sales have ramped up to point where manual processing is taking way too much time. I assume my best bet is start using one of the Authorize.net AIM modules. There seems to be two major candidates and I am reading here that many shops are having issues with both.

Should I start with the Certified version or "Authorize Net AIM module (GPL)"? Ideally I would like to review transactions before capturing. If I set the payment module for authorize only, will I have to manually retype all of the order information before capture or can I just tweak anything that needs to be changed and capture?

Thank

Vger's add-on was the only one that I could get to work. If you do authorize only, you need to log in to authorize.net and capture (it's a simple click of a couple buttons).

Thank you for the input.

I am in the US but I also accept orders from international buyers. To get those transactions to go through in Virtual Terminal, I have to turn off some of the AVS checks that I would normally use for US customers. How does AIM deal with stuff like that? I don't want to lose international sales but I don't want to turn off AVS completely either.