• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Verify ownership

honunet

After my site was haked, google blocked my page. I was told I need to insert a line of code on the header to Verify ownership. What file do I insert this code and where?

Hi,

I have put the code in index.php near the top as follows:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="my_google_code_xxx_yyy_zzz" />

<?php

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

you can download this file from google and upload to your root directory of the domain name.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

After my site was haked, google blocked my page. I was told I need to insert a line of code on the header to Verify ownership. What file do I insert this code and where?

To add and verify a site:

1 - Sign into Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.

2 - Click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL, such as http://www.example.com/

3 - Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.

4 - (Optional) In the Name box, type a name for your site (for example, My Blog).

5 - Select the verification method you want, and follow the instructions.

Archived