• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please, extremely urgent (Forms)

starfox221

What I have is basically that on a few of my products, I have what is essentially an e-mail form generated from Email Me Form.com pasted into the html code of the description box. The code is below.

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/wsT6396172J"><table style="" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><tr><td style="" colspan="2"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b style="font-size:18px;">Freight On Buyer (F.O.B) Quote Request</b><br /><br /></font></td></tr><tr valign="top"><td style="" align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b>Name</b></font><span style="color:red;"><small>*</small></span></td><td style=""><input id="element_0" name="element_0" value="" size="30" type="text" /><div style="color:#000000"><small></small></div></td></tr><tr valign="top"><td style="" align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b>Phone Number</b></font><span style="color:red;"><small>*</small></span></td><td style=""><input id="element_1" name="element_1" value="" size="30" type="text" /><div style="color:#000000"><small></small></div></td></tr><tr valign="top"><td style="" align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b>Your Address </b></font><span style="color:red;"><small>*</small></span></td><td style=""><input id="element_2" name="element_2" value="" size="30" type="text" /><div style="color:#000000"><small></small></div></td></tr><tr valign="top"><td style="" align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b>E-mail Address</b></font><span style="color:red;"><small></small></span></td><td style=""><input id="element_3" name="element_3" value="" size="30" type="text" /><div style="color:#000000"><small></small></div></td></tr><tr valign="top"><td style="" align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"><b>Location</b></font><span style="color:red;"><small>*</small></span></td><td style=""><input id="element_4" name="element_4" value="YourCityHere, TX" size="30" type="text" /><div style="color:#000000"><small>Currently we are offering shipping to the 48 contiguous states only. </small></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left"><input name="element_counts" value="5" type="hidden" /><input value="Send email" type="submit" /></td></tr></table></form>

The form generates just fine, but when I attempt to test out the form, clicking "Send" basically directs the user to shopping_cart.php and adds the product to the user's shopping cart.

Obviously I don't want that. I assume that it's confusing the Checkout button with the Send button, but I'm at a loss on how to fix it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, this is very urgent.

Check the HTML source for the page.

The form tags are probably screwed up.

They need to be:

<form> ... (more code) </form>

... (more code)

I'm betting you'll find two <form> tags without an intervening </form> tag.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Check the HTML source for the page.

The form tags are probably screwed up.

They need to be:

... (more code)

I'm betting you'll find two <form> tags without an intervening </form> tag.

I appreciate that, but when I dug through the code, couldn't find any intervening form tags, so I just opted for the quick shortcut route of placing an iframe into the product description page. That allowed the form code to be executed separately from the product_info.php page. While it's not a solution I'm ultimately happy with (What if a customer's browser not support iframes properly?) it's something that I really can't find another solution for at this time. Thanks for your help, though.

I appreciate that, but when I dug through the code, couldn't find any intervening form tags...

Thus the problem.

I can't help you fix what I can't see.

>_<

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived