• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Show Total with shipping costs without registering

I spent a good 3 hours browsing the addons and forums but no luck.

I need to show customers the shipping costs ( and I use XML UPS ) and the total without them having to register / create an account.

I was reading about Purchase Without Account but I can't find a demo to show me if it calculates the shipping costs before checking out.

Help ?!

I spent a good 3 hours browsing the addons and forums but no luck.

I need to show customers the shipping costs ( and I use XML UPS ) and the total without them having to register / create an account.

I was reading about Purchase Without Account but I can't find a demo to show me if it calculates the shipping costs before checking out.

Help ?!

And how do you suggest UPS can calculate a shipping cost without having a destination? Magic?

I remember a contribution called Ship in Cart in which a customer could enter a zip code to see shipping costs but I don't know if it works well with UPS XML. I believe there were issues.

I said without account, not without entering a zip code. Do you need some chocolate today? :)

I'm open to suggestions. I get lots of customers who want to know the shipping cost but do not want to register.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I know this is old but...... I really need to have a post code input box on the product info page where customers can get an instant shipping quote. I have tried Ship in cart but it is sooo buggy. Anyone else found a decent contribution for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Hilly

• 3 months later...

I know this is old but...... I really need to have a post code input box on the product info page where customers can get an instant shipping quote. I have tried Ship in cart but it is sooo buggy. Anyone else found a decent contribution for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Hilly

I agree, it would be really nice and a timesaver if people could see the shipping cost without having to register or call.

A drop down box below the cart to select shipping country/zone would be an idea for getting the destination info.

I don't believe in magic ;)