• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my site

Hi all

Please review my site toyplanet.com.cy .

Please provide your feedback and your suggestions.

Thanks and regards

Demetris

Hi Demetris,

A couple of things:

1) If you only accept one currency, remove the drop down menu for Euro

2) If the site is only in one language, remove the language drop down menu.

3) I am glad to see you installed some security measures, but while I was checking to see if you had, my IP was blocked so that is the end of my evaluation. But, looks good. Nice theme

Chris

I see 5 broken images in the right column. The first one is http://www.toyplanet.com.cy/images/?osCsid=80pti5jej8rqnq82mite51pqp1side_banners/image1.jpg. Apparently the osCsid is breaking your URL rewriter. You need to get rid of the rewriter or fix it.

Multiple levels of heading graphics take up most of my screen, pushing all of the product information to the bottom quarter or past the fold. People with lower resolution monitors will see less information or none at all. You need to reduce the height of your headers. Remember that monitors are wider than they are tall, so use that horizontal space to your advantage.

I always wonder when I see a prominent ad for another website on a supposed web store: Is this really a business? If it is, why are you sending your customers off-site? Do those other sites sell your toys for you?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Demetris,

A couple of things:

1) If you only accept one currency, remove the drop down menu for Euro

2) If the site is only in one language, remove the language drop down menu.

3) I am glad to see you installed some security measures, but while I was checking to see if you had, my IP was blocked so that is the end of my evaluation. But, looks good. Nice theme

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your time and for your usefull advices , i will remove the drop down for for currency cause is got no meaning , you are correct .

The language drop down i will maybe keep it cause planning to add Greek language or possibly disable it till all ready.

Please give me your ip so i can remove it .

Many thanks and best regards

Demetris

I see 5 broken images in the right column. The first one is http://www.toyplanet.com.cy/images/?osCsid=80pti5jej8rqnq82mite51pqp1side_banners/image1.jpg. Apparently the osCsid is breaking your URL rewriter. You need to get rid of the rewriter or fix it.

Multiple levels of heading graphics take up most of my screen, pushing all of the product information to the bottom quarter or past the fold. People with lower resolution monitors will see less information or none at all. You need to reduce the height of your headers. Remember that monitors are wider than they are tall, so use that horizontal space to your advantage.

I always wonder when I see a prominent ad for another website on a supposed web store: Is this really a business? If it is, why are you sending your customers off-site? Do those other sites sell your toys for you?

Regards

Jim

Dear Jim

Thanks for your kind comments ,you are correct i need to correct , to be honest i couldnt find out what the problem was , thanks for your contribution to solving this out.

Also i will change the header , based on your remarks.

I can understand what you mean with your last comment , the website is a web store , the banners i have are maybe not in the correct position , maybe should have them closer to footer rather than on right column , the one site that have banner of is rapex where someone can find info about products that are not safe for children - just to make the point of the quality of our products - and the other site is parenting forum - exchanging links for potential customers. Shall i move them to the footer or bottom of one of the columns ? i would appreciate your opinion

Thanks for your time and for your feedback , is really helpfull

Regards

Demetris

The rotating banners appear to be ads for other sites. I didn't check to see what they were, since appearances are what counts here. It appears that they are ads, which casts doubt on your business.

You generally want to avoid prominent links to other sites. Even if they don't look like ads, they lead your visitors off site, and they may never come back. It's better to develop your own information resources on your site. If you want to have links that lead off site, make them less prominent, and make them open in a separate window/tab. Text links would probably be best.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The rotating banners appear to be ads for other sites. I didn't check to see what they were, since appearances are what counts here. It appears that they are ads, which casts doubt on your business.

You generally want to avoid prominent links to other sites. Even if they don't look like ads, they lead your visitors off site, and they may never come back. It's better to develop your own information resources on your site. If you want to have links that lead off site, make them less prominent, and make them open in a separate window/tab. Text links would probably be best.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim , i will follow your advice and text links rather than banners . Really appreciate your feedback .

Thanks and regards

Demetris

Archived