• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FWR Security

Hi

I followed all the steps provided in the installation guide for Security Pro but when Ilogged into my admin panel I couldn't find the FWR Security Pro option anywhere, therefore I couldn't turn it on. I thought I had installed correctly.

I must have missed something, any ideas.

Many thanks

Grandpa

"FWR Security Pro" is the last entry in the "Configuration" section in the left column. If you can't find it there, then there was a problem with the database update that ran as part of the Security Pro install.

Did you remember to browse to SecurityPro_installer.php -- that's where the database is updated.

Check out Chad's News.

"FWR Security Pro" is the last entry in the "Configuration" section in the left column. If you can't find it there, then there was a problem with the database update that ran as part of the Security Pro install.

Did you remember to browse to SecurityPro_installer.php -- that's where the database is updated.

Hi

I went into Catalogue then found the installer, really didn't know what I was supposed to do. So thats probably the problem. When you say " browse to Security_installer_php, where exactly do I go and what should I do.(Probably a basic thing I should know) .

Many thanks

Grandpa

Hi

I went into Catalogue then found the installer, really didn't know what I was supposed to do. So thats probably the problem. When you say " browse to Security_installer_php, where exactly do I go and what should I do.(Probably a basic thing I should know) .

Many thanks

Grandpa

Browse to it like browsing to your web site ..

www.mysite.com/catalogue/whatever_the_file_is_called.php

• 3 weeks later...

Browse to it like browsing to your web site ..

www.mysite.com/catalogue/whatever_the_file_is_called.php

Hi

I am so thick does, Browse to it like browsing to your web site .. mean, www.mysite.com/store/admin/SecurityPro_installer.php (Ive tried this and end up at the ligin page for the admin area)

At the moment Ive installed oscommerce in a sub directory. ( not root directory)

Sorry Imso thick

Grandpa

I am so thick does, Browse to it like browsing to your web site .. mean, www.mysite.com/store/admin/SecurityPro_installer.php (Ive tried this and end up at the ligin page for the admin area)

You've almost got it right, just remove the "admin" part, since the SecurityPro_installer.php file is in the store's main directory. Enter the following in your browser's address bar:

www.mysite.com/store/SecurityPro_installer.php

Check out Chad's News.

You've almost got it right, just remove the "admin" part, since the SecurityPro_installer.php file is in the store's main directory. Enter the following in your browser's address bar:

www.mysite.com/store/SecurityPro_installer.php

Hi

Many, many thanks did it.

Grandpa

Hi

Many, many thanks did it.

Grandpa

Hi

I checked my site and got

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/site name/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Have I installed something in the wrong place.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi

I checked my site and got

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/site name/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Have I installed something in the wrong place.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi

All sorted now no problems

Thanks

Grandpa

Archived