• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file:

POOL72

Hi,

I had osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC 2a installed fine with no error message. l then installed STS v4.6 now l get error messages ...

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/sites/rumfashion.com/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

l have tried setting permissions 444 on includes/configure.php l still get that message

Any idea?

Try permissions in this order until the warning goes away:

And DON'T use FTP as it fails for most people. Login and use your web host's cPanel.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi,

I had osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC 2a installed fine with no error message. l then installed STS v4.6 now l get error messages ...

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/sites/rumfashion.com/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

l have tried setting permissions 444 on includes/configure.php l still get that message

Any idea?

Has nothing to do with STS as STS does not modify any of the configure.php files.

As was mentioned above, you need to set the correct permissions on both configure.php files according to what is read only per your host.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 3 months later...

Try permissions in this order until the warning goes away:

And DON'T use FTP as it fails for most people. Login and use your web host's cPanel.

Thanks for this info. I am getting the same message and am having trouble figuring ot how to set my permissions. Do you edit that config.php file and then upload it or do you do something else altogether?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn,

The configure.php files should be set to 444 if your hosting provider will allow it. You CAN use an FTP to change it most of the time, but if that fails then you should do it through your cpanel file manager.

Chris

• 2 years later...

i got the message after install oscommerce merchant "I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/sites/rumfashion.com/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

some one suggested in forum to put 644, 444, 400 but i like to know in "configure.php" edit area in cpanel which lines (top, center or below) and how to put up the above any one number? is need to write any code before put up the above number? please advice me anyone.

• 2 years later...

1. Step 1: Login to your cPanel.

Step 2: Under the File section, click the File Manager. If the File Manager Directory Selection window comes up, click Web Root, and click the Go Button.

Step 3: Navigate to the configure.php file specified in the error. In my tests it is: /home/userna99/public_html/includes/configure.php

Step 4: Right-click the configure.php file, and click Change Permissions.

Step 5: In the change permissions window, change them to 4-4-4, then click the Change Permissions button. 

Step 6: Now login to the osCommerce Admin section, and you will see the "Security risk" message is gone, and has been replaced by "This is a properly configured installation of osCommerce Online Merchant!"

post-339336-0-70554100-1463822238_thumb.png

post-339336-0-93698100-1463822303_thumb.png