• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding blocks...

Any one know of an EASY way of adding blocks? As opposed to the very very very difficult for my slow mind, guide at oscdox? I have managed to ruin my store three times in an hour, please tell me there is a contribution or an easy way?

:oops:

Okay...I have it all installed (I think) And in my admin area, i clicked on 'infopages'. then infomanager, and got this error:

Infopages ERROR: Table 'joe_shop.infopages' doesn't exist

I'm going to take a wild guess and say I didnt add the .sql to my database the right way. But added it the only way I know how. via cpanel :(

Any suggestions on what to do with that?

Okay figured out what i did wrong, i swear i can do the difficulut things but not the easy ones ...weird.

However, I don't understand what this does, i did the form, and thought i added an info box, but apparently i didnt. What exactly does this allow me to create?

Look at TibetCollection.com. On the homepage, in the left column, there is a box called Learn More About. Each of those pages is called from the same file, which populates from the new information database. I have complete control over them in admin, with the ability to turn them off or on, control sort order, change all text, and of course make new pages...

Okay, that I understand, however, how do you get them to appear in the box on the left handside? And what would be the link to link them to?

• 1 month later...

gdfwilliams

Very talented designer I must say. TibetCollection.com is beautiful. IF you don't mind me asking, how did you add the Quick search dropdown feature and search to both of you sites? Very nifty idea.

FYI:

TibetCollection.com is very eye pleasing and easy to navigate - great job!

• 10 months later...