• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove E.D.D. from UPS XML

kdogg

Someone told me to check the official thread but I got no help from doing that. I need to know how to remove the E.D.D. from shopping cart when using the USP XML.

If a package shows up a day later then what the EDD says, people all the sudden expect a refund on shipping, free stuff, etc.

They don't seem to understand what the meaning of the word "estimate" is.

Edited by kdogg

Someone told me to check the official thread but I got no help from doing that. I need to know how to remove the E.D.D. from shopping cart when using the USP XML.

If a package shows up a day later then what the EDD says, people all the sudden expect a refund on shipping, free stuff, etc.

Have you set the 'Disply Time in Transit' to NOT?

Time in Transit View Type

If and how the module should display the time in transit to the customer.

Then there is also the 'Shipping Delay' to get a more accurate time in transit.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Yeah, most people are pretty stupid and/or venal. Can you possibly add some arbitrary number of days to the EDD (perhaps roughly proportional to the distance, based on ZIP code) so that your package will always arrive much earlier than promised? That seems to be a common practice (i.e., give an absolute worst case estimate that will almost never happen, barring civil war, plagues of frogs and locusts, collapse of society, or the Apocalypse).