• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GV Credit Class 4.2 Problems

Howdy All

I am having one of those weeks (x2).

I have struggled and fought and stressed trying to get the new 4.2 GV mod to work with the new MS! 2.2 OSC.

I started with a fresh install of MS1 2.2 and then I added the new 4.2 GV mod.

The problem comes when you try to use a gift voucher. It shows up in the left column telling me that I have $20.00 in my account, but I can't figure out how to use it.

On a pre-new-checkout snapshot that I have, you are given the option to use your GV at checkout. With this new one, I can find no way to use it during checkout.

All this has become extremely frustrating. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Best Regards, Ted

The problem comes when you try to use a gift voucher. It shows up in the left column telling me that I have $20.00 in my account, but I can't figure out how to use it.

Ted,

I know this is going to sound like a silly question....Is the GV showing in it's own box on the left side? Are you absolutely sure you grabbed the right version? According to Ian's post earlier today the GV should show in the shopping cart box....It is on the right.........

I can't believe that I wrote left-column. It IS on the right column under the checkout box.

Yes, I would love to use the Loaded version, but what I eventually want to do is add it to an active store. I swear things are so screwed up for me right now. First I built a store from a 1/24/03 snapshot. I tried to add GV 4.1 to it, but ran into problems. Finally, I got the v.4.2 GV update directly from Ian, but it's made for MS1 2.2, which has major differences from the January snapshot, so I try to do a test by uprgrading the 1/24/03 snapshot to MS1 2.2 and then adding the GV 4.2. When that didn't work, I decided to do a fresh install of MS1 2.2 as a test and add GV 4.2 to that. Surely, that would work. But it didn't.

In the meantime, I thought about using the Loaded 5, but the installation documentation is not quite there yet, I had no idea what the fusion1.sql and fusion2.sql are. I could find no mention anywhere how to go about getting that done, but I may go down that road.

So here I am, two weeks behind only because I can't get the GV to work...the irony being that it has worked perfectly on another site of mine for over 6 months without a single hiccup...rock solid.

You know how it goes. What you thought would take a couple hours turns out to be days and days.

Best Regards, Ted

PS. Did I ask a question?

:tellme:

Ted,

If you have funds in your Gift Voucher Account, then the option to use this should be on checkout payment.

Are you sure you have updated checkout payment.php

If this is a clean MS1 install you should be able to just drop the replacement files in.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Howdy Ian

Perhaps I need to download a fresh 4.2

Here's a sample of my error_log. I cannot find a gift_voucher.php to add to boxes.

[Sat Mar  1 09:12:53 2003] [error] PHP Warning:  Failed opening 'includes/boxes/gift_voucher.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/vhosts/imaginapolis.com/htdocs/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 45/

Line 45 and surroundings of the column_right.php taken directly from the unzipped mod looks like:

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'gift_voucher.php'); // ICW ADDED FOR ORDER_TOTAL CREDIT SYSTEM

}

?>

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Ted