• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

@@MailBeez Hi Cord - does this update address the issues I reported to you using mailbeez on 2.3.4?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 4 months later...

Hi Cord, @@MailBeez

I have been using your module for a couple of years now to excellent sucess - anyone reading this that doesnt use MB really should.

I have run into a problem which I cant work out. Our Host moved us over to a new server along with a new static IP. Now my two MB modules (Winback Simple and Review Simple) wont work properly. 

When calling the Cron Job in a browser I get the following error;

Warning: require_once(/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/public_html/mailhive/common/main/inc_mailhive.php on line 57

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php') in /home/XXX/public_html/mailhive/common/main/inc_mailhive.php on line 57

When I preview the email templates the same error jumps up in the BeeBox popup.

I was running MB 2.9.5 on a 2.2RC2 Store - I have upgraded to the latest 2.9.8-7 version and now when I call the cron or email preview I simply get a blank page. The issue occurs when I Try to view recepients, send a test email or run either module. My Host is asking  "What about if you change the code so that the full path is set to the files that are being referenced?" which Isnt really helpful - The file exists!

Kinda Stuck so any input is appreciated. :(

Switched to

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/XXX/public_html/'); 

so far, so good :) @@MailBeez Cord you are a legend! Absolutely splendid - spent a day on this!

Seems a bit odd having to do that, I did try;

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/'); 

Which seems like the logical path - clearly not :mellow:

Edited by DamanC

Cord @@MailBeez,

Last question :) - where does MB store the information on the past customers/email address/orders it has emailed - both my review and winback modules now want to email past customers that have already been emailed - Its not too much of a problem currently as I have set an upper and lower day range, but if an order status is changed for some reason and then set back to the final "closed/shipped" order status, it will go and email them again.

hi Daman,

all modules track their sendings for the unique event (combination of order id and status). so unless you have delete the tracking data in mailbeez_tracking they should not try to contact past customers that have already been emailed.

however when you are in simulation mode you are in your "own" tracking-world, which you can re-start at any time. make sure not to get confused here.

• 3 weeks later...

Cord @MailBeez,

Many thanks, excuse the delay, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going bonkers and what I was stating above was happening.

After closing a "RMA", from an order say 2 years ago, we change the order status back to shipped - 6 days later (the time set to ask a customer to write us an email) MB will then email them requesting a review on the purchased product. Its not ideal as not everyone will be happy if their RMA costs money etc and maybe inclined to leave a negative review. The customer would have been previously sent an email 2 years ago asking for a review so technically they have already had a review email. 

Sure enough over the last week, MB has been emailing old orders where a status has changed to "shipped" 6 days earlier.

I have had a look at the mailbeez_tracking table and have found the following: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/DamanC/tracking.jpg (click the magnifying glass to enlarge)

It looks like as of just under a year ago there are no entries in the channel or message_id column meaning if any orders older than this date change to a shipped status at any point - 6 days later they will get an email asking them to leave a review. 

Is there an easy way to set a date range in the module itself (maybe future development) or for me to simply stop this - I'm sure I could probably edit every entry manually and replicate a "DEFAULT" for the channel a copy one of the already used message_id entries but with 5K odd orders and several years it will take some time - is there a quick way? Could I simply delete the entries for the review module or will that simply replicate them again? Essentially I want to tell the DB that these customer have already been emailed and not to email them again........

I would appreciate your input :)

• 1 month later...

a small step further... am happy to announce:

MailBeez V2.9.9-3 released

[23.03.2015: VERSION 2.9.9-3]

Enhancements:

- allover performance improvements
- improved caching for apps.mailbeez.com API
- improved commerce-seo compatiblity
- improved Gambio Integration
- improved customer insight V2.71
- shopvoting V3.57
- framework enhancements

Bugfixes

- removed PHP5.4 warning
- fixed bug when testing PHPMailer SMTP

those having the latest Version installed will see an update notification in their MailBeez admin and can easily update with some clicks.

For updating from older Versions (< 2.9.3) please download the latest quickstart package from www.mailbeez.com and follow the included update instructions - all easy! 

cheers
cord
Edited by burt
remove external links

• 1 year later...

Google Penalty Fix

Last weekend Google introduced penalties for wrong application of rich snippets. This also affected users of the Shoprating Module pre-integrated into the MailBeez core System.

The issue has been fixed and the fix is part of the latest MailBeez Version 3.4.2 - just use the built in updater.

Edited by burt
remove external links

• 5 months later...

I found in meanwhile the folder ( shop/mailhive/configbeez/config_editor/template_library) where the default logo's stored replaced the 2 Logo's with mine and it shows ok when I do a preview,  but when I send a test email the stocklogo from mailbeez is still there.

• 1 month later...

sorry for my late reply, havn't received any notification.

Please check out the Quick Start Guide

https://www.mailbeez.com/documentation/guide-to-getting-started

how to adopt your email templates

Where is the location from the stock logo ?   I want to replace with my own logo,  after few hours digging I give up.

I found in meanwhile the folder ( shop/mailhive/configbeez/config_editor/template_library) where the default logo's stored replaced the 2 Logo's with mine and it shows ok when I do a preview,  but when I send a test email the stocklogo from mailbeez is still there.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Updated my site to PHP 7.1 and osC CE by porting over my  mods.  Lost functionality of MailBeez, and now trying to sort it out.  Am stuck on this error:

Declaration of config_queen::update($installed_version) should be compatible with configbeez::update($installed_version = NULL) in ...../mailhive/configbeez/config_queen.php on line 23