• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

Hi Niels, I didn't get any notification from the forum about a new entry, sorry for the late reply.

Have you been able to solve the issue? Looks like you have a config cache addon installed, which currently is not support by MailBeez (it supports already a number of config caches).

Just get in touch with me through this forum or the helpdesk on mailbeez.com (green tab on the right hand side)

regards

cord

I've been on a long vecation and this project was put on hold. I will try this in the next few days.

I will edit this post when I've done it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to share this "Loyalty-O-Graph" I saw today at a MailBeez user:

post-277634-0-03004100-1349727905_thumb.png

Orange: percentage of second orders

Blue: percentage of third orders

Red: percentage of fourth+ orders

The graph show how the loyalty of customers is influenced in a very positive way. Customers order again, not only more place a second order but also a third and fourth+ order. Looking 730days back there is a nice comparison how MailBeez creates measurable results.

The merchant is using Winback advanced, reorder advanced and MailBeez ReferralHoney. He sent out about 10.000 emails in the last 6 months by running MailBeez on a daily basis (so approx 50 - 60 highly personalized emails per day).

Edited by MailBeez

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just installed mailbeez v 2.6.5

Birthday module seems fine but i get below error for Winback and Database optimize modules:

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/***/public_html/***/mailhive/mailbeez/winback/email/body_txt.tpl) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/***/mailhive/common/classes/mailbeez.php on line 373

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/***/public_html/***/mailhive/mailbeez/winback/email/body_txt.tpl in /home/***/public_html/***/mailhive/common/classes/mailbeez.php on line 373

Could you please help.

Have a look in your mailhive/mailbeez/winback/email/ directory....you should have a couple of files there called body_txt.tpl, body_html.tpl and subject.tpl.

The message you are getting is telling you that those can't be found....if you find that they are indeed not there...see if they are in the zip file and if so just upload them to that directory. Let us know how it works out...

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hello. My emails now go with Phpmailer with iso-8859-9 (Turkish), w/o any problems w characters.

But now I have installed Mailbeez and trying birthday module, but somehow mail subject and content is encoded in UTF-8; which is not properly displaying Turkish chars.

1) under templates, char is set to iso-8859-9

2) i also found a file mailbeez.class.phpmailer.php and set public $CharSet = 'iso-8859-9';

so how to get rid of UTF-8 encoding and replace it by 8859-9?

Thanks,

Yavuz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Just installed this module, it looks ok, but when trying to send a test email from trustpilot module, the popup page stays at processing, the event log only shows MAILHIVE_TEST_INIT mailhive initiated. If click email templates preview, both html and txt popups show blank. The popup mode has been set to 'off'. If run the trustpilot in test mode, get the same result, popup page stays at processing, but if click show recipients, the right recipients list is shown in a popup page. The FWR Security is not used. Please help!

Hello. My emails now go with Phpmailer with iso-8859-9 (Turkish), w/o any problems w characters.

But now I have installed Mailbeez and trying birthday module, but somehow mail subject and content is encoded in UTF-8; which is not properly displaying Turkish chars.

1) under templates, char is set to iso-8859-9

2) i also found a file mailbeez.class.phpmailer.php and set public $CharSet = 'iso-8859-9';

so how to get rid of UTF-8 encoding and replace it by 8859-9?

The next Version 2.7.4 of MailBeez will give more controll on the encoding.

currently you can try to change the enconding in the main email template

cheers

cord

Hi, Just installed this module, it looks ok, but when trying to send a test email from trustpilot module, the popup page stays at processing, the event log only shows MAILHIVE_TEST_INIT mailhive initiated. If click email templates preview, both html and txt popups show blank. The popup mode has been set to 'off'. If run the trustpilot in test mode, get the same result, popup page stays at processing, but if click show recipients, the right recipients list is shown in a popup page. The FWR Security is not used. Please help!

As discussed through the Helpdesk I assume that your server does not allow the executing of the eval() function - which is used by the MailBeez System.

Solution: enable the execution of the eval() function.

cheers

cord

• 2 weeks later...

@@MailBeez Love the mailbeez system but I have a small problem:

Hi,

Trying to send out some HTML emails as a newsletter via mailbeez bulkmailer.

All the £ signs in the email are prefixed with an A (with a cap on) when the email is opened.

I have tried setting the email header to UETF-8 as in the code below:

Dear $firstname $lastname,<br>
<meta name="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<div align="left">
 <table border="3" width="600" id="AutoNumber1" height="506" bordercolor="#008000">

and I am also using the £ method of inserting the £ symbol as below:

<p align="center" style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><b>Product xyz From  </b><font color="#FF0000"><b>£13.61</b></font></p>

But still I get the prefix and its driving me crazy !!

Any help would be appreciated - is the encoding of the mail set somewhere else ??

Many Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Mort-lemur,

sorry for my late reply, just realized that the notification settings needed to be updated.

Am not able to support 3rd party modules like the bulkmailer, but your issue looks like the encoding is not correct set. In any case the meta tag must be in the header section of the email.

The next mailbeez release will give better control about the encoding applied inside mailbeez

best regards

cord

@@MailBeez Thanks Cord - I didnt realise it was a third party module...

Where does mailbeez draw the header information from when sending emails?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

hi,

depends on whether you use the stores email function or phpmailer (you can configure that in mailbeez > configuration > email engine)

currently the encoding is code in, but also set in the maintemplate (as of version 2.7)

regards

cord

@@MailBeez Thanks Cord,

I currently use Mailbeez on the shop email function, so I guess I need to look where that is coded.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Hoping someone can help me. I have installed mailbeez on one of our shops - excellent, no problem.

Have tried to install on our second shop (much larger but identical) and after clicking the install button it timed out after about 4 minutes. Now the mailbeez link brings up a blank screen -

I have tried to run the SQL to remove and retry (DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE ‘MAILBEEZ_%’;) But all I get is a message saying there is an error in the SQL syntax (Help!!)

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking of creating brand specific newsletters and a more generic way to get the limited audience

I plan on adding the additional sql filter in the template directory and call it in the bulkmail constructor

$this->sqlFilterTemplateResource = $newsletter.'.sql.txt'; // located in folder of this module

and the getAudience function to include this like

$query_raw = "select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_id, c.customers_email_address
	    from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c where c.customers_newsletter = " . MAILBEEZ_BULKMAIL_CUSTOMERS . . $this->sqlFilterTemplateResource. ;   	

any thoughts on this or other suggestions ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

hi carine,

the official MailBeez Newsletter module (still in beta) will support filters for all kind of segmentation including selections by brand.

So w/o programming you would be able to narrow down: "Women, age betweend 18 and 25, who have purchased products from brand "xyz".

cheers

cord

after almost a year of developing am now proud to present:

Annoucement: BeezDesk CRM by MailBeez

Features

BeezDesk CRM lite (free)

• Customer Insight Plugin with CRM Pad (one-code-line ! installation on top of mailbeez)
  • customer centric overview of orders, purchased products, MailBeez Email history
  • extensible based on modules (hook in your own systems)

BeezDesk CRM Pro (very affordable)

• multichannel Ticket system supporting Email, Chat, Facebook, Twitter and Phone
  • see all your communication right within your oscommerce admin (!!!)
  • answer on tickets right within your oscommerce admin
  • Notes, todos, reminders (CRM Features)
  • Customer analytics reporting
  • ...and more

stay tuned!

cheers
cord

Edited by burt
remove link

• 1 month later...

Just released the new MailBeez V2.8 – easy updating with the included update-packs.

There have been a number of enhancements and bugfixes (see list below), but the most interesting news is probably the introduction of the MailBeez Analytics Summary Bar, which shows the effect of MailBeez:

post-277634-0-74981700-1376643339_thumb.png

Also MailBeez V2.8 is ready for the soon soming BeezDesk CRM

Enhancements:

• added MailBeez Analytics Summary View on Dashboard
  • BeezDesk CRM ready
  • improved clicktracker to support rewritten urls
  • improved clicktracker order tracking
  • Framework improvements: integrated firelogger / firephp support, systemcheck
  • added SQL_NO_CACHE to check queries
  • improved email engine
  • improved template engine to remove UTF-8 BOM and marker character in input, if present.
  • added DB index to improve performance

Bugfixes:

• fixed minor codeing errors
  • fixed issue with currencies class support

As always, for updating download the Quickstart Package and follow the included instructions.

Edited by burt
remove link

• 1 month later...

Bugfix for MailBeez 2.8

As with MailBeez 2.8 there is a bug causing issues with the clicktracker:

please replace in

mailhive/common/classes/clicktracker.php round line 86:

$rewritten = str_replace('/?', '/&', $rewritten);

with

$rewritten = str_replace('/&', '/?', $rewritten);

if you already have sent out emails, you can "repair" the links with following rewrite rule (.htaccess)

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /&mid=* [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)&mid=*(.*) /$1 [L,NC,R=301]

regards

cord

Hi,

I am trying to Activate MailBeez Analytics, but when I click on it, a pop-up screen shows this error:

This page can't be shown (translated from Dutch: Deze webpagina kan niet worden weergegeven)

HTTP 403

Does anyone know what I causing this error and what to do?

Kind regards, Michiel

• 4 weeks later...

hi michiel,

sorry for my late reply - have not received any notification. You can always reach me through the helpdesk on mailbeez.com (chat, contact form, helpdesk at mailbeez dot com)

Am not sure where you get the error - is it when clicking on the admin menue?

regards

cord

Release of MailBeez V2.8.5

ready for responsive emails

Just released the new MailBeez V2.8.5 – easy updating with the included update-packs.

With MailBeez V2.8.5 the soon coming new release of

• MailBeez Newsletter Pro V1.0
  • MailBeez Template Manager 2.0

are fully supported. Those new Versions will enhance your MailBeez System with:

• full support for responsive Emails looking create on big screens as well as on mobiles
  • an intuitive visual Mail-Editor with responsive editing mode
  • Mobile preview simulating Iphone 4+5, Android and Ipads

Also MailBeez V2.8.5 has improved integration support for the soon soming BeezDesk CRM

Enhancements:

• improved support for https in clicktracker
  • added support for upcoming pro features (visual editor, responsive emails, mobile preview)
  • dropped support for mailbeez 1.x template variables like “$firstname” (since 2.x {$firstname} )
  • enhanced main template
  • several framework enhancements for improved performance and support for upcoming premium features

Bugfixes:

• fixed issue with clicktracker url rewrites
  • fixed character issues in dashboard news widget
Edited by burt
remove link

• 2 weeks later...

MailBeez V2.8.9 released

With MailBeez V2.8.9 the just released modules

• MailBeez Newsletter Pro V1.1
  • MailBeez Template Manager 2.2

are fully supported.

These new Modules allow:

• full support for responsive Emails looking create on big screens as well as on mobiles
  • an intuitive visual Mail-Editor with responsive editing mode
  • Mobile preview simulating Iphone 4+5, Android and Ipads

Also MailBeez V2.8.9 has improved integration support for the soon soming BeezDesk CRM

Changes since Version 2.8.5:

Enhancements:

• improved compatibility with Gambio
  • added suhosin compatibility fix (/mailhive/common/local/suhosin_compatibility.php )
  • enhanced MailBeez Analytics to analyse and report Email openings on mobile devices
  • automatically generate txt version from html email if txt template is empty

Bugfixes:

• fixed bug that prevented tracking of email opens
  • fixed bug that prevented MailBeez from updating itself
  • fixed an issue with mixing ssl, nonssl requests and servers with configure x-frame-options

As always, for updating download the Quickstart Package and follow the included instructions.

Edited by burt
remove link