} elseif (!is_object($navigation)) {

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

Source http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/237743-login-redirect-to-index-instead-of-previous-page/page__st__20

Edited by jps001

thanks for your reply unfortunatly it didn't do the trick

it even got a bit worse as it doens login any more

in the the way it was you would get logged in only as you were redirected to the login page you does see your self logged in

her is my code i have know

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

any more ideas ?

i have started an new topic about this so we don't mess up this topic

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/373426-review-login-loop-or-so/

arthur

Just installed this, works amazing!

One thing though...

My customers can't opt-out.

The link is there in de email. But clicking it does lead them to a webpage ../mailhive.php/ma/block/m/nopurchase/mp/large code//?utm_source=MailBeez&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nopurchase

The customer does see a page.... there is only the text: Mailbeez: PRODUCTION

In de logs in opt-out logs, there are no entries...

What can be wrong?

hi dennis,

here a fix, will be added to MailBeez V2.1 (when you confirm it works):

mailhive/common/classes/mailbeez_mailer.php

find (around 329)

$block_url = mh_href_email_link(FILENAME_HIVE, 'ma=block&m=' . $module . '&mp=' . $block_token , 'NONSSL', false);

replace with

$block_url = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . FILENAME_HIVE . '?ma=block&m=' . $module . '&mp=' . $block_token;

(not tested)

that bypassed the url rewrite function and generates a clean URL which should work.

please give it try and let me know if it works

cheers

cord

I love Mailbeez, it's a great contribution.

I am running the Trustpilot module only, which is working fine and quietly gathering excellent reviews.

The only thing is, I have a lot of customers who order frequently, some several times a month, and I know they will get sick of getting 'Your opinion matters " emails all the time. In fact, a couple have already complained.

So, my question is, how can customers unsubscribe from the Trustpilot module?

We receive a copy of the emails that Trustpilot receives which include this footer:

"Please send me no more emails like this. We sent you this email since we have registered your email-address: [email protected] in our customer database. Please do not reply to this email. If you would like to contact us, please use our Customer Service."

If I click on the "no more emails like this" link it unsubscribes the correct customer, however the customer first has to complain to us first!! Of course, the customer can't unsubscribe themselves (as far as I can see).

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

I love Mailbeez, it's a great contribution.

I am running the Trustpilot module only, which is working fine and quietly gathering excellent reviews.

The only thing is, I have a lot of customers who order frequently, some several times a month, and I know they will get sick of getting 'Your opinion matters " emails all the time. In fact, a couple have already complained.

So, my question is, how can customers unsubscribe from the Trustpilot module?

We receive a copy of the emails that Trustpilot receives which include this footer:

"Please send me no more emails like this. We sent you this email since we have registered your email-address: [email protected] in our customer database. Please do not reply to this email. If you would like to contact us, please use our Customer Service."

If I click on the "no more emails like this" link it unsubscribes the correct customer, however the customer first has to complain to us first!! Of course, the customer can't unsubscribe themselves (as far as I can see).

hi frankl,

I have contacted trustpilot about this issue. In my view they need to enhance their Automatic Feedback service to both control how often a customer gets a feedback request email and to offer an opt-out.

I the meantime I will think about options to control the frequency already in mailbeez. The opt-out however will be impossible (?) since the customer is never receiving an email from mailbeez, but only from trustpilot triggered by mailbeez.

For direct requests coming from your customers you can enter an entry in the table mailbeez_block to avoid future trustpilot emails

cheers

cord

just an update:

Trustpilot will offer the option to "hand through" an unsubscribe link via their Automatic feedback service.

That will allow to embed the mailbeez block-url into the email trustpilot is generating. So customers will be able to block the mailbeez trustpilot module and receive no further emails.

Currently Trustpilot sends a maximum of 3 emails per week, but they are working on making this configurable.

cheers

cord

just an update:

Trustpilot will offer the option to "hand through" an unsubscribe link via their Automatic feedback service.

That will allow to embed the mailbeez block-url into the email trustpilot is generating. So customers will be able to block the mailbeez trustpilot module and receive no further emails.

Currently Trustpilot sends a maximum of 3 emails per week, but they are working on making this configurable.

cheers

cord

I was thinking a handthrough of additional parameters would be the natural way of doing it. The other option is to mark customers as 'blocked' once they are asked the first time so they aren't asked again.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

YES!!!

It works.

Thanks you for this quick solution.

hi dennis,

the change of the opt-out url will be part of MailBeez Version 2.1 - so you will be able to update the framework without worries.

cheers

cord

Hi

I am testing the block emails function with the Bulkmail module, and it does not appear to work correctly. For a valid customer subscribed address I get

Dear Customer,

we can't find your email in our system, please contact our support.

Hi

I am testing the block emails function with the Bulkmail module, and it does not appear to work correctly. For a valid customer subscribed address I get

Dear Customer,

we can't find your email in our system, please contact our support.

hi,

the block url works only when you run a simulation or send out real emails - it does not work when you just send a test email

cheers

cord

• 2 weeks later...

MailBeez Version 2.1 released

Am happy :D to announce the release of Version 2.1 with many improvements of the MailBeez Framework:

• technical framework enhancements (functionality, performance, refactoring)
  • improvements of the admin interface
  • inline version checker (requires CURL)
  • new external version checker in popup
  • "Filter"-tab renamed into "Filter & Helper"
  • moved "configuration" tab

With MailBeez 2.1 there are also a number of new premium add-ons available, e.g.

Simple Throttling

allows you to control the sending rate

Genderbased personalization

personalize your emails to the gender of your customers

Newsletter Subscribers only

make sure that MailBeez only sends to customers with a newsletter subscription

All add-ons are with "drop-in" installation - only copy the new files and activate the add-ons through the admin

Please use the new external version check (version check button in your MailBeez admin) to download the latest version of MailBeez:

orange means update

blue means additional module available

mailbeez_v21update.png

coming soon:

multilanguage template manager

invoice dunning reminder with workflow for orders with payment in advance

Trustpilot integration suite - show ratings in your website and mailbeez generated emails

cheers

cord

I was thinking a handthrough of additional parameters would be the natural way of doing it. The other option is to mark customers as 'blocked' once they are asked the first time so they aren't asked again.

hi frankl,

with MailBeez Version 2.1 you can now "hand-through" the block url to trustpilot. The MailBeez 2.1 package includes the new version of the trustpilot module with instructions.

Though It should work (follows the specification given by Trustpilot), but I wasn't able to test it yet

cheers

cord

Hi

Thanks for the upgrade...

Should all the old modules work correctly with the new framework? I copied my reviews module across as I had it previously and I don't get the text to preview in admin.

Hi

Thanks for the upgrade...

Should all the old modules work correctly with the new framework? I copied my reviews module across as I had it previously and I don't get the text to preview in admin.

should work like a charm - did you copy both the review file and folder?

Hi,

Recently i install this addon, and i will know if i can do a template with the news products?

What files i need modify?

Thanks.

hi,

this will be soon available as a generic addon, so you can add new products to any module.

the concept of mailbeez is to have an easy to upgrade framework with enhancements based on modules. so to keep mailbeez upgradable you should only modify / create own modules, but not the core files

cheers

cord

Yes, i just see $body in the preview. Will have to look later to see what's missing.

ah ok, you upgraded from 1.x and kept your main template.

use {$body} instaed of $body - same wi all placeholders which are not replaced correctly

cheers

cord

ah ok, you upgraded from 1.x and kept your main template.

use {$body} instaed of $body - same wi all placeholders which are not replaced correctly

cheers

cord

Great, thanks. :thumbsup:

Your contribution sounds great and I have downloaded all the files and then tried following the instructions for modyfying existing files and I am afriad I strat to get error messages! Even if I get rid of the error message the link still does not appear in the tools box in admin. I have noticed however what appears to be discrepancies to me but I am very new to scripting and coding.

For example there is an instruction to find array( 'code' => FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE, etc etc and add // mailbeez,array( 'code' => 'mailbeez.php', 'title' => 'MailBeez', 'link' => tep_href_link('mailbeez.php'))// the coding you are told to find is based on FILENAMES and the coding you are asked to add are not in the same format.

Please help so I can get the benefit of this contribution.

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!