The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

However I have a question about the iteration value

$this->iteration = date('Y');

is used in the Birthday module - am I correct in thinking that

$this->iteration = date('D');

would allow a daily email to be sent?

I have tried this and it just places an iteration value of '0' into the database - the date('D') adds in 2010 to the database.

Thanks for figuring out how to make the cronjob work - i will put it in the documentation with credits to you ;)

date('D') gives back characters, iteration need to be a numeric Value. So what you are looking for would be

date('Yz')

which returns a numeric Value unique for the current day. (check the php documentation)

Using this would sent every day One email to the customers found with the query.

Cord

I just installed your FB review module and have a few questions. What exactly is "Days Passed"? Is it the days after the customer submits the review or is the days after admin approval? Also, what is "Set days to skip after"? Cool scripts btw. I'm using your review reminder as well and have seen a big increase in the reviews submitted.

Hi,

What exactly is "Days Passed"? Is it the days after the customer submits the review or is the days after admin approval?

It is the days after submitting the review. Currently there is no check for approval.

Also, what is "Set days to skip after"?

The days you want to look in the past - when you start using the module you dont want to ask customers who have given a review a year ago. When you run mailbeez every day it would be "days passed" +1.

Hope this helps?

Cord

for Godaddy CRON you have to go to their control panel and input the job using their own 'click to select' menu - this will give you something like:

/web/cgi-bin/php5  "$HOME/html/mailhive.php?b6a707b8c90a012cf7cc0faaa765358a=run"

You have to change it to

/web/cgi-bin/php5  $HOME/html/mailhive.php b6a707b8c90a012cf7cc0f249765358a=run&module=module_name

i.e. remove the quotes and then replace the question mark with a space then add &module=module_name - otherwise the cron job will not run and you'll just get a 404 email from their control panel (if you are creating a cron job with just a straight url then it will work with the quotes - I have no idea why but I found the suggested fix on another forum)

the

module=module_name

is by design optional, if you do not add it, mailbeez should run all modules. However I have heard that mailbeez only works when specifying a module. My guess is, that some of the other modules are breaking the loop and stop the execution, but I wasn't able to replicate it or find a reason.

Anyone having found a reason / solution for this?

cord

MailBeez Version 1.4 for download

With MailBeez v1.4 the long awaited Google Analytics Integration is there!

Controll if you like to use this feature, if you want to rewrite all URLs in your MailBeez-Emails or only URLs pointing to your Shop.

Each MailBeez module (if supported by the module, like e.g. birthday) allows to override the rewrite settings, which gives you great flexibility and easy administration.

Google Analytics (of course you have to use GA in your Shop) will register clicks on Emails send by Mailbeez as Campaigns with easy to recognize names.

With the new version you can also controll CeeBox as the used AJAX for admin-popups. If CeeBox is not working, you can deactive them in the mailbeez-admin.

Also good for testing if you need access to the URL of the popups.

enjoy!

hi guys,

ive uploaded/edited the files, but can not get any further

get this when i open tools, prevents me to install/configure

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem.

as a test i changed the permissions of all files associated with the files 777

hi guys,

ive uploaded/edited the files, but can not get any further

get this when i open tools, prevents me to install/configure

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem.

as a test i changed the permissions of all files associated with the files 777

looks like you are having a admin-rights-addon in your shop where you need to add mailbeez.php as a new page with permission to access. This issue is not related to mailbeez, but some modifications in your shop.

cord

looks like you are having a admin-rights-addon in your shop where you need to add mailbeez.php as a new page with permission to access. This issue is not related to mailbeez, but some modifications in your shop.

cord

cheers cord,

sorted it

Great software from first glance mate

Edited by freelancement

Hi Cord,

have a question, is there a customer exit optout option? I legally have to have attached to all unspecific advertising emails, also does it have an option for opt in for the customer registration? Im talking in relation to birthday messages and anything direct non-sales related

Cheers,

Freelancement

Hi Cord, I have been using your review reminder module with great success. Thank you for your work!

Was wondering how complicated would it be to create a Module that sends a coupon-reminder. We have been sending 15% re-ordering coupons with each order we shipped. Coupon do expire the next month. It would be ideal to be able to send all customers who order in July a reminder at the end of August that their re-ordering coupon is about to expire.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Hi Cord, I have been using your review reminder module with great success. Thank you for your work!

Was wondering how complicated would it be to create a Module that sends a coupon-reminder. We have been sending 15% re-ordering coupons with each order we shipped. Coupon do expire the next month. It would be ideal to be able to send all customers who order in July a reminder at the end of August that their re-ordering coupon is about to expire.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ricardo

hi ricardo,

just sent you a personal message

cord

alright started playing with my site again this arvo

Im in,

Mode: simulate

I click on all the buttons in (view mail, view list, test mail and run)

•  
  • Birthday Greetings
  • Winback Customer Reactivation
  • Review Reminder
  • Share Review on Facebook
  • Contact Customers without Purchase
  • MailBeez Version Check - keep yourself uptodate

and they all come up as a white blank screen after loading for a second or two

the only one that loads correctly is 'check for update'

is part active? or have i got an error in installation or conflict? I couldnt see anything in documentation about these buttons

and they all come up as a white blank screen after loading for a second or two

the only one that loads correctly is 'check for update'

please check the trouble-shooting section on mailbeez dot com documentation basic configuration.

Is probably caused by active GZIP compression.

Try to deactivate CeeBox popups in the Mailhive config module (you need mailbeez v1.4), so the buttons will open new browser windows

cord

Hi!

I´m having trouble trying to send emails...

Everything works fine (all modules work, it sends test emails, it shows both html and text messages) but

when i request the recipient list it always displays 0 results.

Tried everything i could find here, checked the database... couldn´t find what´s wrong.

Any help would be very appreciated.

when i request the recipient list it always displays 0 results.

please check if your are having enough data in your system, e.g. orders in the given timeframe (review), customers w/o orders (nopurchase), customer with a birthday...

without some data mailbeez won't find any recipients

cord

MailBeez Version 1.5 for download

with V1.5 I am proud to introduce:

• opt-out/block feature for emails - customers can "opt-out" / unsubscribe per mailbeez module. The opt-out link is a generic part of the template and does not require any changes to mailbeez modules
  • some new stuff behind the scenes

please download the latest version on mailbeez com, through the update tool or in the addon-section

enjoy

cord

MailBeez Version 1.5 for download

MailBeez V1.5 is easy to install & upgrade and works fine (spent a lot of time testing this and making it easy).

If you are having issues with MailBeez V1.5 after upgrading, please check the following:

It is a good idea to note your personal settings per module and backup your files. The update affects only MailBeez-Files - and the database_tables.php files in admin and catalog.

You REALLY need to uninstall all modules (incl. Mailhive - the first one) with the "remove" button on each module.

(or run

DELETE FROM  `configuration` WHERE  `configuration_key` LIKE  'MAILBEEZ_%'

in you phpMyAdmin to remove all MailBeez settings - tracking-data will be not affected as they are in their own table)

You REALLY need to copy all new files and folders to your system.

There has been major changes and a manual file-by-file update would be to complex. make sure to back-up your .tpl-files of the Birthday-Module (the only module where you would like to make changes included in the package) and your common html-template.

it is also possible to rename the mailhive-folder in e.g. mailhive_v1.x and than copy the new packages in your system.

You just need to copy or move your existing mailbeez-modules into the actual mailhive-folder.

Remember to update your catalog/mailhive.php file and catalog/admin/mailbeez.php as well.

Remember to register the new table in your admin/includes/database_tables.php and includes/database_tables.php:

define('TABLE_MAILBEEZ_BLOCK', 'mailbeez_block');

now you are ready to install MailBeez V1.5 - a new table "mailbeez_block" will be created.

After the update your "secret URL" has changed - you need to have the same "secret" in your mailbeez-system and your Cron-job url

• Copy the "secret" from your Cron-URL into the MailBeez-configuration

OR

•  
  • Adopt the CronJob to use the new "secret" as generated by Mailbeez

If you still have trouble (?!), please use this support forum.

enjoy

cord

Edited by MailBeez

Hi,

I have installed the module 1.5. The only problems were the strange output with STS - (is there still n o solution to this? ) and the missing SQL.file which would make the upgrade more easy (no need to uninstall all and then reinstall)

Hopefully there will be a solution for the STS screen and report output problem soon.

Besides the STS quirk the application works great.

Cheers

Roland

Hi,

I have installed the module 1.5. The only problems were the strange output with STS - (is there still n o solution to this? ) and the missing SQL.file which would make the upgrade more easy (no need to uninstall all and then reinstall)

Hopefully there will be a solution for the STS screen and report output problem soon.

Besides the STS quirk the application works great.

Cheers

Roland

hi roland,

good to hear it works for you!

The STS issue is on the list - someone in this forum found a soluton, but he didn't share with us/me (ask him 3 times - no answer...). I basically only need to understand how to disable / bypass STS for a specific page (mailhive.php).

SQL: I see your point, but it is much easier for me to keep changes in the installation process rather than maintaining SQL statements. But I will consider to give some SQL-upgrade statements for the future.

cheers

cord

Hi Cord,

thank you for pointing me into the right direction - I have solved the STS issue too!

Here is the solution I found across the boards:

1: open the file catalog/includes/modules/sts/sts_default.php

2: find around line 43:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

change to:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "mailhive.php")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

3: save the changes

Voila, everything is fine!.

Cheers

Roland

Hi Cord,

thank you for pointing me into the right direction - I have solved the STS issue too!

Here is the solution I found across the boards:

1: open the file catalog/includes/modules/sts/sts_default.php

2: find around line 43:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

change to:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "mailhive.php")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

3: save the changes

Voila, everything is fine!.

Cheers

Roland

as well thanks a lot for pointing to the right place:

just had a look at the STS code and found this hint:

If you have a special page that you don't want with template, Create a module sts_mypagename.php that returns an empty string as template filename, it will automatically switch off STS for this page.

so such a module would be cleaner to use instead of modifying the STS Code.

I just tried to build such a module, but can't test it. Would be great if you could try it for me in your installation.

Please create a file "sts_mailhive.php" with following content and place it into catalog/includes/modules/sts

After you have installed the module in STS it should do the same as your modification - but without the need to modify STS code which would be overwritten with a future update of STS

<?php
/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

STS v4 module for mailhive.php by www.mailbeez.com
* Requires STS v4.4 or newer
*/

class sts_mailhive {

var $template_file;

function sts_mailhive (){
   $this->code = 'sts_mailhive';
   $this->title = 'MailBeez.com STS compatibility';
   $this->description = 'This Module makes STS compatible with MailBeez.com V1.5 (v1.0.0)';
   $this->sort_order=6;
   $this->enabled = ((MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
 }

function find_template (){
 // Return an html file to use as template
return '';  // No specific template found, so we don't use template at all
 }

function capture_fields () {
 // Returns list of files to include from folder sts_inc in order to build the $template fields
return '';
 }

function replace () {
 // If we do not use a content template, extract the content from buffer
return '';
 }

//======================================
// Private Functions

// Functions needed for admin

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS');
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Use template for the image popup page', 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS', 'false', 'Do you want to use templates for the image popup page', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   } 

}// end class
?>

Hello,

I have just upgraded mailbeez to version 1.5 but it does not work.

The earlier version of Mailbeez did work.

When i press the install button in Oscommerce nothing happens.

The button installation is showing again...

So I can not change the settings...

Everything seems to be fine in the database.

There is a message in the top of the admin that says:

SIMULATION-MODE: no emails are send.

So the mailhavi basic configuration does not work

Also the (New updated modules) customer winback activation and contact customers whitout purchase

don't work but are installed. Also by these modules i can not change the settings.

The Trustpilot module does work fine....

can you help me?

Kind regards,

Henri

can you help me?

hi henri,

since you say the previous version worked well, something went wrong through the update.

To keep things simple I suggest you clean your system by deleting all configuration-setting (run this query in your phpMyAdmin):

(your tracking data is not affected)

rename your existing mailhive-directory (as backup - you might want to copy your adjusted .tpl files back later)

copy ALL files from mailbeez v1.5 in your system.

insert the new database table definition in your admin/includes/database_tables.php and includes/database_tables.php:

install mailbeez through the admin-interface buttons.

Now things should work - remember to use the same secret-key in your cronjob and mailbeez.

good luck

cord

PS: can't see you got any reviews on trustpilot yet?

hi henri,

since you say the previous version worked well, something went wrong through the update.

To keep things simple I suggest you clean your system by deleting all configuration-setting (run this query in your phpMyAdmin):

(your tracking data is not affected)

rename your existing mailhive-directory (as backup - you might want to copy your adjusted .tpl files back later)

copy ALL files from mailbeez v1.5 in your system.

insert the new database table definition in your admin/includes/database_tables.php and includes/database_tables.php:

install mailbeez through the admin-interface buttons.

Now things should work - remember to use the same secret-key in your cronjob and mailbeez.

good luck

cord

PS: can't see you got any reviews on trustpilot yet?