• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

change add to cart to check box on xsell products

d4funky1

Hi,

Currently when i display xsell products they appear as seperate products at the bottom of my page and you have to click on add to cart, then continue shopping which takes you back to the product page of the xsell you just added (not the original page you were on).

This means that a customer would add the main product to the cart then continue shopping, add 1 of the xsell products into the cart > continue shopping, then navigate back to the original products page so that they can then add the 2nd xsell product into the cart.

This process is drawn out and lengthy and in the real world probably wouldn't even happen.

What i'm asking is to find out whether or not there is a way in which we can change the add to cart buttons on the xsell products to tick/check boxes where the customer can simply tick xsell 1 and 2 the add the main product to the cart which would in turn add both the xsell's also?

If we set the xsell to add 1 quantity even if the customer add's 2 of the main product - they can then change the quantities on the shopping cart page?

Hope this all makes sense and if it has been addressed/dealt with before then apologies but I couldn't find it.

Many Thanks

D4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Currently when i display xsell products they appear as seperate products at the bottom of my page and you have to click on add to cart, then continue shopping which takes you back to the product page of the xsell you just added (not the original page you were on).

This means that a customer would add the main product to the cart then continue shopping, add 1 of the xsell products into the cart > continue shopping, then navigate back to the original products page so that they can then add the 2nd xsell product into the cart.

This process is drawn out and lengthy and in the real world probably wouldn't even happen.

What i'm asking is to find out whether or not there is a way in which we can change the add to cart buttons on the xsell products to tick/check boxes where the customer can simply tick xsell 1 and 2 the add the main product to the cart which would in turn add both the xsell's also?

If we set the xsell to add 1 quantity even if the customer add's 2 of the main product - they can then change the quantities on the shopping cart page?

Hope this all makes sense and if it has been addressed/dealt with before then apologies but I couldn't find it.

Many Thanks

D4

We are also interested in this. You can use it to sell as Accessoires.

Edited by Alexian