• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disappearing categories and products from admin zone

accredohr

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie on oscommerce and I'm from Croatia. I like this system and would like to use it further on but I have an issue. I have 2 languages Croatian as default and English. I made categories and put products under those categories while I still got 2 languages set up. And than I decided to have just one language and that's Croatian cause I do business here in Croatia and honestly I don't need English Lang, so I deleted English language from Localization-->Languages and at that point I lost all the categories and products that I had in my admin zone under Catalog, but categories and products were still there on my live site. Than I tried with Croatian language left to make new categories but that was unsuccessful cause nothing happened when I pushed the save button and what I'm 100% certain about is that it should make a category.

I just couldn't explain to myself what happened here, is it something with language files on server, do I need to delete language English language files from server too, database???... I just don't know, so if there is someone who can help me on this one I'll will appreciate it.

sorry for my bad English

here's the web address of my shop www.webshop.accredo.hr

hope you can help me!!!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie on oscommerce and I'm from Croatia. I like this system and would like to use it further on but I have an issue. I have 2 languages Croatian as default and English. I made categories and put products under those categories while I still got 2 languages set up. And than I decided to have just one language and that's Croatian cause I do business here in Croatia and honestly I don't need English Lang, so I deleted English language from Localization-->Languages and at that point I lost all the categories and products that I had in my admin zone under Catalog, but categories and products were still there on my live site. Than I tried with Croatian language left to make new categories but that was unsuccessful cause nothing happened when I pushed the save button and what I'm 100% certain about is that it should make a category.

I just couldn't explain to myself what happened here, is it something with language files on server, do I need to delete language English language files from server too, database???... I just don't know, so if there is someone who can help me on this one I'll will appreciate it.

sorry for my bad English

here's the web address of my shop www.webshop.accredo.hr

hope you can help me!!!

I had the same problem. And i didn't find any solution or any description on this forum.

What did you do? Could you fix this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problems as you. I have not found any answer. Does anybody know what to do? I use the Swedish language pack http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7665.

I hope someone can help us with this problem. I can see the categories on the site. But not in the admin section of the site. It is totally empty there.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...