• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem to install the contribution in oscommerce

nomi99

Dear Sir

I am facing difficulty after embed the contribution of os commerce. I downloaded the three contribution.

1- http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1263 Basic Template structure

2- http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823 Ultimate SEO urls

3- http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851 Header Tags

i did embed successfully first two contribution, when i tried to embed 3rd one, then i could not find the code in catalog/index.php as per instruction in given contribution helf file. The reason was this when i uploaded the all catalog folder for contribution of (1-BTS) as per given instruction, this contribution changed the files and code as well.

Thats why i could not find the code for 3rd contribution. Please guide me what to do that i can embed all contribution as per my requirement easily.

Your help will be highly appriciable for me.

Noman

[email protected]

Edited by nomi99

It is not so easy to install contributions on top of each other as each contribution does change the files.

The only way to do it is to look for the line that seems to be the one that needs changing and change just the bit that is different.

Often, you will get something like

Change

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_url.............

to

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name,  pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url.......

But your previous contributions would have already changed the first code to something like,

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url.............

You will not find the line requested because of the (example) 'pd.products_description' in your file. You have to find the line that looks like it is right and slot in the bit that needs changing, WITHOUT undoing the first contributions.

This takes practice and you need to

a) Backup first

B) Test test test

One file in particular that many of these contributions makes changes to is admin/categories.php. YOu have to just test and be careful.

Hi

Thankyou very much for your kind response, but i followed all steps as mentioned in help, my question is this that when i install first two contribution it was sucessfully done, but when i tried to embed third one contribution, so i did not find the relavent code, bcoz it had been changed when i uploaded the catalog folder as given in Basic templated contribution.

I wana know, that why this happen, even i am following the same procedure as given in each contribution.