• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers getting Error on Credit Card

NuDreamer

I have a problem on my website. Lately when I go to look at the Whos Online page, I am seeing customers on the following page:

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=cc&error=The+first+four+digits+of+the+number+entered+are%3A+%3Cbr%3EIf+that+number+is+correct%2C+we+do+not+accept+that+type+of+credit+card.%3Cbr%3EIf+it+is+wrong%2C+please+try+again.&cc_owner=&cc_expires_month=0

Now, I have not run into this issue before. I installed a one page checkout several months ago, round about 8-9 months ago, and I disabled the verification of the Expiration Date for the credit card module. But I didn't run into any issues otherwise. No all of a sudden, in the last couple weeks, I am seeing that error, where I did not run into that before. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Is there ANY kind of way to disable that verification for the CC numbers? I have a merchant account, and can process the cards myself, so I prefer to have no verification for any of the credit cards if that is possible. Any ideas?!

Thanks!!

• 1 year later...

I am seeing the same message from time to time when looking at the "Who's Online" page. Wish I knew how to fix it. I too have my own merchant account and don't need any verification of credit card numbers when the customer is entering an order.

I have seen this on my site and I stand by my earlier posts concerning this error message.

If a customer types in only 15 digits for Visa or MC, the cart will think it is an Amex card and of course it cannot be because Amex has different digits at the beginning. So then the cart has no option but to display the error message.

Tim

Archived