• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osc V2.2ms2 sts 4.6.1 buttons show, nothing else does

ktbrown

Hello,

I have used osCommerce in the past, and have had it recommended by friends. I recently need to create an online store and wanted to add a template that stated I needed to install STS. I d/l'd the STS 4.6.1 and had a complete clean running version of osCommerce V2.2ms2. I installed the STS into the correct directories and then proceeded to copy the MS2 directories into my store as instructed by the install.html.

I enter my admin/configuration and follow chapter 3 to activate the sts that now appears in my left-hand menu under modules. Every seems to function correctly. I choose to Edit my settings under the default settings, selecting Use Template : true and choosing one of the free templates that list correctly under the Templates folder.

Everything is saved. I go back to my store and the only thing that seems to change is the buttons.

When I choose blue hash template, it states that that is the template I am using in the store. I can supply any further information from the debug you may need.

Any help is truely appreciated.

Kevin

Hello,

I have used osCommerce in the past, and have had it recommended by friends. I recently need to create an online store and wanted to add a template that stated I needed to install STS. I d/l'd the STS 4.6.1 and had a complete clean running version of osCommerce V2.2ms2. I installed the STS into the correct directories and then proceeded to copy the MS2 directories into my store as instructed by the install.html.

I enter my admin/configuration and follow chapter 3 to activate the sts that now appears in my left-hand menu under modules. Every seems to function correctly. I choose to Edit my settings under the default settings, selecting Use Template : true and choosing one of the free templates that list correctly under the Templates folder.

Everything is saved. I go back to my store and the only thing that seems to change is the buttons.

When I choose blue hash template, it states that that is the template I am using in the store. I can supply any further information from the debug you may need.

Any help is truely appreciated.

Kevin

I just wanted to say... When I say only the buttons show, I meant the store content comes up fine, but no boxes, graphics or naviation prettyness. Like the css isn't being read or the images. The buttons show up the correct color and everything. Did I make that clear? :)

I have the same problem.. sad.gif Any help please?

This could only happen if you either did not complete the install correctly (including bad uploads from a poor FTP Client software that you used) or you mis-configured the STS Modules in the admin. If the latter is the case, simply use the default settings and change only the following in the STS Default Module:

1. Use Template: TRUE

2. Template Folder: select the blue_hash or any other template from the drop down

3. That's it. Test.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE