• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra product fields

Hi,

Since I couldn't find a support topic for extra product fields, I started a new topic.

I just installed v1.3

Then I made some new product fields which show in the product_info page like it should.

Now, I asked myself if it would be possible to have such a new field not shown in the product_info page. But will only occur in the admin section.

eg. information which is not relevant for the customer, but is for the shopowner, would only be shown in the admin section.

The problem is that this contribution shows all the new fields in the product info page.

Does anyone now a certain fix for this?

Kind regards!

Have you followed the installation steps? I did installation of this module and haven't notice any issue with it.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Have you followed the installation steps? I did installation of this module and haven't notice any issue with it.

Maybe I wasn't very clear last time :s

Everything works, no problems with this contribution.

The only thing I want to do is, is being able to have a new field only visible in the admin section and not on the catalog side.

While some other new fields should be visible in the admin and in the catalog section.

In this way I can add extra information which I can use (like adding the supplier for a specific product), but is not relevant for my customers

Does someone know a solution for this? Maybe something hardcoded in this section?

// begin Extra Product Fields

foreach ($epf as $e) {

$mt = ($e['uses_list'] ? ($product_info[$e['field']] == 0) : !tep_not_null($product_info[$e['field']]));

if (!$mt) { // only display if information is set for product

echo '<b>' . $e['label'] . ': </b>';

if ($e['uses_list']) {

echo tep_get_extra_field_list_value($product_info[$e['field']], $e['show_chain']);

} else {

echo $product_info[$e['field']];

}

echo '<br>';

}

}

// end Extra Product Fields

Kind regards

• 1 month later...

Maybe I wasn't very clear last time :s

Everything works, no problems with this contribution.

The only thing I want to do is, is being able to have a new field only visible in the admin section and not on the catalog side.

While some other new fields should be visible in the admin and in the catalog section.

In this way I can add extra information which I can use (like adding the supplier for a specific product), but is not relevant for my customers

Does someone know a solution for this? Maybe something hardcoded in this section?

Kind regards

Version 2.2 of the contribution addresses this request.

Version 2.2 of the contribution addresses this request.

Wdepot,

This is a great contribution. The install instructions are perhaps the cleanest and clearest that I've ever worked with for such a complex contribution. I've installed v2.0 and upgraded to 2.2 after reading this post. Everything works well.

I'm using STS v4.6 with a product_info.php template and I was able to configure the template to display the extra product fields on the product info page. Now, I'm trying to figure out how I would go about calling only specific fields and values from the database to display on the page where I want them to show.

For instance, one of my extra fields is labeled "Audio Preview" and the value is a flash button (object embed code) that plays an audio mp3 file. I have two other extra fields and all three are stacked one after another on the product info page. Is there a way that I can isolate code for just the audio preview field to move it to another area on the page?

Can you give me an example of the code I might use to query a specific extra product field, and display it as "Label: Value". Once I've figured that out, I think I know how to take each field move it to where I want it to show using the STS contribution.

Thanks for your help,

Walt