• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping affecting USPS module

jduehmig

I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but I've discovered two issues with the shipping modules in one website.

1) The USPS shipping weight, and cost, is not correct on the first screen during checkout where you select the shipping method. The FedEx module shows the weight correctly, but the USPS module is always off by the tare weight. If I go through the checkout process the correct shipping costs show up on the final screen.

2) The 'free shipping by category' module is no longer detecting that a product that should ship free is included in the cart.

These two issues appear to be related. If I disable or uninstall the free shipping module, the USPS shipping calculations are correct. I've gone through all the code required during installation and found nothing out of place. I'm pretty sure this was all working when we went live about a year ago.

Where would these problems be coming from?

Joe