• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

thx. a lot for this great contrie.

i have some problems when i create a new product - dont know how create the tumbnalis

what i must do at first ?

can you tell me the steps, please :blush:

when i creating a new product and go to admin/catalog/Additional Images

and filter by Unprocessed Product Images

then i can see the new images in Additional Images Thumbnail Utility

but when i click "Process" then i have an blank site

thnx.ya

thx. a lot for this great contrie.

i have some problems when i create a new product - dont know how create the tumbnalis

what i must do at first ?

can you tell me the steps, please :blush:

when i creating a new product and go to admin/catalog/Additional Images

and filter by Unprocessed Product Images

then i can see the new images in Additional Images Thumbnail Utility

but when i click "Process" then i have an blank site

thnx.ya

do you mean, when you click process, a blank web "page" appears? (not, that all you products are blank) right?

So, nothing gets processed? Or does it work, and then leave you with a blank page?

your host may have error reporting turned off in your php.ini of the server. Ask your host if that is case.

Also make sure you host has PHP 4.3.2 and PHP GD 2.0 compiled into the PHP.

then make this change and try again. Any new error messages?

find in application_top.php

// Set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change to:

// Set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL);

change back when done testing.

hi,

i have a problem...

in admin i can only upload one image per product...

what must i do to upload unlimited images per products ?

in picture product_edit_page.jpg see screenshot in the contrib i see only upload one image too...

did you see this: "IV. Getting Started" section of the docs? Did that not help you find the admin items this contrib installs?

well i tried following the directions and now i cannot even access my admin panel

Warning: require(includes/classes/logger.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 74

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/logger.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 74

this site is supposed to go live by saturday, someone please just help me get the admin panel back and forget about the images :'(

well i tried following the directions and now i cannot even access my admin panel

Warning: require(includes/classes/logger.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 74

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/logger.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 74

this site is supposed to go live by saturday, someone please just help me get the admin panel back and forget about the images :'(

ouch, sorry to hear that. So you didn't do the backup the instructions begged you to do? :'( That is THE most important step in any contribution. I zip-up and label my local copy of the site before making a major change. lesson learned ey?

The warning pretty-much tells you what the problem is. In the file /cart/includes/application_top.php you have a "require" statement that is looking for this: includes/classes/logger.php file. The script: /cart/includes/application_top.php (on line 74) can't find /cart/includes/classes/logger.php. You can try to comment-out the require statement in /cart/includes/application_top.php and see what happens. But I suspect something else is looking what should be in that file.

you need to figure-out what happened. The file it's looking for is not used in this contribution, nor is it used in any of the files this contirbution changes. So I can't guess what the problem may be.

You may want to check with your host to see if they have a backup from before you started on this.

I really can't help much more.

ok i managed to get the site back up by replacing the application_top and display_images but i am still not able to access tha admin panel

i am now getting

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

is this a different application_top?? how many should there be and what are the differences

ok i managed to get the site back up by replacing the application_top and display_images but i am still not able to access tha admin panel

i am now getting

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/undedea0/public_html/cart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

is this a different application_top?? how many should there be and what are the differences

you need to start thinking smaller. again, the error is telling you what is wrong. either

1) verify that the missing files are actually on the server (both errors you reported)? sounds to me like some files are missing. (read the error and follow the clues)

or

2) comment out the line number it's referencing in the error, does the problem go away or create more problems.

are you sure you replaced the application_top.php from just before making the AI changes?

ok thanks for your help, there were infact two appliction_top files, one in admin/includes and one in catalog/includes, that is what i was reffering to when i asked how many where there, i replaced both and am back up and running, unfortunately with no additional images, is there a more detailed set of instructions to installing this , everything was fine until i got to the file compare, or do i even need to make any changes to those files? thanks for all your help

ok thanks for your help, there were infact two appliction_top files, one in admin/includes and one in catalog/includes, that is what i was reffering to when i asked how many where there, i replaced both and am back up and running, unfortunately with no additional images, is there a more detailed set of instructions to installing this , everything was fine until i got to the file compare, or do i even need to make any changes to those files? thanks for all your help

sorry, no better instructions. The file compare is the easiest for me.

I installed version 2 . .everything seems fine apart from one small error which I cannot fix.

When I click on the 'click to enlarge', the pop-window comes up fine however there is a lot of space. When I go with the mouse over in the images beneath, the images show with the original resolution and not as resized. The images are being generated: original.jpg (no pixel resize), originalm.jpg (150 pixels width) and originals.jpg (90 pixels width). I should have another one resized to 200 pixels which I set here - Popup Image Width

Use image size restrictions is set to TRUE

Thanks for your help!

I followed all the instructions and the configuration page shows all GREEN but when I hit the products edit page I still only see 1 image upload box.

any help would be great.

see the getting started at bottom of the docs.

I did look at the getting started. I did everything step-by-step. Next step would be to go through and compare all the files. I was just hoping someone here could save me some time.

Thanks.

I installed version 2 . .everything seems fine apart from one small error which I cannot fix.

When I click on the 'click to enlarge', the pop-window comes up fine however there is a lot of space. When I go with the mouse over in the images beneath, the images show with the original resolution and not as resized. The images are being generated: original.jpg (no pixel resize), originalm.jpg (150 pixels width) and originals.jpg (90 pixels width). I should have another one resized to 200 pixels which I set here - Popup Image Width

Use image size restrictions is set to TRUE

Thanks for your help!

The contribution does not resize the large image upon upload like it does the med/small. Resize the large image to the desired size before uploading. It's a flaw in logic causing the extra space. The code calculates the size of the popup window based on the maximum width and maximum height of the images. So if you have the restrict images set to true, the popup size in the admin is set to 200px, and your images are 400px, then yes, you are going to have a problem. I would recommend not restricting the image size of the popup and sizing it before the upload. That will give you a better quality popup image anyway. Stay tuned, a newer version is on it's way (no ETA) with the capability to resize the popup image also to the sizes set in the admin and a fix to this logic.

I did look at the getting started. I did everything step-by-step. Next step would be to go through and compare all the files. I was just hoping someone here could save me some time.

Thanks.

you don't see ANY image upload spots on the product page? Or the product list page?

The contribution does not resize the large image upon upload like it does the med/small. Resize the large image to the desired size before uploading. It's a flaw in logic causing the extra space. The code calculates the size of the popup window based on the maximum width and maximum height of the images. So if you have the restrict images set to true, the popup size in the admin is set to 200px, and your images are 400px, then yes, you are going to have a problem. I would recommend not restricting the image size of the popup and sizing it before the upload. That will give you a better quality popup image anyway. Stay tuned, a newer version is on it's way (no ETA) with the capability to resize the popup image also to the sizes set in the admin and a fix to this logic.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Will be monitoring the contribution.

I've been trying to install this contrib for about two days now, always ending up with the same error when "Run Configuration Utility".

This is what I get:

Updating Configuration

Updating Configuration Group "Additional Images".

Checking for items...

Updating Configuration Key "ADDITIONAL_IMAGES_AUTO_CREATE".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDITIONAL_IMAGES_BACKGROUND_COLOR".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_PREFILL_UPLOAD_DIRECTORY".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_PREFILL_INITIAL".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_SHOW_ON_PRODUCT_INFO".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_GROUP_WITH_PARENT".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_TABLE_ALIGNMENT".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_TABLE_LOCATION".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_NUMBER_OF_COLS".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_NUMBER_OF_ROWS".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_GROUP_WITH_PARENT".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_ALIGNMENT".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_NUMBER_OF_COLS".

Updating Configuration Key "ADDIMAGES_POPUP_NUMBER_OF_ROWS".

Updating Configuration Group "Images".

Checking for items...

Updating Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH".

Updating Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT".

Updating Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH".

Updating Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT".

Checking for Tables...

Table "additional_images" found, doing nothing.

Checking for Columns...

1146 - Table 'vintagemaniac_net_1.products' doesn't exist

SHOW COLUMNS FROM products

[TEP STOP]

How do I fix this? Can I simply add the table needed on my own and in that case how do I do it?

Thanks for ANY help!

I've been trying to install this contrib for about two days now,

How do I fix this? Can I simply add the table needed on my own and in that case how do I do it?

Thanks for ANY help!

Hmmm, do you have a table "products" ?? or does your shop tables have non-standard names?

Edited by surfalot

Hmmm, do you have a table "products" ?? or does your shop tables have non-standard names?

I'm a newbie, so I hope I'm looking at the right things... I'm using PhpMyAdmin by the way.

I have something called "oscommerce_products" . Could that be it?

Also, now I've encountered another error, when uploading the backup files from before the contrib add:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /data/members/paid/v/i/vintagemaniac.net/htdocs/www/admin/includes/header.php on line 19

Been looking at both admin/inludes/header.php and includes/header.php but I can't figure out the problem... *sigh* And now I can't access my admin area...

:'(

Update: I renamed the "oscommerce_products" table to simply "products", but since the error concerning header.php is showing up when I try to reach the page and/or the admin area I can't really say if that helped or not... :'(