• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Hello everyone,

I've just installed this contribution and everything is working great. There's one item I wonder if someone might be able to help me with: can the Popup Image's file name be shown in the Admin section (as the Products Image file name currently is):

add_images_admin.gif

What code do I have to add so that the Edit page of the Admin section displays the name of the Popup Image file currently assigned to the product (it would go where it is orange)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

BD

:D

Edited by BoulderDash

Here's the code I have (from the Contribution's initial install):

<tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_file_field('products_image') . '<br>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . $pInfo->products_image . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image', $pInfo->products_image); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE_POP; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_file_field('products_image_pop') . '<br>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . $pInfo->products_image_pop . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image_pop', $pInfo->products_image_pop); ?></td>
</tr>

Can anyone please help me out and tell me why the Popup Image file name is not appearing in my Admin section? It makes it hard to remember if I've already worked to add a Popup Image.

Thanks,

BD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let me ask this:

Does *anyone* get their Popup Image file name to show in the Admin's Edit section if the product has one assigned?

I've done 3 different installs of this Contribution on 3 different websites. They all work great, but they all share the problem I mention above. Someone please help me out with this.

Thanks,

BD

:blink:

HI all,

At moment additional images let you upload 2 images at the time (1 small 1 big) is anybody interested and able to modified to upload more images at the time?

Salvo

Ps: I am trying but failing in this

Hello everyone,

I've just installed this contribution and everything is working great. There's one item I wonder if someone might be able to help me with: can the Popup Image's file name be shown in the Admin section (as the Products Image file name currently is):

add_images_admin.gif

What code do I have to add so that the Edit page of the Admin section displays the name of the Popup Image file currently assigned to the product (it would go where it is orange)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

BD

:D

did you find the answer?

here it is:

in categories.php

around line 454

add products_image_pop

if ($action == 'new_product') {

$parameters = array('products_name' => '',

'products_description' => '',

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_quantity' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'products_image' => '',

'products_image_pop' => '', 'products_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'products_date_added' => '',

'products_last_modified' => '',

'products_date_available' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'products_tax_class_id' => '',

'manufacturers_id' => '');

a little be below line 468

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_pop, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Salvo

how about when you want to delete an additional image?

At momente it give the option to delete it but it won't show the image you are deleting. just the description and name..

here what you have to do to have the image too. so you will not make mistake..

about line 1090

Just add the bold

case 'delete_images':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_NEW_IMAGES . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('delete_images', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'action=del_images&cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_DEL_IMAGES_INTRO);

$images_product = tep_db_query("SELECT additional_images_id, images_description, medium_images FROM " . TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($images_product)) {

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br><font color="red">No Additional Images!</font>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

} else {

while ($new_images = tep_db_fetch_array($images_product)) {

$contents[] = array('text' => ' ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_ATTITIONAL . $new_images['medium_images'], $new_images['images_description'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="absmiddle"') . '<br><br> (' . $new_images['medium_images'] . ')');

$contents[] = array('text' => ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('additional_images_id[]', $new_images['additional_images_id'], true) . $new_images['images_description'] . ' (' . $new_images['medium_images'] . ')<hr>');

}

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_SAVE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

}

break;

• 2 weeks later...
I just installed the additional images mod and so far the catalog looks fine, however I'm haveing problems in the admin section. I get the following error on admin/categories.php

parse error in /home/decorato/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 324.

Here is the code on that line. Any help with this would be appreiciated.

case 'add_images':

I am getting the same parse error problem after installing this great contribution on a clean osCommerce MS 2.2 CVS 3. Is there any solution to it? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the main popup image. The additional images work just fine.

The problem is that when I try to click on the product image I just get a blank window with nothing in it.

It might help to know that I'm using ImageMagick to resize all my images.

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciative :)... If you need me to copy and paste any code just lemme know.

• 2 months later...

I like this contribution very much! Thanks.

One question though: Is it possible, when you add an extra image, to directly refer to the path on the server instead of uploading it from my computer.

When I upload a picture it is placed in the "images" folder but I would like to order my images in different folders so how do I point out where this picture can be found on my harddisk without changing the database all the time?

Thanks 4 your reactions.

Hi,

This seems to be what I'm looking for, but I have one problem.

When adding second image in admin section I get:

Warning: No file uploaded.

Error: Additional images field is empty

I have gone through all the steps several times to make sure that I have done

it according to the instructions but must have missed something.

I do not get any other errors.

Anybody have a suggestion ?

Best regards

Jan

I'm having an issue with the main popup image.  The additional images work just fine.

The problem is that when I try to click on the product image I just get a blank window with nothing in it.

It might help to know that I'm using ImageMagick to resize all my images. 

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciative :)... If you need me to copy and paste any code just lemme know.

I am having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas on this? :blush:

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Everyone,

I have a auto thumbnailer contribution installed and because of this, the small images being displayed are no longer the thumbnailed images; they are the original scaled down from within the browser. This is true not only for products/images created prior to installing the "additional images module", but also with products/images created after implementing this script.

I look in the images directory and I can see the thumbnail images are still being created when i insert a new product, but they are not being displayed on the product_info.php page. Though, the thumbnails ARE being displayed correctly on index.php.

Does anyone know what I can do?

-George

[email protected]

Found the fix for the main popup image.

in the file catalog/popup_image.php

find this line

if ($products['products_image_pop']== NULL ) {echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image'], $products['products_name']);
} else {echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES .[B] DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES_BIG [/B]. $products['products_image_pop'], $products['products_name'], POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH, POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT);};

Remove the DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES_BIG .

and the popup should work.

Staaby

All,

Im having the image with the sorting of the images. Is there somehwere in the code to say Image 1 = left Image 2 = center Image 3= right?

when i am adding 3 images, it randomly is putting them in an order and i cant find a pattern.

Thanks,

Staaby

• 3 weeks later...

in the admin, under Configuration --> Images, you should see 2 new settings "Display Image Width" and "Display Image Height" after installing the contribution. These are for the additional images.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I HAD this contrib working, but I my web admins changed my domain name and moved my ip, and I started gettin a error....

in additional_images.php:

new imagesBox($info_box_contents);

crashes. This causes PHP to stop parsing code and I get a 10% loaded page that looks like crap (http://www.martinadesigns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=114).

If I comment it out I get a fully loaded page, so I'm positive this line is the crux of my problem.

I check all the contents that were being loaded into $info_box_contents, and they looked fine to me. Can anyone tell me about imagesBox()? Or maybe I'm missing something here....

oh also, under my admin section, in the left menu, under Catalog, below Product Attributes and above Manufactures I have BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES. When I click on it, it says:

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I assume that's not supposed to happen :D Anyone know about this? I thought I followed the instructions pretty carefully...

Ok well, I'm an idiot.

The reason why I couldn't find imagesBox() was it didn't exist. So I was calling a function that was not defined because I Overwrote boxes.php with another contribute and deleted step12 :thumbsup:

But I still have that problem in my admin section. Maybe I overwrote something there too :D

• 1 month later...

Finaly managed to get it working right with my other contributions,

i.e "Atribute sorter/copier", "enable/disable categories", "Meta Tags", "Kovi HTML editor" & "Categories descriptions" which affected the pages I needed to edit.

The only thing I can't seem to solve is the image descriptions. Aren't they supposed to show above the additional image?

I also get an error when I click upload, I get a green line saying uploaded successfully and under that a green line saying can't upload. I'm assuming that the error is the description or something, as the image appears fine.

Anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Oh and in my images section in Admin I get the following:-

Images

Title Value Action

Small Image Width 100

Small Image Height 80

Heading Image Width 60

Heading Image Height 50

Subcategory Image Width 120

Subcategory Image Height 100

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

Constrain Proportions true