• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Hi all,

I have a strange problem.

I can see the uploaded image when I view the product in my admin panel, but I can upload en delete the image but there is no preview picture.

previewvm.jpg

Everything else works.

Maybe something wrong in categories.php?

check out post 1397 on the previous page.

double check that all the included files actually got uploaded to your site. Then double check that PHP errors are turned on with your host so that you may be able to debug future issues.

Hi, this line is causing the empty shopping card

// BOF: Additional Images
 if (empty($_GET['pID'])) { $_GET['pID'] = $_GET['products_id']; }

I'm testing the site on an local server (Xampp) but it turned al on the php error handling in php.ini

but no errors are showing up? maybee i did something wrong...

No files are missing..

Hi, this line is causing the empty shopping card

if (empty($_GET['pID'])) { $_GET['pID'] = $_GET['products_id']; }

I'm testing the site on an local server (Xampp) but it turned al on the php error handling in php.ini

but no errors are showing up? maybee i did something wrong...

No files are missing..

if you remove that line and the page works, it sounds like a problem with xamp's interpreter. That code is fine.

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this. For the most part, the contribution seems to work on the back end.

Where I'm having trouble, however, is that there is a giant black box at the top of my page when I enable Lightbox.

When I disable lightbox, it still shows the image in Lightbox (darkened background, image comes up) when I click on it, instead of a popup page.

When processing the images through Catalog > Additional Images in admin, 3 files are created: "s", "m", "l".

The issue I'm having is that it only shows the "s" image files on click in the product_info page after being processed. Before this, I had lightbox installed and it would display the orignal file in its full size.

When I change it from popup to product_info under the option "Product Image Behavior," I get the same result.

Only when I enable Group Parent with Sub-Images, the regular popup comes up. Unfortunately even with this option, only the "s" pic comes up, albeit in the size that I dictate (size of the original picture that I had before installing the contribution and processing). As a result, the image becomes extremely blurry.

Any help? Please answer soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this. For the most part, the contribution seems to work on the back end.

Where I'm having trouble, however, is that there is a giant black box at the top of my page when I enable Lightbox.

When I disable lightbox, it still shows the image in Lightbox (darkened background, image comes up) when I click on it, instead of a popup page.

When processing the images through Catalog > Additional Images in admin, 3 files are created: "s", "m", "l".

The issue I'm having is that it only shows the "s" image files on click in the product_info page after being processed. Before this, I had lightbox installed and it would display the orignal file in its full size.

When I change it from popup to product_info under the option "Product Image behavior," I get the same result.

Only when I enable Group Parent with Sub-Images, the regular popup comes up. Unfortunately even with this option, only the "s" pic comes up, albeit in the size that I dictate (size of the original picture that I had before installing the contribution and processing). As a result, the image becomes extremely blurry.

Any help? Please answer soon!

this contribution will not make pics bigger for you. it needs to be larger then the largest size you wish to have, then the contribution will reduce it as your specify.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have just spent several hours doing all the file changes etc and when I log onto my site the images appear to work as they are supposed to.

However when I have gone to do the last part "Getting Started" I can not log into my admin section. I am getting a blank page.

Which files if any would affect me logging in to admin?

I did a backup before starting so thats not a problem but I would hate to have to start again with this contribution from scratch.

The only thing I did different from the Installation info was to do the Search and Replace of SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT before doing anything else so I know that this is not the problem?

I dont know if it is a problem but the other thing I did not do was alter the catalog/admin/backup.php file because there was no file in the download to compare it with. I used the latest version Additional Images V2.2.0

Thanks for any help

Michael

Hi, I have just spent several hours doing all the file changes etc and when I log onto my site the images appear to work as they are supposed to.

However when I have gone to do the last part "Getting Started" I can not log into my admin section. I am getting a blank page.

Which files if any would affect me logging in to admin?

I did a backup before starting so thats not a problem but I would hate to have to start again with this contribution from scratch.

The only thing I did different from the Installation info was to do the Search and Replace of SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT before doing anything else so I know that this is not the problem?

I dont know if it is a problem but the other thing I did not do was alter the catalog/admin/backup.php file because there was no file in the download to compare it with. I used the latest version Additional Images V2.2.0

Thanks for any help

Michael

neither item you mention should cause a blank page after logging in. I suspect not all the files were uploaded correctly, double check the new files to make sure they were all uploaded correctly.

neither item you mention should cause a blank page after logging in. I suspect not all the files were uploaded correctly, double check the new files to make sure they were all uploaded correctly.

Sorry, I may have misled you. I dont get a blank page after logging in, I get it before then when I call : /mystore/admin/login.php

I do not actually get the page where I enter my admin username and password. I get a blank screen.

Could the database changes do anything?

Were we supposed to change anything in admin/backup.php?

I used the file comparison ExamDiff to check the files as I changed them and then re-compared the files after each change to make sure they were the same.

I also had 1 line where I added code as it classhed with headertags seo. I did not take anything out, just added the code that affected headertags, I will check which file that was to update you but I am sure that is not the problem.

Thank again

Michael

Sorry, I may have misled you. I dont get a blank page after logging in, I get it before then when I call : /mystore/admin/login.php

I do not actually get the page where I enter my admin username and password. I get a blank screen.

Could the database changes do anything?

Were we supposed to change anything in admin/backup.php?

I used the file comparison ExamDiff to check the files as I changed them and then re-compared the files after each change to make sure they were the same.

I also had 1 line where I added code as it classhed with headertags seo. I did not take anything out, just added the code that affected headertags, I will check which file that was to update you but I am sure that is not the problem.

Thank again

Michael

changes to backup.php shouldn't be necessary with the latest osC 2.2 version, all others yes. no changes this contribution makes should cause any blank pages.

The product_listing show the medium sized image when it is an additional image.

The first image you add to your product, the product_listing picks the small image.... I want also the first image to be the medium sized one, for that products which do not have additional images.

Hi,

I get the login screen of the shop, when I start the configurer. When I log in, I see only the normal oscommerce configuration admin page.

Had this on another contrib as well, which worked with a configurer.

What can this be ?

thanks

M@rio

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am using your contribution Additional Images v2.2.0 but I'm in trouble, the images are very small in the lightbox, I tried all the admin only that nothing worked.

I'm using Automatically create image 3 Set because the module had errors and did not open the images in the lightbox.

If anyone can help me.

Rafael

Hello, I am using your contribution Additional Images v2.2.0 but I'm in trouble, the images are very small in the lightbox, I tried all the admin only that nothing worked.

I'm using Automatically create image 3 Set because the module had errors and did not open the images in the lightbox.

If anyone can help me.

Rafael

The module can not make the images larger for you. You need to upload the biggest image (that will be used for pop up or lightbox) and the smaller 2 images will be created automatically according to the settings you have in admin.

What size are the images you upload?

The module can not make the images larger for you. You need to upload the biggest image (that will be used for pop up or lightbox) and the smaller 2 images will be created automatically according to the settings you have in admin.

What size are the images you upload?

The image that is 400x400 sent, only by clicking to expand the use of the lightbox image is too small.

The image that is 400x400 sent, only by clicking to expand the use of the lightbox image is too small.

1) Do you mean that if you turn lightbox off and use the regular pop up, that the image is larger then? (400x400)?

2) What are your settings for the pop up image in admin, image configuration? Do you have a size defined there? What size?

If anyone can help me.

Rafael

Is there a reason why only the thumbnail image is being shown when I use lightbox?

Please help!!

This isn't a fix, but more of a workaround, as I don't know what exactly the problem is other than the link the (Click to Enlarge) url points to the same one as the one shown on the product page.

No matter how I uploaded the images, the popup image would be the same size as the image shown on the product info page. I tried changing the image size in the configuration but that didn't help. Heres what I did, keep in mind I am talking about the first image, not additional ones that are added to the page towards the bottom:

What you need:

Your 3 images (large/medium/small).

1) Make sure under Configuration-> Images you have set either Height or Width for all 3 pictures you will upload (that way the Additional Images Contribution resizes product images without any errors). It may not matter, but I had mine configured for auto generate image: on

2) Go to your product page and select the biggest image (typically for Popup image) and hit Preview, then it should say it uploaded the images, then hit update. (Keep note where it says the images were uploaded to)

3) Go to Catalog->Additional Images->under All Product Images select the category where your product is and click Display All Product Images

4) Now find your image/product and next to it click Process.

5) Now what I do here is use my FTP program, or use the cPanel's File Manager, and upload the 3 images (large/medium/small) overwriting the ones that were created by the contrib.

6) Lastly, go back to Configuration->Images and delete the numbers you put for Height or Width (in step 1).

Check your product page, and when you click on Click to Enlarge, the images should be the correct sizes now.

Note: I only have to do steps 1,2, and 6 when I want to add additional images. They seem to work just fine.

Let me know if these steps fix your problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I have painstakingly added this module followed the installation txt and went thru the configuration all ok, I have then followed the latest instructions for modifying the files and replacing sections as needed. Now I have this instead of my admin folder

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting '(' in /home/shoeadd1/public_html/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 55

I have reopened the file and double checked the section its as written on the instruction as far as I can see there is nothing wrong with this code.

if ( tep_not_null($file['tmp_name']) && ($file['tmp_name'] != 'none') && is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name']) ) {

if (sizeof($this->extensions) > 0) {

if (!in_array(strtolower(substr($file['name'], strrpos($file['name'], '.')+1)), $this->extensions)) {

if $messageStack->add(ERROR_FILETYPE_NOT_ALLOWED, 'error');

} elseif ($this->message_location == 'session') {

// EOF: Additional Images

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_FILETYPE_NOT_ALLOWED,

'error');

}

this is line 52-60.

Please help

Michaela

try this code, it must help:

if ( tep_not_null($file['tmp_name']) && ($file['tmp_name'] != 'none') && is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name']) ) {
       if (sizeof($this->extensions) > 0) {
         if (!in_array(strtolower(substr($file['name'], strrpos($file['name'], '.')+1)), $this->extensions)) {
           if ($this->message_location == 'direct') {
             $messageStack->add(ERROR_FILETYPE_NOT_ALLOWED, 'error');
           } elseif ($this->message_location == 'session') {
 // EOF: Additional Images
             $messageStack->add_session(ERROR_FILETYPE_NOT_ALLOWED, 'error');
           }

give us feedback if this is ok! ;)

Ok so 1 problem was fixed only for another to appear my happiness was short lived :(

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/shoeadd1/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 267

the code is:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);{

($action == 'update_product')

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . '");

}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

this is lines 265- 275.

Help!!

Michaela

Try to replace your code with this:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);{
($action == 'update_product')
tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
}

1 - was your code line (wrong):

2 - is is how it should be (right):

1) tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . '");

2) tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");