• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

The smaller images are still slightly pixelated - is that to be expected?

if you follow this carefully and completely, there should never be any pixalated images.

You should also make sure you have performed the changes at the end of the install instructions (Item "D" of the instructions). After that you want to set the two image restrictions settings to false in the AI config settings so all the images show in true perspective.

if you follow this carefully and completely, there should never be any pixalated images.

You should also make sure you have performed the changes at the end of the install instructions (Item "D" of the instructions). After that you want to set the two image restrictions settings to false in the AI config settings so all the images show in true perspective.

They're not really pixelated that much...just slightly - http://homegym365.com/store/index.php see the images down the bottom under the "New Products"...it's not that bad, though.

And yes, I have done the D part of the instructions and set the restrictions. Both "Use image size restrictions" and "Thumb Menu: Use image size restrictions" are set to false.

They're not really pixelated that much...just slightly - http://homegym365.com/store/index.php see the images down the bottom under the "New Products"...it's not that bad, though.

And yes, I have done the D part of the instructions and set the restrictions. Both "Use image size restrictions" and "Thumb Menu: Use image size restrictions" are set to false.

I'm not seeing it. looks good to me.

Really? When I look around the writing...like around "Los Angeles", it's slightly kinda fuzzy. It's not really a big deal deal, though.

don't see it. remember that the shirt material is a mesh. mesh patterns (and the like) can look strange after being reduced, as well as causing items that border the mesh to appear jagged. There isn't anything that can be done about it. even photoshop will leave you with a odd look in that situation. try some items that don't have a mesh and see if you still feel the same.

Also double check the pages in the includes/modules/ for the install instruction D changes. (I know you said you have done it, but there are specific images sizes in the page code that shouldn't be there if this has been done).

don't see it. remember that the shirt material is a mesh. mesh patterns (and the like) can look strange after being reduced, as well as causing items that border the mesh to appear jagged. There isn't anything that can be done about it. even photoshop will leave you with a odd look in that situation. try some items that don't have a mesh and see if you still feel the same.

Also double check the pages in the includes/modules/ for the install instruction D changes. (I know you said you have done it, but there are specific images sizes in the page code that shouldn't be there if this has been done).

Yeah, it seems it's just certain parts of certain images. Checked the files and they're all fine!

Just got a quick question about EP now :).

Question, quick help please:

I've a big big problem!! When i'm applying the WATERMARK,

it is only working at the thumbnail not the POPUPIMAGE?

What must I do to fix this problem? This is the only problem i've now with this addon? Please help me with this!

My adiotional images in my admin:

Automatically create 3 image set false

Background color Info

Pre-fill upload dir w/ Category names true Info

Pre-fill starting with this sub-dir products Info

Use image size restrictions true Info

Product Info: Show Additional Images true Info

Product Info: Product Image behavior popup Info

prettyPhoto: Enable prettyPhoto lightbox effect true Info

Product Info: Group parent with sub-images false Info

Product Info: Restrict parent image size true Info

Product Info: Parent product image alignment right Info

Product Info: Table alignment right Info

Product Info: Table location sides Info

Product Info: Number of columns 1 Info

Product Info: Number of rows 20 Info

Popup: Show Thumbnail Menu true Info

Thumb Menu: Show parent image true Info

Thumb Menu: Use image size restrictions false Info

Thumb Menu: Table alignment center Info

Thumb Menu: Table location below Info

Thumb Menu: Number of columns 3 Info

Thumb Menu: Number of rows 2 Info

Watermark: Add watermark to images true Info

Watermark: watermark image watermark.png Info

Watermark: Opacity 100 Info

Watermark: Skip adding to thumbnail false Info

Watermark: Horizontal alignment left Info

Watermark: Vertical alignment bottom Info

Watermark: Watermark image offset (as a percent) 10 Info

prettyPhoto: Set animation speed normal Info

prettyPhoto: Set frame padding 30 Info

prettyPhoto: Set background opacity 0.80 Info

prettyPhoto: Display product title true Info

prettyPhoto: Allow resize true Info

prettyPhoto: Counter seperator lable / Info

prettyPhoto: Theme facebook Info

prettyPhoto: Hide flash false Info

prettyPhoto: Flash wmode opaque Info

prettyPhoto: Autoplay video true Info

prettyPhoto: Modal false Info

Kanata,

I just copied the needed files to install this contribution.

But when I go to: admin/additional_images_configure.php, the following error shows up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in C:\xampp\htdocs\webshop\admin\additional_images_configure.php on line 381

I already changed the html_output.php, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Does someone knows what to do?

Edit: Never mind... I changed the wrong html_output.php. (did not changed the one in the admin directory, but the other one.

Edited by EIF

Is there a reason that .gif images are not showing up? When i upload the image it doesn't display in the admin area for the product, if I browse to the category it doesn't show up but when I click on the product the image is shown in the product description.

Question, quick help please:

I've a big big problem!! When i'm applying the WATERMARK,

it is only working at the thumbnail not the POPUPIMAGE?

What must I do to fix this problem? This is the only problem i've now with this addon? Please help me with this!

My adiotional images in my admin:

Kanata,

that's a bug, watermarks are only being applied when AI does image resizing.

Is there a reason that .gif images are not showing up? When i upload the image it doesn't display in the admin area for the product, if I browse to the category it doesn't show up but when I click on the product the image is shown in the product description.

sounds like the thumb sized image isn't being set in the database. I would need your settings and the image to try to to reproduce the problem

sounds like the thumb sized image isn't being set in the database. I would need your settings and the image to try to to reproduce the problem

Ok I was going to link you to the image but I think I may have stumbled on the problem. On the Index page of the store I right clicked on the image and clicked "view image". It brought up this error which leads me to believe something is changing the .gif to .gi

The requested URL /images/products/hyundai/genesis-coupe/brakes/Techna-FitBraidedLiness.gi was not found on this server.

Sorry its long but I think it will be easy for someone smarter than I to tell me how to fix.

I had version 2.0.1 running with rc2a, sppc,great categories, easy populate and a few small additions. Really wanted the thumbnail menu on product and popup page. started upgrade install and had to stop in middle for few days. tried to finish and it was messed up. 4 months later I am trying to fix it. (I have no idea what I did or did not do months ago). All of the files have been triple checked over last 2 days.

problems:

1.the configuration utility will not change my configuration options page

Automatically create 3 image set

Background color

Pre-fill upload dir w/ Category names

Pre-fill starting with this sub-dir

Use image size restrictions

Product Info: Show Additional Images

Product Info: Product Image Behavior

Product Info: Group parent with sub-images

Product Info: Restrict parent image size

Product Info: Table alignment

Product Info: Table location

Product Info: Number of columns

Product Info: Number of rows

Popup: Show Thumbnail Menu

Thumb Menu: Show parent image

Thumb Menu: Use image size restrictions

Thumb Menu: Table alignment

Thumb Menu: Table location

Thumb Menu: Number of columns

Thumb Menu: Number of rows

problem: 2. my edit product page has the original image entry box as well as the proper blue box added by additional images mod. BUT only the original one will upload an image. I know this is a merge problem,but which file

On the positive side; Todd is a wonderful,patient person and I think it all works other than I cant get the thumbnail and med image option for my product page. I thought about selecting the remove all button in configuration utility and trying again or deleting my additional images table and running the SQL. but I was way to chicken.

carie

Ok I was going to link you to the image but I think I may have stumbled on the problem. On the Index page of the store I right clicked on the image and clicked "view image". It brought up this error which leads me to believe something is changing the .gif to .gi

The requested URL /images/products/hyundai/genesis-coupe/brakes/Techna-FitBraidedLiness.gi was not found on this server.

To update it looks like it's not specific to the file type .gif but it has to do with the length of the URL. What or Where controls how long of a string the URL for the images can be? It is only relevant to the small image as the large image works fine and has the same length URL.

To update it looks like it's not specific to the file type .gif but it has to do with the length of the URL. What or Where controls how long of a string the URL for the images can be? It is only relevant to the small image as the large image works fine and has the same length URL.

did you do this in the installation instructions?

--

You may also wish to run the following in your SQL tool, such as phpMyAdmin (provided by

your host). It is not necessary for normal operation, but some have experienced extra

long image names because of the image organization included with this contribution. some

image names may be cut-off because there isn't enough room in the products_image field

of the default shop products table.

-- change products_image length to 255.

ALTER TABLE `products` CHANGE `products_image` `products_image` VARCHAR( 255 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL;

--

Sorry its long but I think it will be easy for someone smarter than I to tell me how to fix.

I had version 2.0.1 running with rc2a, sppc,great categories, easy populate and a few small additions. Really wanted the thumbnail menu on product and popup page. started upgrade install and had to stop in middle for few days. tried to finish and it was messed up. 4 months later I am trying to fix it. (I have no idea what I did or did not do months ago). All of the files have been triple checked over last 2 days.

problems:

1.the configuration utility will not change my configuration options page

Automatically create 3 image set

Background color

Pre-fill upload dir w/ Category names

Pre-fill starting with this sub-dir

Use image size restrictions

Product Info: Show Additional Images

Product Info: Product Image behavior

Product Info: Group parent with sub-images

Product Info: Restrict parent image size

Product Info: Table alignment

Product Info: Table location

Product Info: Number of columns

Product Info: Number of rows

Popup: Show Thumbnail Menu

Thumb Menu: Show parent image

Thumb Menu: Use image size restrictions

Thumb Menu: Table alignment

Thumb Menu: Table location

Thumb Menu: Number of columns

Thumb Menu: Number of rows

problem: 2. my edit product page has the original image entry box as well as the proper blue box added by additional images mod. BUT only the original one will upload an image. I know this is a merge problem,but which file

On the positive side; Todd is a wonderful,patient person and I think it all works other than I cant get the thumbnail and med image option for my product page. I thought about selecting the remove all button in configuration utility and trying again or deleting my additional images table and running the SQL. but I was way to chicken.

carie

1. my guess is you have the configuration options installed twice. You can try running the configuration utility and removing the database setup. Make sure it did removing in the shop configuration. Then run the configuration utility again. ** backup the database before just in case **

2. if the fields for the other 2 images sizes are there, but don't let you select an image, I'm geussing you have the option to automatically create thumbs enabled. That is disable the two larger images sizes on the product edit page.

I used the intimidating "remove all" option in conf utility and it removed everything. reran config utility and got same results. where does the list come from? admin/includes/additional_images_configure.php? because "Show Thumbnail menu on product page" is not in that file .

problem 2 I have 2 places labled "thumb or single large image" with browse button. 1 inside blue box where it should be (does not work) and one (original) further down page (works)

I used the intimidating "remove all" option in conf utility and it removed everything. reran config utility and got same results. where does the list come from? admin/includes/additional_images_configure.php? because "Show Thumbnail menu on product page" is not in that file .

that is true, there is no options "Show Thumbnail menu on product page", but what does that have to do with not being able to change your options?

problem 2 I have 2 places labled "thumb or single large image" with browse button. 1 inside blue box where it should be (does not work) and one (original) further down page (works)

sounds to me like you haven't merged this correctly. the only thing I can suggest is to take another wack at it. There should only be one that is labeled that. To be clear, in that section you are replacing a small section of code there, as apposed to simply adding some code.

that is true, there is no options "Show Thumbnail menu on product page", but what does that have to do with not being able to change your options?

sounds to me like you haven't merged this correctly. the only thing I can suggest is to take another wack at it. There should only be one that is labeled that. To be clear, in that section you are replacing a small section of code there, as apposed to simply adding some code.

I can change my settings, that works. the option i am looking for isnt showing up. on the screen shots it shows "Show Thumbnail menu on product page" as a setting on configuration page. does this mean my add image configuration page is correct for version 2.1.1? If so i can just change the image size from med to small on the option "show additional images on product page - true" and it should work. correct?

the other problem i know is a merge problem probably sppc threw me off. but which file

thank you for your time and patience

carie

Edited by carie

I can change my settings, that works. the option i am looking for isnt showing up. on the screen shots it shows "Show Thumbnail menu on product page" as a setting on configuration page. does this mean my add image configuration page is correct for version 2.1.1? If so i can just change the image size from med to small on the option "show additional images on product page - true" and it should work. correct?

the other problem i know is a merge problem probably sppc threw me off. but which file

thank you for your time and patience

carie

if there is a screenshot of the settings, it's old, sorry. If you are looking to have the roll-over images on the product page, you have to set the Product Info: Product Image Behavior to product_info. That will give you a roll-over menu of thumbs under the main image. If you have the lightbox enabled, the main image will be the medium image or "display" image. Then when you click, a lightbox will show with the large (popup) image.

the file is admin/categories.php

if there is a screenshot of the settings, it's old, sorry. If you are looking to have the roll-over images on the product page, you have to set the Product Info: Product Image Behavior to product_info. That will give you a roll-over menu of thumbs under the main image. If you have the lightbox enabled, the main image will be the medium image or "display" image. Then when you click, a lightbox will show with the large (popup) image.

the file is admin/categories.php

lightbox is with version 2.2.2 correct?

lightbox is with version 2.2.2 correct?

actually v2.2.0

sorry, you have the version before lightbox. Then the image used with the roll-over menu is the large (popup) image. When the rollover menu is not being used, the image displayed on the product info page is the medium (display) image.

Edited by surfalot