• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Really? I don't see it working. I mean when you click product image to get bigger popup image?

I tried with firefox, IE and chrome and popup image don't load, even the small window do open.

Anyone else see it working correctly?

looks like its working to me.

I have installed the very useful ADD-ON on my OSC store, but there have a little problem that i hope some one can give me a favor.

In producst_review.php

the letters : "click to enlarge" have no font style and colud not be centering.

How to modify this?

THanks

JUN

and the popup_add_image.php can't be viewed by IE6 correctly,

but can viewed by IE7, IE8 ,FIREFOX,Google Chrome correctly.

anyone can help?

Thanks

Hi!

Ive just installed a new shop. Everthing seemd to work just fine, until ive added about 20-30 products AIM started to fail;

Image processing using this base directory: /home/autobils/public_html/nonstopparty/ostest7/images/

Small image products/cyberflexs.jpg create failed!

Medium image products/cyberflexm.jpg create failed!

No changes to the store within the time it stopped working. But, suddently, after a few minutes everything is normal again. Any ideas?

Hi, When trying to save an additional Image I am sent to a blank page and when I go back to the product it says "No Additional Images!". Also if I edit a product and add an image and go to preview I am sent to a blank page as well.

I went back and compared all the files and don't see anything that I may have missed but obviously something has gone wrong. It seems that categories.php is where I am having the issue.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Was the installation of AI the last thing you did before the problem appear? Did you have AI working before?

Whats the url of this "blank page"?

Why do you suspect categories.php?

Hi Multimixer, Yes AI was the last thing installed. No it hasn't worked since installing.

url for the blank page is "http://mysite.com/catalog/admin/categories.php?action=add_images&cPath=26&pID=238&osCAdminID=uf92aav3ndr73rf1gpb8ae6ct0"

I thought it might be categories.php since that was the page I was having the problems on but then realized that I was also getting a blank page if I tried to process any existing images and that is on additional_images.php.

url for the blank page is "http://mysite.com/catalog/admin/additional_images.php?osCAdminID=uf92aav3ndr73rf1gpb8ae6ct0&action=generate&list=unprocessed&products_id=238&product_per_page_drop=20&page=1&category_filter=26&manufacturer_filter=&show_images=y&submit=Process"

I have an addon called matching products that I had to merge some of the code in categories.php when installing AI. Not sure if that is causing the problem. I may have to try removing that addon and see if anything changes. Here is an example of some of the lines I had to merge.

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description
		$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description, products_price, products_matching, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		// EOF: Additional Images		  
// Matching Products Contrib Edited Below
//			$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_matching, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description	 -and-   , '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_med']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_pop']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_description']) . "'
		tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_med']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_pop']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_matching']) . "',  now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");
		// EOF: Additional Images			

// Matching Products Contrib Edited Below
//			tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_matching, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_matching']) . "',  now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");
		$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

Hi,

first of all... sorry for my english, I am from Germany. But since this is the support thread for the contribution I'll post here. I have two problems, which I can't find a solution for, although I have been searching the internet for hours. I hope anybody can help me.

My first problem:

Opening my shop with firefox, everything works fine. But if I open my product info site with Internet explorer, the main image does not appear. It seems as if there is no picture for that product, but there is one. It just does not show up. The additional pictures show up as supposed. If I enlarge them, the main picture appears in the Popup, too. It just does not appear on the product info page.

Any ideas?

Second problem:

If I click on the main image on the product info site, it just shows the enlarged image in a new tab with a white background, no popup and no additional images. If I click on the additional image, the popup with both, additional image and main image shows up.

Any ideas?

I hope you guys have some Ideas for me and I'll really appriciate your help!

Thanks, Max

The contribution does not resize the large image upon upload like it does the med/small. Resize the large image to the desired size before uploading. It's a flaw in logic causing the extra space. The code calculates the size of the popup window based on the maximum width and maximum height of the images. So if you have the restrict images set to true, the popup size in the admin is set to 200px, and your images are 400px, then yes, you are going to have a problem. I would recommend not restricting the image size of the popup and sizing it before the upload. That will give you a better quality popup image anyway. Stay tuned, a newer version is on it's way (no ETA) with the capability to resize the popup image also to the sizes set in the admin and a fix to this logic.

Hi, I download the version V2.1.0 (created on 10/17/2008) and upgrade to this version from V2.0. I was hoping to solve the issue of "+ Added code to reduce the popup image to the size defined in the admin." which was mentioned in this contribution (mentioned at first line). I followed the upgrade instruction but still no luck.

I use image show on product_info with rollover/rollout feature, however the large image "POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH" appears as the image's original size instead of the set size in admin. I set "Use image size restrictions" to TRUE, and set the POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH size to 280 but it still won't use the set size to display on product_info. Anyone can help please?

I read the discussion and understand that to resize the image to the size I want before uploading it is the better way because it'll ensure to display the correct size as well as avoid image distortion. However, many store owners might not know or might not have the software to resize the images before they upload the product images. So any help please? Thank you!!!

Hi,

first of all... sorry for my english, I am from Germany. But since this is the support thread for the contribution I'll post here. I have two problems, which I can't find a solution for, although I have been searching the internet for hours. I hope anybody can help me.

My first problem:

Opening my shop with firefox, everything works fine. But if I open my product info site with Internet explorer, the main image does not appear. It seems as if there is no picture for that product, but there is one. It just does not show up. The additional pictures show up as supposed. If I enlarge them, the main picture appears in the Popup, too. It just does not appear on the product info page.

Any ideas?

Second problem:

If I click on the main image on the product info site, it just shows the enlarged image in a new tab with a white background, no popup and no additional images. If I click on the additional image, the popup with both, additional image and main image shows up.

Any ideas?

I hope you guys have some Ideas for me and I'll really appriciate your help!

Thanks, Max

I think both issues are related. My guess is you have not merged the code correctly. Look at the section between lines 168-207 in the product_info.php file included with the package.

If you have changed the settings in the admin > configuration > additional images, you may want to reset those to the defaults before debugging the code. You can reset the configuration using the Database Configuration Utility (link is on the right side of the admin > Catalog > Additional Images page.

your english is fine, if you didn't mention that, I wouldn't have guessed. B)

Hi, I download the version V2.1.0 (created on 10/17/2008) and upgrade to this version from V2.0. I was hoping to solve the issue of "+ Added code to reduce the popup image to the size defined in the admin." which was mentioned in this contribution (mentioned at first line). I followed the upgrade instruction but still no luck.

I use image show on product_info with rollover/rollout feature, however the large image "POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH" appears as the image's original size instead of the set size in admin. I set "Use image size restrictions" to TRUE, and set the POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH size to 280 but it still won't use the set size to display on product_info. Anyone can help please?

I read the discussion and understand that to resize the image to the size I want before uploading it is the better way because it'll ensure to display the correct size as well as avoid image distortion. However, many store owners might not know or might not have the software to resize the images before they upload the product images. So any help please? Thank you!!!

Do you know you have to use the utility to resize the images after changing the image size in the admin? admin > Catalog > Additional Images.

Additional images contribution will do the resizing for you. Either by resizing when it is uploaded, or using the utility to do the same to any images existing before the installation.

Do you know you have to use the utility to resize the images after changing the image size in the admin? admin > Catalog > Additional Images.

Additional images contribution will do the resizing for you. Either by resizing when it is uploaded, or using the utility to do the same to any images existing before the installation.

First of all thank you for the reply. The "utility", were you referring to the link under catalog where says "Additional Images Thumbnail Utility"? Sorry I didn't know how to use it. Everytime I click the All Product Image button, it goes to the login page. How can I fix it?

Is this utility for creating thumbnails only? My problem was for the size of the large image. When I rollover on the thumbnails, the size of the large image still appear its original size.

Thanks again!

Edited by minipassat

I think both issues are related. My guess is you have not merged the code correctly. Look at the section between lines 168-207 in the product_info.php file included with the package.

If you have changed the settings in the admin > configuration > additional images, you may want to reset those to the defaults before debugging the code. You can reset the configuration using the Database Configuration Utility (link is on the right side of the admin > Catalog > Additional Images page.

your english is fine, if you didn't mention that, I wouldn't have guessed. B)

Thanks surfalot!

I could fix the problem by looking at these lines. While installing the contribution I, I commented some old code out, instead of deleting it. Now I deleted all the old code and it works :) I must have made a mistake somewhere commenting a line out.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appriciated it :)

PS: I hope "to comment sth. out" is the correct phrase :P

First of all thank you for the reply. The "utility", were you referring to the link under catalog where says "Additional Images Thumbnail Utility"? Sorry I didn't know how to use it. Everytime I click the All Product Image button, it goes to the login page. How can I fix it?

Is this utility for creating thumbnails only? My problem was for the size of the large image. When I rollover on the thumbnails, the size of the large image still appear its original size.

Thanks again!

sorry please let me explain my problem more clearly:

I wasn't sure how to use the utility tool. The page goes to the admin login page everytime when I click the "Display All Product Image" button. And also the utility says "This process is designed to reprocess product images. This will create a thumbnail and medium from the image defined as popup (largest) image. This is best used if you have uploaded new images for products." Is this utility used for creating the thumbnail and medium images?

My problem was the size of the large image. For example, the large size image is 568x500. In admin, i set 100x100 for thumbnail; 200x200 for medium (which seems not being used) and 280x280 for large image. In product_info, when I rollover on the thumbnails, the size of the large image is showing 568x500 instead of 280x280.

Thanks again!

sorry please let me explain my problem more clearly:

I wasn't sure how to use the utility tool. The page goes to the admin login page everytime when I click the "Display All Product Image" button. And also the utility says "This process is designed to reprocess product images. This will create a thumbnail and medium from the image defined as popup (largest) image. This is best used if you have uploaded new images for products." Is this utility used for creating the thumbnail and medium images?

My problem was the size of the large image. For example, the large size image is 568x500. In admin, i set 100x100 for thumbnail; 200x200 for medium (which seems not being used) and 280x280 for large image. In product_info, when I rollover on the thumbnails, the size of the large image is showing 568x500 instead of 280x280.

Thanks again!

if you have the files from the latest 2.1.1 version, there shouldn't be a problem with jumping back to the login screen. If you updated to 2.1.1 already, maybe make sure the files were uploaded to the site

this utility should update the size of the 3 image sizes that 2.1.x manages. that is the thumb, medium, and popup image. All you need to do it make sure the sizes are specified in the image settings admin > configuration > Images

if you have the files from the latest 2.1.1 version, there shouldn't be a problem with jumping back to the login screen. If you updated to 2.1.1 already, maybe make sure the files were uploaded to the site

this utility should update the size of the 3 image sizes that 2.1.x manages. that is the thumb, medium, and popup image. All you need to do it make sure the sizes are specified in the image settings admin > configuration > Images

Hi, I tried upgrading from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 by uploading the files in "1_files_to_upload" folder but i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /home/content/f/c/1/fc1993/html/testingsite/admin_jWnW1818/additional_images.php on line 470

I delete the function in additional_images.php, the error message is gone but when i click the button it still takes me to the login page again. My OSC version is MS2, not RC. What else should I try?? Thanks!

I was satisfied with the current setting with version 2.0.0 except the mouse over size issue. I don't see any major difference between V2.00 and V2.10. I was going to adjust each size manually with photoshop and FTP back to the database. Is there any specific way to just solve the size issue with version V2.0? It'll save me a lot of time doing image editing. Thank you!!

QUOTE (surfalot @ Oct 2 2009, 02:27 AM) if you have the files from the latest 2.1.1 version, there shouldn't be a problem with jumping back to the login screen. If you updated to 2.1.1 already, maybe make sure the files were uploaded to the site

Hi, I tried upgrading from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 by uploading the files in "1_files_to_upload" folder but i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /home/content/f/c/1/fc1993/html/testingsite/admin_jWnW1818/additional_images.php on line 470

I delete the function in additional_images.php, the error message is gone but when i click the button it still takes me to the login page again. My OSC version is MS2, not RC. What else should I try?? Thanks!

you'll want to put that function back, but add this to your admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

////
// Hide form elements
function tep_hide_session_id() {
$string = '';

if (defined('SID') && tep_not_null(SID)) {
$string = tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_name(), tep_session_id());
}
return $string;
}

This is part of the newer osCommerce version. Not sure why you would have the login page and not this.

I was satisfied with the current setting with version 2.0.0 except the mouse over size issue. I don't see any major difference between V2.00 and V2.10. I was going to adjust each size manually with photoshop and FTP back to the database. Is there any specific way to just solve the size issue with version V2.0? It'll save me a lot of time doing image editing. Thank you!!

one of the biggest differences is the management of the popup image. Without v2.1.x, you are managing the popup image size yourself. (sizing it on your pc and uplaoding each)

one of the biggest differences is the management of the popup image. Without v2.1.x, you are managing the popup image size yourself. (sizing it on your pc and uplaoding each)

Thank you! I actually change it back to 2.0 version and resize the images with other software then upload again since i still couldn't figure out the "redirect to login page" issue. I'll try the 2.1 version when i have more time. Thank you for your explanations!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a little isue with additional images and product info, i want the image to show in the topright corner, and the product information starting at the left side. I did manage to do this, but it shows only a coulpe og characters each line(look at the imagelink). How do i make it use all avaible space at the side of the image?

problem.jpg

Hi!

I have a little isue with additional images and product info, i want the image to show in the topright corner, and the product information starting at the left side. I did manage to do this, but it shows only a coulpe og characters each line(look at the imagelink). How do i make it use all avaible space at the side of the image?

Thats strange, it shouldn't be that way. can you PM or post the URL to this so I can see the resulting page code?