• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Like I described an issue here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=1348639

and then replied in the quote below...

My problems are now solved!

"Paypal Logo" infobox contribution caused that problem and when I removed it everything worked fine!

Dunno why but I'm sure it wasn't Additional images bug.

Thanks again for the great Contribution and sorry If I placed my posts in wrong place. I didn't got used to that new style of the forum yet but I will.

I thought the problem was gone, but it didn't. Still, IE shows the picture of some products out of the borders of main page on the right.

Example of working product info page: http://www.coolmodels.gr/microfilou-p-77.html

Example of non-working product info page: http://www.coolmodels.gr/easyflyelectric-p-73.html

Makes me think that only the products with multiple images are shown well...

Thanks for your assistant!

I have done some research and I've found some interesting stuff...

First I think the issue can be found somewhere here...

file: product_info.php

<!-- // BOF: Additional Images -->

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="<?php echo ADDIMAGES_TABLE_ALIGNMENT; ?>"<?php if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { echo ' width="'.($imagemenu->maximagewidth+$extra_window_width).'" height="'.($imagemenu->maximageheight+$extra_window_height).'"'; } ?> style="position: relative;">

<!-- // EOF: Additional Images -->

When I wrote "css position relative internet explore" on google I found a lot of similar issues because of differential handling of css on IE! :angry:

Here you can see what I mean... http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/posi...ve_overflow_ie/

Unfortunately my programming skills are so bad and I can't figure out a solution.

If anyone can give me a hint, I will appreciate it!

Hallo, sorry, if my english is not good, i'm rocdy from indonesia. I have install the additional images ver.2.1.0 and it's running well but i don't know why every font and the display in my website become smaller?? I have problem to read it because it make my eye sick. May be you can try to take a look at www.bnetb-tanahabang.com. Every thing became smaller. help!!!! Are that anything i can do to solve it???

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

I have done some research and I've found some interesting stuff...

First I think the issue can be found somewhere here...

When I wrote "css position relative internet explore" on google I found a lot of similar issues because of differential handling of css on IE! :angry:

Here you can see what I mean... http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/posi...ve_overflow_ie/

Unfortunately my programming skills are so bad and I can't figure out a solution.

If anyone can give me a hint, I will appreciate it!

the style="position: relative;" added in there was suppose to fix issues with IE doing that. try taking that out. any better? It may have something to do with the doctype at the top of the page.

this is default

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

try some alternatives:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Hallo, sorry, if my english is not good, i'm rocdy from indonesia. I have install the additional images ver.2.1.0 and it's running well but i don't know why every font and the display in my website become smaller?? I have problem to read it because it make my eye sick. May be you can try to take a look at www.bnetb-tanahabang.com. Every thing became smaller. help!!!! Are that anything i can do to solve it???

it probably has to do with the item added to the stylesheet.css. looks like this:

/* BOF: Additional Images */
.imagesBoxContents {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
}
/* EOF: Additional Images */

you can change the font size there to something better. Or remove it if you need to.

the style="position: relative;" added in there was suppose to fix issues with IE doing that. try taking that out. any better? It may have something to do with the doctype at the top of the page.

this is default

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

try some alternatives:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

I don't know. I've tried both of the possible fixes but it didn't work. Removing the position style just disappears the image under the page borders. :unsure:

I don't know. I've tried both of the possible fixes but it didn't work. Removing the position style just disappears the image under the page borders. :unsure:

The issue with IE is the table alignment. If we remove it, the table takes up the full width and the text doesn't wrap. Like maybe you have a DIV tag somewhere. try this.

product_info.php find:

<!-- // BOF: Additional Images  -->
	   <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="<?php echo ADDIMAGES_TABLE_ALIGNMENT; ?>"<?php if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { echo ' width="'.($imagemenu->maximagewidth+$extra_window_width).'" height="'.($imagemenu->maximageheight+$extra_window_height).'"'; } ?> style="position: relative;">
<!-- // EOF: Additional Images  -->

change to:

<!-- // BOF: Additional Images  -->
	   <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"<?php if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { echo ' width="'.($imagemenu->maximagewidth+$extra_window_width).'" height="'.($imagemenu->maximageheight+$extra_window_height).'"'; } ?>>
<!-- // EOF: Additional Images  -->

(removing the alignment)

Then just above that add (before the TABLE tag):

<div style="text-align:<?php echo ADDIMAGES_TABLE_ALIGNMENT; ?>; display:block; position: relative;">

Then just below the additional images block is:

</td>
		 </tr>
	   </table>

so just after the end table tag add:

</div>

Edited by surfalot

I've made the changes and the problem didn't fixed. On Firefox only it took the images to the left (was centered before) and nothing on IE (still overflow to the left).

After that I changed from admin section (with the new settings): Product Info: Table alignment left (was center)

and the image now is shown as the Firefox (aligned to the left). But still it has an overflow, like the "buy now" button still overflows...

Thanks for helping me on this!

Many many thanx for his contrib.

One small question, popup page is displayed always in the same tab. When i popup images, and next go back to shop, choose next product and popup again, previous tab i overwritten, what should i change in code, to have new tabs for each popup click?

I've made the changes and the problem didn't fixed. On Firefox only it took the images to the left (was centered before) and nothing on IE (still overflow to the left).

After that I changed from admin section (with the new settings): Product Info: Table alignment left (was center)

and the image now is shown as the Firefox (aligned to the left). But still it has an overflow, like the "buy now" button still overflows...

Thanks for helping me on this!

if you want the AI pic block to be centered with no text wrapping (your original setting) then this should be an easy fix in that just stick with the original code, but remove the table alignment in the product_info image table that AI modified. That should resolve it floating around.

Many many thanx for his contrib.

One small question, popup page is displayed always in the same tab. When i popup images, and next go back to shop, choose next product and popup again, previous tab i overwritten, what should i change in code, to have new tabs for each popup click?

find this in product_info.php

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')

to

window.open(url,'','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')

find this in product_info.php

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
e
ft=150')

to

window.open(url,'','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
e
ft=150')

Thanx a lot, works, perfect!!

if you want the AI pic block to be centered with no text wrapping (your original setting) then this should be an easy fix in that just stick with the original code, but remove the table alignment in the product_info image table that AI modified. That should resolve it floating around.

At last, I've found a solution. I did what you say and I've realized while the images were centered, some tables were wrapped. I've tested setting widths from 100%(original) to 10% and I saw they were fixed. Then I've checked some other products with videos and longer description and soon I've realized that many products were perfectly shown in that way. So, I wrote some empty <br> tags to see what happens. Nothing... then I centered with <center> tag the empty <br> tags and voila! Everything works fine!

I don't understand what is the problem but if it will work in that way, it doesn't mind me.

I feel bad because I'm thinking that it's not an AI issue and I bothered you with this a lot.

Sorry and Thank you for giving me a point to fix it!

it probably has to do with the item added to the stylesheet.css. looks like this:

/* BOF: Additional Images */
.imagesBoxContents {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
}
/* EOF: Additional Images */

you can change the font size there to something better. Or remove it if you need to.

Thank you buddy, for the help. i found something strange with my additional images model, when i start to upload a images, the web site in my admin and my web are turn into small, but when i try to open my web in another computer in out side, it's normal.

And i have a new problem here, when i set my additional images:

Product Info: Product Image Behavior product_info

it's have a warning like this:

Warning: include(includes/languages/german/popup_add_image.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\product_info.php on line 21

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/german/popup_add_image.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\product_info.php on line 21

I just want to try it first with my localhost, after this problem is solve, then i will upload to my web hosting.

Any ide for this case????? thank for the help.

Edited by rocdy

Rocdy

Thank you buddy, for the help. i found something strange with my additional images model, when i start to upload a images, the web site in my admin and my web are turn into small, but when i try to open my web in another computer in out side, it's normal.

And i have a new problem here, when i set my additional images:

Product Info: Product Image Behavior product_info

it's have a warning like this:

Warning: include(includes/languages/german/popup_add_image.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\product_info.php on line 21

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/german/popup_add_image.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\product_info.php on line 21

I just want to try it first with my localhost, after this problem is solve, then i will upload to my web hosting.

Any ide for this case????? thank for the help.

Now i just install the additional images modul one again and i replace the file that i have edit according to the //BOF additional images and //EOF additional images. I'm glad that it's works for the:

Product Info: Product Image Behavior popup

But, when i change it to Product Image Behavior product_info, the warning are not appear again, but the image also disappear. And when i check into the admin it's nothing wrong, the images still can show up in the admin.

I think i'll start to crazy to solve this problem lonely. Help............

oh, my god.. i think my problem can't be solve just by install AI again. When i switch the language from english to German it's also have a warning like this again:

d:'~C ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by rocdy

Rocdy

if images are not appearing, it is most likely a settings issue. Use the configure utility to restore the default settings.

You need to make sure you always copy any changes to the english language files to any other languages you have installed. Holds true for all contribution installs.

if images are not appearing, it is most likely a settings issue. Use the configure utility to restore the default settings.

You need to make sure you always copy any changes to the english language files to any other languages you have installed. Holds true for all contribution installs.

thank for the help, i will try it anyway. by the way why every time when we click the images that the popup image not appear like usually, every popup images in new taps will restore down the firefox window, and every time i must maximize. In my experience that every popup images should take place in a news taps or windows without restore down main page.

Rocdy

ok, thank surfalot for your contributions. i just copying all file in my /admin/inludes/languages/english and paste into /admin/includes/languages/german, the warning have solve. i think i really start to falling in love with this forums.

now i'm still trying to find a way out to show the images when "Product Info:Product Image Behavior" set to "product_info". The images still can't appear. any one can help?

Rocdy

hi all.

mod installed and working fine, and modified to add a side scroll bar to the pop up window (but i cant remember what file i changed, it was a long time ago)

im not sure if i can do what i want, and if i can im not sure what files to edit.

when i re size my pictures in photoshop, i have a standard large picture size of 750px by whatever it works out to (maintaining aspect ratio).

the problem that i have run into is if i upload a picture that is 750px by say 1247px, the pop up box is so large (tall) that it is larger than the screen and the bottom of the pop up box is off the bottom of the screen.

this means that when the user scrolls down with the scroll bar, they dont get to see the other pictures they can choose to look at in the pop up window as they are off the bottom of the screen.

so....how and where do i limit the size (height) of the pop up window to the size of the browser window when it wants to display a tall image.

the full image will still be viewable via the scroll bar, and the other images will be able to be viewed and selected when the user gets to the bottom of the window.

if the height has to be fixed to something like 800px, then thats fine as the user can manually re size the window, and then use the scroll bar. not as elegant as doing it automatically, but i can live with that as a fix.

its probably something simple that i have missed, but i havnt looked at the osc or mod code for over a year now, and my design notes seem to have got lost in the house move.

any help gratefully appreciated.

ok, thank surfalot for your contributions. i just copying all file in my /admin/inludes/languages/english and paste into /admin/includes/languages/german, the warning have solve. i think i really start to falling in love with this forums.

now i'm still trying to find a way out to show the images when "Product Info:Product Image Behavior" set to "product_info". The images still can't appear. any one can help?

if you have refreshed the settings as I described above, and the image block does not appear when the behavior is product_info, the best advice I can offer is to revisit the install and look for something you didn't get installed.

so....how and where do i limit the size (height) of the pop up window to the size of the browser window when it wants to display a tall image.

the window is sized via javascript in the popup_add_images.php. The following code is what sizes the window.

imgWidth = <?php echo $imagemenu->maximagewidth; ?>+<?php echo $extra_window_width; ?>;
 imgHeight = <?php echo $imagemenu->maximageheight; ?>+<?php echo $extra_window_height; ?>-i;
 var width = screen.width;
 var height = screen.height;
 var leftpos = width / 2 - imgWidth / 2;
 var toppos = height / 2 - imgHeight / 2;
 window.moveTo(leftpos, toppos);

if (document.getElementById("mainimage")) window.resizeTo(<?php echo (!empty($imagemenu->maximagewidth)?$imagemenu->maximagewidth:'document.getElementById("mainimage").width'); ?>+<?php echo $extra_window_width; ?>, <?php echo (!empty($imagemenu->maximageheight)?$imagemenu->maximageheight:'document.getElementById("mainimage").height'); ?>+<?php echo $extra_window_height; ?>-i);

if you change the last line to something like this, it will resize the popup to the screen size:

if (document.getElementById("mainimage")) window.resizeTo(screen.width, screen.height);

doh....i must have looked at just about every file with popup in the name bar this one.

many thanks surfalot.

i added the mod as suggested, but found that the width was too much and the descriptive text for the images ended up alongside the picture instead of underneath it.

its a simple fix to combine the original code and the changed code so that the width is set by the image, and the height is set by the screen height.

here is the mod

if (document.getElementById("mainimage")) window.resizeTo(<?php echo (!empty($imagemenu->maximagewidth)?$imagemenu->maximagewidth:'document.getElementById("mainimage").width'); ?>+<?php echo $extra_window_width; ?>, screen.height);

all fixed now.

again, thanks surfalot.

Edited by pamelasplayroom

Hi

I'm a newbie to OSC and have just installed the additional images contribution.

Configuration seems OK but I get this error when I try to edit a product.

1146 - Table 'ecomtool_ecomtools1.TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES' doesn't exist

SELECT additional_images_id, medium_images, popup_images, thumb_images, images_description FROM TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES where products_id = '33'

[TEP STOP]

This is where I am when this happens - http://www.ecomtools.co.uk/catalog/admin/c...ath=&pID=33

I've looked at the database in phpMyAdmin and a table called additional_images is there.

Sorry its such a vague question but I have no experience of this. Any help / ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks............Ken