• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

I'm looking for a contribution that will let me display the productpage for Product A and:

1) show picture and description of product A and larger picture popup window when clicked upon

2) show pictures of its components 1, 2, 3 and 4, with catalog numbers and larger picture popup window when clicked upon.

It would be better even if the components would be grouped on the productpage for Product A:

1) show picture and description of product A and larger popup window picture when clicked upon

2a) show group XX with pictures of its components (1 and 4), with catalog numbers and larger picture popup window when clicked upon.

2b) show group YY with pictures of its components (2 and 3), with catalog numbers and larger picture popup window when clicked upon.

The components (1, 2, 3 and 4) will not be selectable in a prior stage of the checkout process. Ofcourse those components are products too and will be available for customers

Will the Additional Images Module enable me to do that and if not, does anyone know a contribution that will enable me to do that?

Thanks!

scenario A, should do it. Scenario B, doubtful you'll find a contribution setup to group multiple images in a product in any way. sounds too specific to me, but I'm not following you completely there anyway.

as wotsupdoc mentioned, recheck your integration. I'm thinking product_info.php. I might have a better idea if I could see an example. PM me a link to a product you are sure you have several additional image attached.

Have you messed with the

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

at the top of your pages?

PS: reread the II. Support section of the install docs about your impatience for a reply ;)

It's not impatience, well, yes it is, but that's just that i'm having a deadline and need to get things done real fast now.

I have made all the alterations, did all the checks with the commparisation programm's beyond compare 2 to be honest.

I did not messed with the header line...

That's the reason i don't get it, i did re-install the contrib 4 times now, and still have the same problem......

I'm beginning to feel dumb here....

--

HoLy007

P.s.

Thanks for your reply tho

No, that does not seem to help, I am still having it save it as a funky filepath

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

/var/tmp/phpFevjj5

what are the permissions on the file you are trying to overwrite?

If you manually delete the file via ftp and add a new product does it work OK?

if you use the following code instead, do you get an error about it was unable to delete the file?

if (file_exists($dir_fs_catalog_images_wrk.$thumb)) {
 unlink($dir_fs_catalog_images_wrk.$thumb);
}

what if you add

exit;

just after that code (cause the script to abort), then check your file with ftp, was it being deleted by the code? or is it still there?

It's not impatience, well, yes it is, but that's just that i'm having a deadline and need to get things done real fast now.

I have made all the alterations, did all the checks with the commparisation programm's beyond compare 2 to be honest.

I did not messed with the header line...

That's the reason i don't get it, i did re-install the contrib 4 times now, and still have the same problem......

I'm beginning to feel dumb here....

--

HoLy007

P.s.

Thanks for your reply tho

did you see the reply to the other person have this problem and did you check your setting?

what are the permissions on the file you are trying to overwrite?

If you manually delete the file via ftp and add a new product does it work OK?

if you use the following code instead, do you get an error about it was unable to delete the file?

}

what if you add

exit;

just after that code (cause the script to abort), then check your file with ftp, was it being deleted by the code? or is it still there?

When i use the code above I get a blank page when trying to delete an image. Im not sure waht you mean by overwriting files...

When I use the code:

}

nothing different happnes.

When i delete a file with ftp and then upload it again it works. It just wont work if i try to use the same file for more than one product......

My images folder and sub image folders are chmod 777

When i use the code above I get a blank page when trying to delete an image. Im not sure waht you mean by overwriting files...

When I use the code:

}

nothing different happnes.

When i delete a file with ftp and then upload it again it works. It just wont work if i try to use the same file for more than one product......

My images folder and sub image folders are chmod 777

what is the permissions on the file specifically.

the blank page is expected. the purpose of the new code is to delete the file before uploading it. you are suppose to check to see if the file was deleted after that adding the exit; statement. did it?

use this code:

}
echo $dir_fs_catalog_images_wrk.$thumb.'<br>';
 echo "file was not deleted";
 }
exit;

post your output with the permissions on the file you are uploading/trying to replace.

Edited by surfalot

scenario A, should do it. Scenario B, doubtful you'll find a contribution setup to group multiple images in a product in any way. sounds too specific to me, but I'm not following you completely there anyway.

This is a mockup of what I mean to accomplish:

Engl07.jpg

And I also dont expect to find a contribution that will enable me to sort the components into their respective categories (yearn and beads), but it would be nice, but I'm afraid that will be too specific, just like you said, surfalot. And I don't want to hand-code the PHP code, I will stay with existing contributions

I'm happy with the news that it should be possible with scenario A (as is illustrated with the picture, but just not grouped into yearns and beads) That is, if I understand that surfalot has understood me correctly

Thanks for answering so quickly

Edited by wotsupdoc

Yes, time pressure can be a real bummer.

Never make promises you can't keep, and with OSC contributions that means never make promises until you have installed and thorougly tested every contribution, and then still things can go up shoot creek when you go live, especially if you use payment modules........

If it's one thing I learned during my limited experience with OSC, it is that things can go wrong at the last moment, leaving you clueless how to get your issues fixed (and no-one answering your posts)

After fiddling with OSC and STS for a month and a half I gave it a rest for 3 months, started from scratch, after 2 more clean installations it finally worked. Drove me bunkers, though.

I suppose you're familiar with Murphy's law.......

Anyway, I'd recommend a clean install of OSC, latest stable version and then install the Additional Images Module if you haven't done so already. That should rule out all compatibility issues with other contribs.

Then add another indespensible contribution, test your shop thorougly, add contrib, test.....etc.

Good luck!

what is the permissions on the file specifically.

the blank page is expected. the purpose of the new code is to delete the file before uploading it. you are suppose to check to see if the file was deleted after that adding the exit; statement. did it?

use this code:

}
echo $dir_fs_catalog_images_wrk.$thumb.'<br>';
 echo "file was not deleted";
 }
exit;

post your output with the permissions on the file you are uploading/trying to replace.

Ok so i added that code. Then when i try to upload a picture that is already uploaded i get this message on a white page

"/home/grunionf/public_html/images/products/products_image"

that images are set to 777

Ok so i added that code. Then when i try to upload a picture that is already uploaded i get this message on a white page

what is the name of the file you are uploading?

also, did you check to see if that image was deleted after that last upload?

scratch that !!

try this..

open /catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php

find:

if (move_uploaded_file($this->file['tmp_name'], $this->destination . $this->filename)) {

just before, add:

if (file_exists($this->destination . $this->filename)) {
  @unlink($this->destination . $this->filename);
}

scratch that !!

try this..

open /catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php

find:

if (move_uploaded_file($this->file['tmp_name'], $this->destination . $this->filename)) {

just before, add:

if (file_exists($this->destination . $this->filename)) {
  @unlink($this->destination . $this->filename);
}

I dont think that did anything......

did you want me to keep the script on the general file also? (thanks for your help by the way...)

I dont think that did anything......

did you want me to keep the script on the general file also? (thanks for your help by the way...)

no, remove the previous test stuff.

(don't think ??) so that last sugestion didn't help either?

Edited by surfalot

no, remove the previous test stuff.

(don't think ??) so that last sugestion didn't help either?

No :-( I dont think it did anything at all.

This is really not a huge deal.... It would be nice for it to work at some point but in the meantime i can always change the picture names.... I do have some other problem that needs attention if you are smart with code :-) lol

I'm really hoping someone can help me on this. I am installing the additional images v2.0.0, and I'm following the install instructions but can't get past step B.

I created the directories and copied all the files in step A. When I go to step B which is to go to the URL http://mydomain.com/admin/additional_images_configure.php (Using my URL instead of mydomain) I get the login window, I enter my id and password, but then get the error that "The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

The file the directions call for in step B was put into another directory per step A. Someone please help me on this, and thanks in advance for any help you provide.

Also, being new to this site, please let me know if I am doing the right thing here, or if I should be asking for help somewhere else. Thanks.

I'm really hoping someone can help me on this. I am installing the additional images v2.0.0, and I'm following the install instructions but can't get past step B.

I created the directories and copied all the files in step A. When I go to step B which is to go to the URL http://mydomain.com/admin/additional_images_configure.php (Using my URL instead of mydomain) I get the login window, I enter my id and password, but then get the error that "The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

The file the directions call for in step B was put into another directory per step A. Someone please help me on this, and thanks in advance for any help you provide.

Also, being new to this site, please let me know if I am doing the right thing here, or if I should be asking for help somewhere else. Thanks.

Where is your admin section?

http://yourdomain/ ??? is it under catalog/admin?

Yes this is the correct place ot post this...

I have 2 admin directories. One is right under my domain, and the other is under catalog. The files were put under the catalog/admin, so I tried going to http://www.mydomain/catalog/admin/addition...s_configure.php and it doesn't work. It takes me to a blank page and says done

Not sure if that answers your question (hoping).

The directions for Step A said:

The files you upload are in the /1_files_to_upload/ directory. These files

are unique to this package and will not overwrite any of your changes:

/catalog/admin/includes/classes/alterimage.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_images_add.gif

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_images_del.gif

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/additional_images.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/additional_images_configure.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images_configure.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images_popup.php

/catalog/includes/classes/displayimages.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/popup_add_image.php

/catalog/popup_add_image.php

Step B says:

Now enter the following in your web browser, replacing "mydomain.com" with your domain.

http://www.mydomain.com/admin/additional_i...s_configure.php

You should see the Additional Images Configuration Utility. It should list some

configuration options in the color red, meaning they have not been installed.

Make sure that "Normal Update" is selected and click

the "Run Configuration Utility" button.

Well this doesn't go anywhere, and I get:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Hi there! actually i am having a problem installing the Additionl Image Module. as i have allready installed the Availability1.0 and is working fine.

but wheni tried to change the code "Files 2 Compare" i found that Availability code is on the same line. Well the point i am askin is can i install both contribution at the same time? and how?

Sorry if somebody consider it lame but i am a bit new to this so your help will be most appriciated.

Thanks

I have 2 admin directories. One is right under my domain, and the other is under catalog. The files were put under the catalog/admin, so I tried going to http://www.mydomain/catalog/admin/addition...s_configure.php and it doesn't work. It takes me to a blank page and says done

Not sure if that answers your question (hoping).

The directions for Step A said:

The files you upload are in the /1_files_to_upload/ directory. These files

are unique to this package and will not overwrite any of your changes:

/catalog/admin/includes/classes/alterimage.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_images_add.gif

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_images_del.gif

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/additional_images.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/additional_images_configure.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images_configure.php

/catalog/admin/additional_images_popup.php

/catalog/includes/classes/displayimages.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/popup_add_image.php

/catalog/popup_add_image.php

Step B says:

Now enter the following in your web browser, replacing "mydomain.com" with your domain.

http://www.mydomain.com/admin/additional_i...s_configure.php

You should see the Additional Images Configuration Utility. It should list some

configuration options in the color red, meaning they have not been installed.

Make sure that "Normal Update" is selected and click

the "Run Configuration Utility" button.

Well this doesn't go anywhere, and I get:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Why do you have two seperate admin sections? Are they both related to oscommerce? My guess would be that the admin pages that you were supposed to upload did not upload correctly. have you checked your server to make sure they are in the correct place?

looks like you may have the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" setting enabled in your configuration. As it says, still in development and is not supported by many contributions. Most have abandoned it. I believe SEO URLs contribution works with this contribution and is much better for that purpose.

Yes, that will be it. Thanks for your help.

I've now taken the javascript hover-on-thumbnails route rather than use popups. This changes the main product image to whatever thumbnail you hover over. Looks quite cool! :)

Ive got some small errors with my install of this contrib that I hope someone can help me sort.

First one is that when it creates the path for my folders it suggests the directory structure in the wrong order.

ie, say i have Product-A in Sub-Cat-2 which is under Main-cat-1 the path for the images should be images/products/Main-cat-1/Sub-Cat-2/Product-A.jpg

instead it gives me images/products/Sub-Cat-2/Main-cat-1/Product-A.jpg

Any reason it would be doing that? if it carries on like that Ill have loads of sub categories in my product folder, each one having the main category folder inside it containing an image.

Second problem is that when it creates a folder it does so using a file permission where I can't access it using ftp or even my filemanager in my plesk control pannel. rwx --- --- is the permissions it gives the folders, This also happens if I create my own folder in filemanager first. then upload an image using additional images, the contrib changes the permissions.

My last problem is that I have quite a few images with long names as they all contain the product reference code followed by the product name, This contrib will not store an image name in the database with names anything over 17 characters, if the name is over that i.e RH-S016-GRAB-RAIL-STEP.jpg it will create an image name in the database called RH-S016-GRAB-RAIL- without a .jpg on the end, so when I look through my site I get loads of broken image links as that image dosnt exist.

Any help on those would be very very gratefully recieved :P

thanks

I've worked out why the image name is cropped in the database.

It's due to the type being set as varchar(64).

This means if you have say products/main cat name/sub cat name/product name it could quite easily be above the 64 length.

What would you advise I increase the value to?