• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

I also tried adding a new product with the automatic 3 sizes enabled. I received the message that the /product, /product/category, etc. folders were created correctly (which they were). It also stated that the medium image was created correctly, which it was.

However, the small thumb was not created and it didn't give me any errors about it. However, in the admin when you click on the product to edit it, it shows that the thumbnail is set to:

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

/home/users/web/b1455/pow.electrovation/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/phpow

php vers?

php globals (on/off)?

MySQL vers?

php GD vers?

windowz or linux?

web server? and vers?

I am also having the same problem and Its driving me crazy. It started when I moved my files from the catalog folder to root.

Here is my info:

php version 4.4.6

php globals on

mysql version 4.1.21-standard-log

Running Linux

The server is running APACHE 1.3.37 (Unix)

I'm not sure where to find my PHP GD version...

My global variables have been working up until now, I'm not sure where exactly I go to check the status.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

thanks a lot for a response - my english is horrible

i have soved my problem with the thumb sizes at this way

so i have renamed SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH to AD_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH ...

and define('AD_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH', '60'); in my language product_info.php

because i need a another size in other views

i will have the additional images thumns sized to 60 x 60px

and the rest of the small thumbs (in product listing or new products box)

hope thats okay :blush:

sadly i have still the old problem to create thumbs

...please can someone see behind the curtain

i still dont know how to create the thumbs at the best way

here you can see that my first thumb image have the right size --> 60 x 60px

and the other two thumb images are shown in product info as 60 x 60px

but in truth they are --> 400 x 400px

that´s total mysterious ...

Thanks a bomb!

Edited by truelovestore_en

Everyone,

First thanks so much to all the contributors - this module is by far the best I have encountered for images on OSC.

It's good that very skilled people are generous enough to share their talents with others.

My question is simple - does anyone know whether the sampling quality of the thumbnails/display images can be increased? I don't want to change the dimensions of the display image but I do want to increase its quality if possible, without having to manually do it myself (one of the great attractions of this module is that it automatically resamples the images).

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Costas.

I forgot to mention in my above post that my error message is slightly different than the previous posters. My error message is: "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

/tmp/phpbFUIMF"

I would appreciate any help.

Sorry for so many posts, I just relized the tmp/phpbfuimf probably has nothing to do with the problem. I beleive the problem to be the pointer to the image is broken. The error message is basically that there is no image in products/jam-and-jelly/jambignew.jpg as an example. However there is an image named jambignew.jpg in products, jam-and-jelly. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this.

Again sorry for so many posts. I'm very new at this.

Sorry for so many posts, I just relized the tmp/phpbfuimf probably has nothing to do with the problem. I beleive the problem to be the pointer to the image is broken. The error message is basically that there is no image in products/jam-and-jelly/jambignew.jpg as an example. However there is an image named jambignew.jpg in products, jam-and-jelly. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this.

Again sorry for so many posts. I'm very new at this.

Its not letting me edit, it says I dont have the permission even though I'm logged in so I must post one last time.

I found the solution to be to turn of auto-generate images and just upload each individually. Not sure why auto-generate is giving problems but it is not big deal since I can now work around it.

Resolve: tep_catname_to_dir error

For everyone getting error: Call to undefined function: tep_catname_to_dir()

You must add following line to admin/includes/functions/general.php:

if ( !function_exists(tep_catname_to_dir) ) {
 function tep_catname_to_dir($catname) {
   return strtolower(str_replace(' ','-',preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\s]/", "", $catname)));
 }
}

that shouldn't be necessary if the following was correctly inserted into admin/categories.php near the top.

// BOF: Additional Images
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'alterimage.php');
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'additional_images.php');
 // EOF: Additional Images

if some are still having trouble with this, find this in /admin/includes/functions/additional_images.php

if ( !function_exists(tep_catname_to_dir) ) {
   return strtolower(str_replace(' ','-',preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9\s]/", "", $catname)));
 }
  }

replace with:

if ( !function_exists('tep_catname_to_dir') ) {
}
 }

Edited by surfalot

if the tep_image give a full link , then there is certainly a way to create a copy of this function that doesnt add all the url or path for this image,

as i told you in private image , im trying to use your contribution + some work done by image magic for various advanced reason, i hope that you don't think it s too much off topic

like I said....

if you wish to create another function to facilitate this modification, sounds like you are on the right track to solve your own problem. :thumbsup:

Im having a little trouble with mine..

The contribution creates the folders in the images folder based on the category names etc under where the product is but instead of putting the images in there it just dumps them into the images folder root. Anyone know ehy it creates the corect folders but dosnt put the images in there?

Also when creating the images it dosn't resize my popup image, it just uses the origional image. Even though in my configuration - additional images in admin I have the following:

Automatically create 3 image set true

Use image size restrictions true

An in configuration - Images in admin I have the following:

Calculate Image Size true

Popup Image Width 300

Popup Image Height 300

Anyone know the reason behind my two problems.. ??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

it creates the folders, but doesn't put the images in them? how odd. I haven't see that problem before. can you give me some server specs? PHP vers? PHP globals on/off? is SuExec installed (ask host)? PHP GD vers? Win or Linux OS?

on your second issue, yes, the code doesn't size the popup image. You need to upload the large image in the size you want it to be. Future release.

Edited by surfalot

Hi!

I think this is really a great contrib! However, I have a small problem with it:

My problem looks like this:

I have Auto-generate images ON.

If I have a product without an image in my database, and then I add an image (say: img.jpg) everything works great: in Products table I get:

products_image : products/category/subcategory/imgs.jpg, products_image_med : products/category/subcategory/imgm.jpg, products_image_pop : products/category/subcategory/img.jpg

This is perfect.

However problems come if I want to add an image while creating a new product and I do something wrong:

i.e.: I get an error if I forget to specify manufacturer and then I go back to the product page and try to edit it again. then I have this as a result in my database table 'product':

products_image : C:WINDOWSTEMPphp25A.tmp, products_image_med : NULL, products_image_pop : products/category/subcategory/img.jpg

The same thing happens if the img.jpg file had been already added (either in another product, or as a result of doing a mistake, or when adding an image first with Auto-generate images OFF and then turning it ON)

1. I wonder how are the Images generated, in which file?

2. Where are the images added to table products (in which file?)

3. How do I turn on debugging mode?

4. Is there a way to check, if the file of a specyfic name had been already added to the system (and is therefore casing a problem), and if so delete it (or let the user choose to delete it?)

ps. I'm using this for now on my test site on Windows platform. I'm using PHP5, MySQL5, Apache2. I have a few contribs already installed: Register Globals Off, Easy Populate, Qty Pro, Featured Products, Header Tags, Extra Products Fields, News Desk, CSSMenu - but I don't thing any of those should have significant meaning...

I don't want to start a new thread because this problem seems similar to mine...

I am not getting additional_images_configure.php to do anything at all. I am following the install instructions and have added the correct (additional) files. When I hit "Run Configuration Utility", the page reloads but all the information is the same:

Configuration Group "Additional Images" does not exist.

Configuration Group "Images" exists.

Checking for items...

Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH" does not exist.

Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT" does not exist.

Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH" does not exist.

Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT" does not exist.

Checking for Tables...

Table "additional_images" was not found.

Checking for Columns...

Column "products_image_med" not found in Table "products".

Column "products_image_pop" not found in Table "products".

Column "products_image_description" not found in Table "products".

Table "additional_images" was not found, column check not performed.

Any information -- a link to a resolution for this -- any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. I've tried searching and I can't find the answer. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I am usually using the OsCommerce French Forum but after installing that contribution I really need some help.

I didn't manage to make it work so I have been trying to desinstall it by putting back online the backups of the web pages and the database which I saved before installing it.

The problem is that now I have an error message and I can't understand where the problem is.

You can see it Here

It says :

1146 - Table 'natureut_boutique.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist

select featured_id from TABLE_FEATURED where status = '1' and now() >= expires_date and expires_date > 0

[TEP STOP]

Could you please help me, I am not really familiar with databases and I am scared to make mistakes. :blink:

Thank you very much.

Christel

Great contribution! I'm wondering if there is a way to use the thumb images on the product page, instead of the medium ones. I think it looks strange to have 3 images along the bottom, and the main one up top, and for them all to be the same size. I would like to use the smaller thumbnails along the bottom, and only have the main pic be the only meduim size. When I "click to enlarge" it uses the thumbs on the bottom of the popup window...How can I make it look like that on my product info page? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

hi, im having a problem with installing this contribution i was wondering if you might be able to help.

i've updated all the files using beyond compare and uploaded all the other files straight without any modifications

ive also updated the database as instructed.

but i'm getting the following error

FILE: product_info.pgp

ERROR:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: displayimages in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mattyroots.com/httpdocs/rootsman/product_info.php on line 143

LIVE FILE:

http://www.mattyroots.com/rootsman/product...?products_id=29

if anyone's seen a similar problem or knows where this relates to i'd really appreciate your help.

thanks alot

tom

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone here has had any success in installing the "Multiple Categories per product" (last updated by stu2000) in conjuction with Additional Images? It's an excellent contribution that allows a product to appear in more than one category:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1537

I unfortunately haven't been able to run "Additional Images" with "Multiple Categories per product" at same time and wondering if anyone else had tried to do the same.

Thanks,

Awbrys

I just installed this contribution and am getting the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_seo_url() in /home/grunionf/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 718

On the product edit page.

Obviously it is conflicting with the SEO URLS and i dont really know how to figure out what the error is from. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks.

Ok i got the above error taken care of but now I am having another fatal error after I try to upload an additional image:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: upload_quiet in /home/grunionf/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1672

Anyone have any ideas? My store is heavily modified and the general.php and categories.php files were very difficult to modify as I dont really know how to use winmerge very well to merge both files together....

Hi!

I think this is really a great contrib! However, I have a small problem with it:

My problem looks like this:

I have Auto-generate images ON.

If I have a product without an image in my database, and then I add an image (say: img.jpg) everything works great: in Products table I get:

products_image : products/category/subcategory/imgs.jpg, products_image_med : products/category/subcategory/imgm.jpg, products_image_pop : products/category/subcategory/img.jpg

This is perfect.

However problems come if I want to add an image while creating a new product and I do something wrong:

i.e.: I get an error if I forget to specify manufacturer and then I go back to the product page and try to edit it again. then I have this as a result in my database table 'product':

products_image : C:WINDOWSTEMPphp25A.tmp, products_image_med : NULL, products_image_pop : products/category/subcategory/img.jpg

The same thing happens if the img.jpg file had been already added (either in another product, or as a result of doing a mistake, or when adding an image first with Auto-generate images OFF and then turning it ON)

1. I wonder how are the Images generated, in which file?

2. Where are the images added to table products (in which file?)

3. How do I turn on debugging mode?

4. Is there a way to check, if the file of a specyfic name had been already added to the system (and is therefore casing a problem), and if so delete it (or let the user choose to delete it?)

ps. I'm using this for now on my test site on Windows platform. I'm using PHP5, MySQL5, Apache2. I have a few contribs already installed: Register Globals Off, Easy Populate, Qty Pro, Featured Products, Header Tags, Extra Products Fields, News Desk, CSSMenu - but I don't thing any of those should have significant meaning...

AI hasn't been behaving the same on windows machines. there are some commands used that are not supported on the windows PHP system. I will look into that, no promisses on how soon. thanks for the feedback.

I don't want to start a new thread because this problem seems similar to mine...

I am not getting additional_images_configure.php to do anything at all. I am following the install instructions and have added the correct (additional) files. When I hit "Run Configuration Utility", the page reloads but all the information is the same:

Configuration Group "Additional Images" does not exist.

Configuration Group "Images" exists.

Checking for items...

Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH" does not exist.

Configuration Key "DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT" does not exist.

Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH" does not exist.

Configuration Key "POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT" does not exist.

Checking for Tables...

Table "additional_images" was not found.

Checking for Columns...

Column "products_image_med" not found in Table "products".

Column "products_image_pop" not found in Table "products".

Column "products_image_description" not found in Table "products".

Table "additional_images" was not found, column check not performed.

Any information -- a link to a resolution for this -- any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. I've tried searching and I can't find the answer. Thank you in advance.

some details about your environment would help resolve the issue. Window/Linux?, PHP ver?, PHP globals on/off?, PHP errors on/off? (talk with your host)

Hi,

I am usually using the OsCommerce French Forum but after installing that contribution I really need some help.

I didn't manage to make it work so I have been trying to desinstall it by putting back online the backups of the web pages and the database which I saved before installing it.

The problem is that now I have an error message and I can't understand where the problem is.

You can see it Here

It says :

Could you please help me, I am not really familiar with databases and I am scared to make mistakes. :blink:

Thank you very much.

Christel

this is probably too-little, too-late, but looks like a table definition for your featured products contribution is missing. look through that install for the missing entry to your includes/database_tables.php file (I think). :'(

Great contribution! I'm wondering if there is a way to use the thumb images on the product page, instead of the medium ones. I think it looks strange to have 3 images along the bottom, and the main one up top, and for them all to be the same size. I would like to use the smaller thumbnails along the bottom, and only have the main pic be the only meduim size. When I "click to enlarge" it uses the thumbs on the bottom of the popup window...How can I make it look like that on my product info page? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

there should be enough configuration items setup in the admin -> configuration -> additional images to do what you need, if I'm understanding your correctly.

hi, im having a problem with installing this contribution i was wondering if you might be able to help.

i've updated all the files using beyond compare and uploaded all the other files straight without any modifications

ive also updated the database as instructed.

but i'm getting the following error

FILE: product_info.pgp

ERROR:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: displayimages in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mattyroots.com/httpdocs/rootsman/product_info.php on line 143

LIVE FILE:

http://www.mattyroots.com/rootsman/product...?products_id=29

if anyone's seen a similar problem or knows where this relates to i'd really appreciate your help.

thanks alot

tom

sounds like you didn't upload all the class files, recheck the contribution for files you missed.

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone here has had any success in installing the "Multiple Categories per product" (last updated by stu2000) in conjuction with Additional Images? It's an excellent contribution that allows a product to appear in more than one category:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1537

I unfortunately haven't been able to run "Additional Images" with "Multiple Categories per product" at same time and wondering if anyone else had tried to do the same.

Thanks,

Awbrys

I can't think of any issues with products being in multiple cats. What problems are you finding?

Ok i got the above error taken care of but now I am having another fatal error after I try to upload an additional image:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: upload_quiet in /home/grunionf/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1672

Anyone have any ideas? My store is heavily modified and the general.php and categories.php files were very difficult to modify as I dont really know how to use winmerge very well to merge both files together....

even if you don't know what it is, finding it shouldn't be difficult. I use a tool call Search & Replace. or you can use the windows search to find "upload_quiet".

you will find it is used in these two files. you must have missed the additions in one of them. I suspect it's the upload.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php