• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Excellent contrib! I've installed it on a new/clean site and everything worked perfectly. I just finished installing it on my slightly modified site and I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: alterimage in /home3/robinofa/public_html/homes/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1523

I'm presuming that I've missed a bit of code somewhere. Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction so I dont spend hours upon hours searching.

Thanks a bunch. And once again, an amazing contrib

Cheers,

Shane

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: alterimage in /home3/robinofa/public_html/homes/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1523

Nevermind, figured it out: Forgot the require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'alterimage.php'); in admin/categories.php

Nevermind, figured it out: Forgot the require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'alterimage.php'); in admin/categories.php

One other problem - it seems I'm getting a double product listing table. As in, I click on a category and the product listing table shows up twice. I've been over all the code and nothing is jumping out at me. Any suggestions?

its a bug in the base osCommerce. you can fix it with this change to the Additional Images code.

look in admin/categories.php for: (two places)

$category_path_pieces = explode(' > ',tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id));
	  foreach ($category_path_pieces as $tkey => $piece) {
		$category_path_pieces[$tkey] = tep_catname_to_dir($piece);
	  }

replace with: (both times)

$category_path_pieces_tmp = explode(' > ',tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id));
	  $category_path_pieces = array();
	  for ($i=sizeof($category_path_pieces_tmp)-1; $i >= 0; $i--) {
		$category_path_pieces[] = tep_catname_to_dir($category_path_pieces_tmp[$i]);
	  }

thanks , todd. it works ! and solve my problem. Thanks for help!!

One other problem - it seems I'm getting a double product listing table. As in, I click on a category and the product listing table shows up twice. I've been over all the code and nothing is jumping out at me. Any suggestions?

Once again, nevermind. After a good nights sleep I realised it was some misplaced code in the /includes/classess/boxes.php file :-"

Once again, nevermind. After a good nights sleep I realised it was some misplaced code in the /includes/classess/boxes.php file :-"

Glad I could help, stop in anytime! :lol:

Hi,

it dos not help, i can only upload one image...

unbenanntdk8.jpg

what can i do ?

Thank you

yes, you can only upload one image on the product edit page. the rest are added from the product "list" page in the admin where it shows the summary or preview of the product. (the place where you click "edit" to start editing the product)

this is the quote from the getting started section that should have help you find this:

One-step-back from the Product edit page is the product/catagory list pages.

when you have a product selected, the right side tab will show the product summary

and a button to add an additional image.

Hi,

thank you,

first i dont understand this:

After a successful install the product edit page and the product/category list

pages should show features for the Additional Images. On the Product edit page

you will now see 3 product image upload locations. These are for the primary or

default image with every product. You must fill this image location first for

every product before adding additional images.

One-step-back from the Product edit page is the product/catagory list pages.

when you have a product selected, the right side tab will show the product summary

and a button to add an additional image.

now i see i can use more pics, i can update unlimited pics :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Thank you !!!!!

edit: i see i must learn better english. if i can read i can use... ;)

Edited by paulchen2005

Anyone get this to play nicely with the content page for STS4.4 yet?

not that I know of. I worked it out for v4.2 with More Pics. You can look at that contrib for an example of areas that need attention.

Edited by surfalot

Thanks for the fantastic contribution.

I previously had integrated the contribution of "SEO URLS", and "featured products". they works fine.

In order to try your contribution, i installed another plain store, and apply your contribution, i really like it a lot. However, when i apply this " osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's" contribution to the trial site. The additional images do not come out already.

Can you please help to clarify what is the problem?

This is the contribution that i applied.

osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's

What does this script do?

This script will change URLS link this http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

into URLs like this http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

My current test site is http://www.matchandtrade.com/test/

Hope to hear from you soon.

REgards,

ss

Thanks for the fantastic contribution.

I previously had integrated the contribution of "SEO URLS", and "featured products". they works fine.

In order to try your contribution, i installed another plain store, and apply your contribution, i really like it a lot. However, when i apply this " osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's" contribution to the trial site. The additional images do not come out already.

Can you please help to clarify what is the problem?

This is the contribution that i applied.

osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's

What does this script do?

This script will change URLS link this http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

into URLs like this http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

My current test site is http://www.matchandtrade.com/test/

Hope to hear from you soon.

REgards,

ss

sorry, I don't have a clue. any SEO URL contribution shouldn't be playing in the same code. You would be best off using a contribution something like Ultimate SEO URLs.

I am hoping you can help a newbie. This is the first module I am trying to install to my site.

The store is not live yet. I have only update some colors and uploaded new button images.

I can see the value of this module, for the current product image display is very weak.

My store location is at: http://www.xtremedistance.com/catalog/

The store version is osCommerce 2.2.060817

So far this is what I have done:

Step A: New Files

I have uploaded the new files to my site.

Step C: Modified Files

I have only made a backup of the files that will be modified.

I have not uploaded the modified files yet to my site.

Back to Step B: Database Installation

I made a backup of my site using the Backup Utility in the Admin Tools.

It is still the demo database, but I backed it up anyway.

This is the step that I am stuck on....Step B.

I opened a browser screen and typed: http://www.xtremedistance.com/catalog/admi...s_configure.php

I just get a blank screen. The instructions say that the "Additional Images Configuration Utility" should appear. I did not get that-just a blank screen.

Can you instruct me on what I should do next?

Thanks,

Maureen

Xtreme Distance Golf

I am hoping you can help a newbie. This is the first module I am trying to install to my site.

The store is not live yet. I have only update some colors and uploaded new button images.

I can see the value of this module, for the current product image display is very weak.

My store location is at: http://www.xtremedistance.com/catalog/

The store version is osCommerce 2.2.060817

So far this is what I have done:

Step A: New Files

I have uploaded the new files to my site.

Step C: Modified Files

I have only made a backup of the files that will be modified.

I have not uploaded the modified files yet to my site.

Back to Step B: Database Installation

I made a backup of my site using the Backup Utility in the Admin Tools.

It is still the demo database, but I backed it up anyway.

This is the step that I am stuck on....Step B.

I opened a browser screen and typed: http://www.xtremedistance.com/catalog/admi...s_configure.php

I just get a blank screen. The instructions say that the "Additional Images Configuration Utility" should appear. I did not get that-just a blank screen.

Can you instruct me on what I should do next?

Thanks,

Maureen

Xtreme Distance Golf

find this file:

/admin/includes/application_top.php

find: error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change to: error_reporting(E_ALL);

do you get any error when you return to that configuration page?

ask you host if your PHP errors are turned off on your site. if so, have them enabled. Get an error then?

I am trying to install this with Master Products. I am getting hung up with categories.php. Everything works great except if I try to update an existing product's image. When I try, it acts like it is updating the image but no image is shown on the preview page, and no image shows up on the product list.

I know its a case of figuring out where to paste in the new Additional Images code for each 'case' in the categories.php page, but so far I have'nt been able to get it to work.

Anyone with help in this area, please contact me and let me know.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

I am trying to install this with Master Products. I am getting hung up with categories.php. Everything works great except if I try to update an existing product's image. When I try, it acts like it is updating the image but no image is shown on the preview page, and no image shows up on the product list.

I know its a case of figuring out where to paste in the new Additional Images code for each 'case' in the categories.php page, but so far I have'nt been able to get it to work.

Anyone with help in this area, please contact me and let me know.

there is no preview. I don't have enough info to help futher. all the changes are marked. Search them out and verify you have added the code to your page.

This looks like a really great Contribution. Thanks for all the hard work Todd.

I have a question, however. Would there be a simple way to have it generate 4 images instead of 3? The reason I ask this is because on the particular site I have in mind, the thumbnails of the additional product views would have to be smaller than the Product Listing Size.

So you'd have four images total:

A small, lets say 90 x 90 Thumbnail Image for different product views.

A Slightly bigger, lets say 125 x 125 Image for the Product Listing

A Medium Size, 280 x 280 for the Product Page

And a Large size, 520 x 520 for the Pop Up/Product Detail shot.

Could you provide instruction or direction on how I would go about incorporating this?

Thanks!

This looks like a really great Contribution. Thanks for all the hard work Todd.

I have a question, however. Would there be a simple way to have it generate 4 images instead of 3? The reason I ask this is because on the particular site I have in mind, the thumbnails of the additional product views would have to be smaller than the Product Listing Size.

So you'd have four images total:

A small, lets say 90 x 90 Thumbnail Image for different product views.

A Slightly bigger, lets say 125 x 125 Image for the Product Listing

A Medium Size, 280 x 280 for the Product Page

And a Large size, 520 x 520 for the Pop Up/Product Detail shot.

Could you provide instruction or direction on how I would go about incorporating this?

Thanks!

that would be a big mod. took 2 versions and months of my free time to work up to 3 images.

Thanks for the quick response Todd.

And I definately appreciate all the time and effort that you put into the community. Do you have any suggestions?

without actually detailing changes, sorry, I don't.

find this file:

/admin/includes/application_top.php

find: error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change to: error_reporting(E_ALL);

do you get any error when you return to that configuration page?

ask you host if your PHP errors are turned off on your site. if so, have them enabled. Get an error then?

Sorry for the response delay...I appreciate your help...

Yes, the PHP errors were turned off. I had my host turn them on for me.

I did the change to the /admin/includes/application_top.php as noted above.

I then opened a browser window and went to

http://www.xtremedistance.com/catalog/admi...s_configure.php

Now some errors do appear... Is it better for you to try the link or do you want me to type it up?

There are 2 Notices, 2 Warnings, and 1 Fatal Error.

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks

moestroz