Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevin.i

How to change admin folder name?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to migrate from OSC v2 Milestone 1 (from 2005) to v3 and finding there's a LOT to re-learn.

Basic security question: How do I change the name of the admin folder in v3?

Of course simply renaming the folder breaks all the links. But I don't see a configure.php file in the admin/includes/ folder and can't find where the folder name is defined.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Kevin

Kevin,

You should NOT be migrating to V3.0. V3.0 is NOT stable at this time and has many changes pending in the next release. Further, V3.0 does not use the same table structure V2.2 RC2a uses and therefore there more than likely won't be an 'upgrade' from one to the other.

You should consider using V2.2 RC2a

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

Chris,

Thanks for that word of caution.

The download page says, "This release is a stable production-ready release and will be the first supported release in the v3.x series." so I thought it was ready for prime time even though it's called an Alpha release. (on a side note, I thought Alpha releases were the very first phase of development and are even less developed than Beta releases?)

Thanks again.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I know the page says it is stable...........IT LIES !

lol

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

Hi, Chris.

Thanks. I'm glad I asked about the admin folder before I put too much effort into this.

Just took a look at v2.2 RC2a and felt like I was back in familiar territory. There are some nice new features over MS1 too.

-Kevin