• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Site ODOG almost there

Overdog

Create a few accounts using fake names and write a few reviews. You want the site to look well traveled. On the Create Account page get rid of the fields that you don't need, like gender, date of birth, company name, suburb, and fax number. People won't bother to sign up if it's an extensive sign up procedure. If you expect most of your customers will be from the US, change the order of the fields to conform with the US style of addressing. And you might want to change the look a little bit.

/catalog/includes/application_top.php (about line 142)

Change the setting to true to display the field, false to disable.

// Control what fields of the customer table are used

define('ACCOUNT_GENDER', 'false');

define('ACCOUNT_DOB', 'false');

define('ACCOUNT_COMPANY', 'false');

define('ACCOUNT_SUBURB', 'false');

define('ACCOUNT_STATE', 'true'

Looked in said file no luck am using 2.2 MS1 did the location change ?

There's two parts to osCommerce. Catalog, which the customer sees. and Admin, which you use to configure stuff. Go to Admin, then Configuration, then Customer Details. Change what you don't want to appear to False.

Same comment I made about another site, why use an offsite forum? There are a number of GPL PHP bbs programs that are easy to install and that you will be able to customize to your store layout :-)

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I created a fake account to try to steal your mp3's . You'll be glad to know it didn't work. I did notice that I got charged CA sales tax even though I don't live in CA. That isn't right, is it? Oh , and you can delete the account with all the X's in it.

Interesting site ...

I own the domains 8thoctave.com and eighthoctave.com and that is what we were going to do with them. Not yet gotten to that point, you will have to let me know how it goes ...

I bought The Adobe Oldrider and tried to download it. Netscape stuck a .php on the end of the filename and then sat there for a few minutes until it timed out without downloading anything. MSIE managed to download it but very slowly. Inside the .rar file were only four tracks, 2, 3, 4, and 11. Track 4 was corrupted, so I ended up with only 2, 3, and 11. I tried them both again with the same results.

Archived